SAU Community

Stealthy Or Stupid ?

Jezboosted

HOLY CRAP ON A STICK BATMAN! thats a huge pod filter lol. Um yeh i would do as that other guy said and get some lines and hide it. Myself i just have a 30 dollar turbo tech bleed valve, great value :P and it works just fine. although eventually i wouldnt mind gettin a greddy avc-r dual boost or sumthin like that

yeah all i have done here is put my turbosmart boost controller inside a jaycar a/f monitor box.... so it looks like something else.

cheers tho guys !!

i have bought 3 meters of silicon line to move it in cabin. even stupider...... when i walked out i realised that the silicon is bright blue..... not very stealthy ...

ok i am allowed to go offtopic in my own topic cos i don't want to start another topic..

here is a heat shield i am making up thanks to the helpful D.I.Y for skylines. need to go to bunnings next but i am sick and not going anywhere soon.

post-58831-1233198170_thumb.jpg

post-58831-1233198195_thumb.jpg

post-58831-1233198229_thumb.jpg

also got my LED's off DAN666 (thanks dan !) and fitted up, and installed the new boost gauge too :blush:

post-58831-1233198405_thumb.jpg

post-58831-1233198416_thumb.jpg

Yes you are correct Blue vac line is not stealthy at all!

You dont need to move the boost t into the cabin just place it somewhere smarter. eg. Under your pod cos once the cover is on and pods in it will be out of the eyes of our best mates :P

good to see another stag driver building up a cai :blush:

good to see another stag driver building up a cai :blush:

thanks kidafa, hey you wouldn't have any pics of yours would you ? do you still run standard smic/piping etc aswell ?

oh another Ot thing, what can you boost these turbo's too safely ? the neo6 has a BB turbo with steel wheel no ??

Many Thanks

Jez

Edited by Jezboosted

jez,

Their are some pics of mine in the pod thread I started. No i run a fmic with the return pipe running across the front of the engine.

As for boost, I wouldnt run any more than 12 psi unless you want to shoot the fins into ur intercooler or out your exhaust...

hope this helps

umm just my personal opinion but the Ebay turbotech Boost controllers are a LOT better than the turbo tech - like I sh1t you not you will notice a difference - I had a dual stage turbotech one before and I found it average at best- not having a go at you just want to suggest a better product

cheers webng !

ok well the best thing i can report is there is a definite temperature difference between the inner side of this shield and the outer side and the kn pod filter is now just warm instead of hot.

i'd be lying to say i can feel a power increase from the shield as i also turned the boost up to 12psi which really gets things moving along nicely. can definitely feel this power dip thing that happens in the 5000-5500 rpm range now that the boost has been upped.

oh and i have had 2nd gear slip once already while i was making sure a xr6 turbo saw my rear lights.... he saw them :banana:

next on the shopping list

justjap stainless dump pipe

sliding performance Exedy (SC) Cerametallic 3 Puk Button clutch kit