SAU Community

The Insurance Thread

heslo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Got quoted $2300 premium with JC. I'm 18, car is 96 GTST, alarm, immobilizer, parked in an off the street lock up garage, in Stirling. Driven once a week, not my daily. Is it just me or is that ridiculous?

I'm 19, female, same year and model, alarm, immobiliser, few mins from Stirling. I think I put it as not being my daily too. $1252 premium, $1550 excess. Where did they get the extra 1k from? Surely its not just from being male? OH.. Josh it's you!! Haha hey, didn't see your actual name until I read back up!

Called SGIC today and he quoted me $1211 for comprehensive (same details as above post). BUT wouldn't insure my car for more than $5000 and something claiming that's all they sell for and are worth at the moment. Hung up on him. Called RAA (member) quoted me $3000 for comprehensive.

Think I might just stick with Just Car, they seem to be experienced with young drivers and turbos. I just don't want to have to pay the $1252 up front, would much rather pay it monthly (will be another $250 a year if I do).

... $1252 up front, would much rather pay it monthly (will be another $250 a year if I do).

You can pay monthly with just cars

she states it will cost $250 a year to pay by the month

• 1 month later...

hi all

havent been on for quite a few months just been really busy with other aspects of life .but i had reason to make a insurence claim thru shannons last week and that remianded of this thread.

my mrs was in a 4 car pile up on main nth rd last week sitting at the lights then thump thump thump as 3 cars behind she got hit by a bloke without much brains damage to the mrs car was fairly light due to the other cars taking the energy out of it all. our tow bar was bent up 90 degs and pushed into the bumper.

no other damage besides that tho. we rang shannons that night to get the ball rolling and because my mrs had all the other drivers details they approved the claim at no cost. all we had to do was take the car to a crash shop of our choice the next day where it was assesed later that day shannons rang to give the repair the go ahead easy as that .you hear horror stories from insurence companys but these guys have been a pleasure to deal with kudo's to them . car went in today to be repaired will be ready for pick up wed night .

cheers dean

Edited by mid life crisis

the guy we spoke to first up was exellent his first question was to ask how my mrs was feeling dropped the car off yesterday and should be ready tomorrow i know its not a big doller claim or anything like that but i feel we have been looked after and the right thing has been done by us.

i used to recommend shannons to friends before this incedent im even more likley to recommend them now i also added another car to the policy that we have just bought and have gotton a quote for a trailer ive just built for my race car ..try getting that service thru buppa lol.

how ya going madaz ya better feel me in on all the gossip ive missed out on in the last 6 months

cheers dean

hmmm gossip no idea i went cold the sphincter of the universe on the wasteland it was eating my life away

lol. that filter cracks me up. (t.u.r.k.e.y)

-D

Hehe, theres a thread in global wasteland - I dont know how to find it offhand but its some guy whinging about how crap the country of tur key is and some mod decided it'd be funny to attach the filter... hilarity ensued

its even funnier when christmas comes around and people start talking about roast tur key and start peaking, wondering why their post is getting edited

-D

Ie: Me and my mum spent the entire afternoon preparing the christmas the sphincter of the universe. It tasted so good once it was out of the oven and nommed into our bellies.

Knowwhaddamean?