SAU Community

Car Wont Start.

kuma j

hey guys,

a month ago i went to the usa so i i asked my sister to start my car up and give it a run every now and then to make sur the battery stayed all good.

after being gone for 4 days she went to do just that and she said it wouldnt start. wouldnt kick over or anything just made this weird ticking noise.

so i got back today and went to sort it out and see what was happening. turns out the battery had died so i just to jump start it and when i turn the key it makes a strange ticking noise and the lights in the dash flash really quickly. and no go at starting.

if anyone has any idea at all what it could be and help would be great.

hey guys,

a month ago i went to the usa so i i asked my sister to start my car up and give it a run every now and then to make sur the battery stayed all good.

after being gone for 4 days she went to do just that and she said it wouldnt start. wouldnt kick over or anything just made this weird ticking noise.

so i got back today and went to sort it out and see what was happening. turns out the battery had died so i just to jump start it and when i turn the key it makes a strange ticking noise and the lights in the dash flash really quickly. and no go at starting.

if anyone has any idea at all what it could be and help would be great.

Confine sister to household duties & buy new battery. :( Sorry,

Yer battery is shagged dude, need to place it on slow trickle charge overnite & see what gives in the next 12 hours.

Cheers GW

thing is though she said it done that when she tried it just 4 days after i left sit im not sure how it could have died in the arse of 4 days of not use. i dont drive it to work during the week so its use to not being used every day.

but i think i may have to get a new battery just didnt know if it might be something more serious

So have you replaced the battery and it's still doing this?

Because to me the that is either a flat battery or the terminals aren't connected correctly.

only just got back today so i'll have to attend to it tomorrow properly. battery hasnt been touched so it wont be the terminals. maybe the battery is just old and decided to shit itself while i was away

thing is though she said it done that when she tried it just 4 days after i left sit im not sure how it could have died in the arse of 4 days of not use. i dont drive it to work during the week so its use to not being used every day.

but i think i may have to get a new battery just didnt know if it might be something more serious

Yeah mate same thing happened to my R32.. tryied jump starting it and all it did was the clicking sound u said u had.. Even when i put it on another car to jump start it, drive it home then the next morning.. it was flat again..

I found that yeah the battery had died.. just replace it & problems should go, i havnt had any problems with the car since..

Also it depends on if you Imobalizer is still running while it is sitting there.. yeah its a good idear but it drains away the power Slowly But Surely.. :(

so while mines not running (due to mechanical work..) i turn it off (Imobalizer) and the battery is fine & new :P

so hope its not anything major!

Cheers & Good Luck!

ok got it all sorted. the nrma came and had a look and tested the battery and said it was totally stuffed so i put a new one in and it all good :(

thanks for the help guys. :)

hey i got exactly the same problem as yours today about the clicking sound, i left the lights on for a few hours and same thing happend.

Can I ask how much is the cost for replacing the batter by nrma?

And how much cheaper if i were to get one from shop and instal it myself?

ok got it all sorted. the nrma came and had a look and tested the battery and said it was totally stuffed so i put a new one in and it all good :(

thanks for the help guys. :)

some women can have an effect of ticking men off - so why not a macho car???????

good news - all's well that ends well!!!

hey i got exactly the same problem as yours today about the clicking sound, i left the lights on for a few hours and same thing happend.

just use your farke phone and ring around

it's just a battery

pull out, put in, and reconnect the terminals

For a century DIN53L fully sealed battery (you legally have to have a sealed one since it is in the boot) your looking at around $130-$160.

Clicking sound most likely the Solenoid (round smallish barrel on the outside of the starter, a pain on Skylines as its tucked under the manifiold and stuff) trying to kick the starter but not enough grunt from the poor old battery. The starter spins fast and the Solenoid whacks (approriate word) the fast spinning starter into the ring gear.

Trickle charge or jump start - then get a Voltmeter and check the alternator is actually pumping enough volts (about 14.5 good) - if its only pumping 12,13 etc etc - it ain't enough. Clean battery terminals helps.

Also it depends on if you Imobalizer is still running while it is sitting there.. yeah its a good idear but it drains away the power Slowly But Surely.. ;)

so while mines not running (due to mechanical work..) i turn it off (Imobalizer) and the battery is fine & new :blink:

I use a solar panel on the rear parcel shelf to charge the battery during the day while car's not in use. It's only a 1.5W but it does the job well enough so I can get in and turn the key without any issues.

It was also only $40.00.