SAU Community

-7/9s Or -5s Garretts

Adz2332

heya bud didnt mean to sound rude if i did, from the info ive gathered i just thought at 20psi it would have been more like 350-360rwkw

this was a previous persons, power 'just made 320AWKW on 18lbs, full boost at 3800 (of the top of my head) -5's, custom dumps, inlet, pump, injectors, G4 LINK, std cams, std engine'

and my current set up with built engine but r34 bb turbos is making 280rwkw @ 15psi, im thinkn maybe just have my turbos rebuilt and hi flowed this should acheive the 320-340rwkw

heya bud didnt mean to sound rude if i did, from the info ive gathered i just thought at 20psi it would have been more like 350-360rwkw

this was a previous persons, power 'just made 320AWKW on 18lbs, full boost at 3800 (of the top of my head) -5's, custom dumps, inlet, pump, injectors, G4 LINK, std cams, std engine'

and my current set up with built engine but r34 bb turbos is making 280rwkw @ 15psi, im thinkn maybe just have my turbos rebuilt and hi flowed this should acheive the 320-340rwkw

Nah you didn't come across rude at all. :huh: I was just asking if you had personal experience, thats all.

What might clear ther air is that the dyno I was on is a very old model that is well known in Perth to measure less then I am actually doing. I few of the SAUWA members have reported in the past of running their car at the dyno I was on and a few weeks later running at other dynos around Perth and reporting a bigger figure.

My advanced timing is very conservative compared to other people. Plus also I am running low compression (1.6mm Gasket) So the -5's need to push alot more air to get a decent figure.

I agree that 330RWKW is abit on the low side compared to what others are getting but lets take into account that my motor used to have a T04Z with 6 Boost manifold and 50mm Ext Tial Wastegate and it was pushing 575RWHP with no advanced timing to speak off.

My motor is not the best example of the potential of -5's at 20PSI.

All will change at 24PSI though......... :P

-5's.

Thanks for letting me know.

I assume that you compression is standard?

Mine is much lower (with my 1.6mm gasket)

My motor was built for big PSI so its not the best example for 20PSI -5's :huh:

However once boost is raised then we'll see.

Thanks for letting me know.

I assume that you compression is standard?

Mine is much lower (with my 1.6mm gasket)

My motor was built for big PSI so its not the best example for 20PSI -5's :huh:

However once boost is raised then we'll see.

My motor just has bolt ons. I guess I am just trying to make the point (Again, I know I'll go away soon) that a -5 will push out numbers in the range of 400-450rwhp on less psi than a -7 or even a -9.

Which is always a bonus if you want to look after the thing. Less compression = less heat.

But to clarify for two same same motors with different turbos and a same rwhp number the BMEP figure for the motors will be very close.

with cams your power is low because of your 8200 rev limit i would say!

i have stock cams and mine is 8600! still making power at 8500 8600!!!

on just 15 16 psi 400.6 rwhp in 47deg heat would easy go more on a cool day!

i will be re wiring my fuel pump and spit fire coil packs then tuned to 20 22 psi so stayed tuned!

i have 5s to by the way

330rwkw for 20psi is an awful lot of boost for that reading from a -5.

My RB26 is within a few rwkw using 15psi.

I was thinking the same thing. Mine makes 320KW at the wheels at 17psi and it's an original build

...Why would you have expected more? Have you had personal experience with GT2860R-5's?...

...We are expecting over 500 All Wheel HP once done.

I will keep you all posted. :P

In my personal experience I just thought their would be more to gain. Yes I do, see above. I would be expecting something around 480whp on a 2.6. Good luck Adam and please post up the future results :huh:

My motor just has bolt ons. I guess I am just trying to make the point (Again, I know I'll go away soon) that a -5 will push out numbers in the range of 400-450rwhp on less psi than a -7 or even a -9.

Which is always a bonus if you want to look after the thing. Less compression = less heat.

But to clarify for two same same motors with different turbos and a same rwhp number the BMEP figure for the motors will be very close.

I think the maps show that around that range the -5's and -9's are about the same? But, as it gets higher in airflow the -5's excel

stock bottom end & now requires a bottom end rebuild (factory gtr bottom end is not engineered to handle this power, it has happened to me twice now)

in terms of rwkw i think you lose 10% in awkw mode, so maybe call it 350rwkw?

paul (dirtgarage, aka gtr wikipedia lol) can confirm this if he happens to read my post

yes i thought it was good mph as well nick & a little surprised myself, to be 100% accurate i cracked 129.75mph (130mph would have been nice)

Good work - Offtopic: Who will be building your new bottom end? Pm if you like

probably nick @ dart, he built me other engine (& yours) and i was very happy with the workmanship!

dart automotive treat my car like it is 1 of theirs!

I concur, Nick and Jim will be doing my next one also.

I was thinking the same thing. Mine makes 320KW at the wheels at 17psi and it's an original build

In my personal experience I just thought their would be more to gain. Yes I do, see above. I would be expecting something around 480whp on a 2.6. Good luck Adam and please post up the future results :P

Will do :)