SAU Community

Skyline Photo Shoot.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But do they have any handeling?

Obviously not enougth for the hill climb, but maybe at a wakefield track day?

Having never driven any Skyline, I can't give you an answer based on personal experience... however, I'm confident that Supras hold their own on the circuit. And if we're talking about the HillClimb as an example, Mazman was driving a seriously overturboed car for that circuit and STILL beat most of your Skylines.

The best way to find out is put your money where your mouths are and get people from both camps to commit to a track / dyno / drag competition.

The best way to find out is put your money where your mouths are and get people from both camps to commit to a track / dyno / drag competition.

Agreed, though Dyno and Drag would both favour the Supra.

When it cools down, there is some interest in driving to Sydney and attending the regular Friday night drags. Otherwise SAU NSW hold a drag day each year??

And if we're talking about the HillClimb as an example, Mazman was driving a seriously overturboed car for that circuit and STILL beat most of your Skylines.

Mazman is a dude and has an awesome car. Still most of the skylines were first timers to any competative racing and none had any of the money spent that the supra did.

Saying that a 4th place was awesome by the Mazman and I take nothing from the man.

i love how easily discussions on car forum degenerate into.. "mine is better than yours" if supras came out of the factory with 4wd it would be a different story.

Anyway getting back to the topic, its this going aheard? if i cant be in it then i will turn up and watch, should be awesome fun :)

I'm certain all cars would be welcome :) if your on this forum. Except maybe real shitters but that could be a laugh too. The passion is about your car whatever it is.

As far as mines better n faster than yours - whatever dudes. Everyone knows when it comes to speed/handling/looks of cars it's more about who has more disposable cash.

Your car is for you. What you want, what you want it to look like, how you want it to handle, how much speed you can afford or want, a good sound system if your into music. Sure others can appreciate it but really it's for you. I care a little what others think but dont get hung up on it. It's nice when some one else appreciates your car for what it is.

Anyway I'd be seriously dissapointed if peeps on this forum couldn't have their pride n joy in the Photo's.

Yeh. So back on topic, I would be once again happy to help Justin organise another photo shoot. I get the datto back this weekend from respray, so ill bring it along. But no one seems to have answered whether they want Justin to do the photography (instead we had a pissing contest and lets face it, Dattos rule :)), so can we get a show of hands or whatever please?

I am bored.....

Don't know what happened to Alan, but these things don't organise themselves.

Initially this idea was proposed on the R31 Skyline Club forum. You guys must know how the two clubs don't really mingle and it might have even put some people off.

Anyway, a new thread will probably be created once details are finalised.

I'm still here just stiing back and watching the posts.

I will be looking at the Easter Long weekend for the shoot.

A month or so away so plenty of time to arange an approprite venue.

Also gives us 4 days to choose from just in case of bad weather.

Anyway thats what I have in mind over to you guys....