SAU Community

March Motor "gtr Returns"

donutdavid

Come on you GTR lovers who didn't get his march copy of MOTOR it has to be colectors item.

I tell you at my two local news agencies not to many left in the first week!

I've got 2 one for safe keeping and 1 for reading in my library (bathroom). :D

Nice pictures too

Loved it.

By the way anyone with original Wheels or Motor with 32 GTR on the cover I'd like to buy let me know!

Enjoy

Dave :)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got it yesty- They really don't rate the brakes during the last half of the Bathurst lap in the R35. But weighing over 1700 kegs, you'd expect that.

The write up on the Grp A 32 was good- learned a few points I didn't know.

I have the Wheels with a red R32 GT-R on the cover with the heading 'Godzilla!', no I won't sell it to you :D

Used to have an issue of aussie Road&Track with Rob Luck test driving the Winfield 32, but that one got ruined ages ago :)

The guy who wrote the article reckons that at around AU$148K, it's a bit too expensive - cos it's a Nissan. Talk about brand snobbery. Where else can you find a car in Australia with that kind of performance for that kind of price? The author is a retard.

I don't know about being a retard, but definitely set in his ways/biased/fan of another brand. Let's put the boot on the other foot: "Because a stock GT2 @ $447K is just SUCH good value for money.." LOL.

Did you see the article in TARMAC on the Club Sports Pack Nismo ed' of the R35? Merely another $82K-odd for rims, seats,exhaust and some shocks...EEEP! If I had the folding stuff, I'd hunt me a Spec V...hell, even a standard R35 would keep me happy whilst the rebuild of my 32 continues!

Got it yesty- They really don't rate the brakes during the last half of the Bathurst lap in the R35. But weighing over 1700 kegs, you'd expect that.

Yeah, I've heard similar complaints from overseas testers. I know that, being an aftermarket brake company employee introduces a fair amount of bias, but this is an interesting read on the OE Brembos.

Speaking of the SpecV, i priced one for a customer yesterday, and he's accepted the order - the price? $450,000 ready to drive. Thats including luxury car tax, which was a crazy amount, compliance etc.

Also sold a HKS GT570 kit and exhaust to another customer, its crazy the frenzy surrounding these cars - if only people knew what R32/3/4 owners pay for parts!

Speaking of the SpecV, i priced one for a customer yesterday, and he's accepted the order - the price? $450,000 ready to drive. Thats including luxury car tax, which was a crazy amount, compliance etc.

Also sold a HKS GT570 kit and exhaust to another customer, its crazy the frenzy surrounding these cars - if only people knew what R32/3/4 owners pay for parts!

Are you for real??? 450K for what? :(

SpecV, delivery k's, on the road ready to go, 8 week delivery time, mines exhaust. Thats what you get, oh, and a fkn HUGE amount of taxes to pay while the exchange rate is so crappy. Figure out the luxury car tax just for a laugh

wow.... just wow.... did you tell him to buy a standard R and spend a metric f*ckload on go fast bits!!?? If you spent, in total, say $150K on after market parts, ontop of say $150k for the car (so $300K) surely, surely, you'd have a car immeasurably quicker car than the SpecV?

didn't know you were an importer...

Im not an importer, im a sales rep - i sell whatever's got a great margin at the time, and when the margin/leads goes away in a product i move on :P

Yes i did say that it would be smarter to buy a normal one and do it up - but he's one of those weathly types that gets his heart set on something and wont accept anything short of whats in his head. Really tops guys which is nice!

Im not an importer, im a sales rep - i sell whatever's got a great margin at the time, and when the margin goes away in a product i move on :D

Yes i did say that it would be smarter to buy a normal one and do it up - but he's one of those weathly types that gets his heart set on something and wont accept anything short of whats in his head. Really tops guys which is nice!

And everyone wishes they had friends like that. :P

yeah but thats like 90% of the people on here saying they wouldn't pay 150k or whatever it was for a HSV427 cos "it's just a holden" same thing as with this.

Porsche have only ever made expensive cars and thats what people expect.

Come on you GTR lovers who didn't get his march copy of MOTOR it has to be colectors item.

I've got 2 one for safe keeping and 1 for reading in my library (bathroom). :)

Nice pictures too

Loved it.

By the way anyone with original Wheels or Motor with 32 GTR on the cover I'd like to buy let me know!

Enjoy

Dave :banana:

I have 2 copies of 1989 July Wheels magazine...the one with the red R32 GTR on the front... :)

And my brother just bought this copy off of ebay :)

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...em=280310071327

They pop up from time to time on ebay. Just have to keep your eye on it

yeah but thats like 90% of the people on here saying they wouldn't pay 150k or whatever it was for a HSV427 cos "it's just a holden" same thing as with this.

Porsche have only ever made expensive cars and thats what people expect.

Yeah but unlike the GTR, the HSV427's performance and build quality does not justify its price.

I've got 2 one for safe keeping and 1 for reading in my library (bathroom). :rolleyes:

Nice pictures too

Loved it.

Enjoy

Dave :thumbsup:

It was not a bad read! Almost funny how they compared times against race-spec Porches, let alone V8SC's Would be cool to key a race-prepared R35 in the mix.

So what is the consensus on the brake issue? Would good pads and fluid go some way into making it better? I suppose Bathurst would be pretty brutal, and they are street spec brakes after all. Would have liked to see a close up pic of the rotors and pads after that. I wont be able to afford a brake upgrade beyond new pads/fluid (maybe rotors) i need it to work on the track for three or four laps (supersprints).

Obviously the brakes are not built for racing, fair enough, its not a race car. Keep in mind the weight too, imagine the load on the brakes at the end of conrod.

All in all I thought it was a positive write up apart from the whole price thing, I dont think any motoring scribe will ever be able to get over it. Ill go back and read it again to count how many times they said "this is fast!"

But they are race spec brakes- 380mm two-piece rotors front and rear with 6 piston front and 4 piston rear monobloc calipers. The same sort of thing they have on V8 Taxicars. It's just the pad composition and extra 400kgs that make life hard for the GT-R at a track like Bathurst. I think a pad with a much less street friendly heat range (say 300-1000 degrees) would help things a lot (and more extreme cooling ducting for the centre of the discs).