SAU Community

How Would You Build An Import Cruiser?

R33_Dude

Its amazing that most of the support is for the aristo/chaser and not a nissan - on a skyline forum!

becasue its an awesome car!

the only thing that stopped me buying a chaser is that i've spent waaaaaaay too much on teh 33 and wouldn't be happy with the chaser till it was at the same level :)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then you open up the throttle and watch your fuel go down... LOL!

That's entirely up to you. :-P

Around town with "sensible" driving, when you don't care about speed, a turbo kit on a stock VQ35DE is more fuel efficient. The guys I know who've done it on their Z's get around 15% better fuel economy around town (anecdotally, they're not doing some rigorous CSIRO-type test but at the same time they didn't put down a bucketload of cash on a turbo kit to not enjoy it).

If you want to stomp on the gas and you don't care about how much fuel you use, the VQ35DE+T(T) is more powerful.

If you can afford it, its the best of both worlds.

I did consider a V35 but the price for what they are is still prohibitive.

For sure. Hence the higher budget caveat. :wave:

I think they're well priced for what they are, though. You're not going to find another reasonably new luxury GT coupe anywhere near the price. Certainly not Japanese.

That's entirely up to you. :-P

Around town with "sensible" driving, when you don't care about speed, a turbo kit on a stock VQ35DE is more fuel efficient. The guys I know who've done it on their Z's get around 15% better fuel economy around town (anecdotally, they're not doing some rigorous CSIRO-type test but at the same time they didn't put down a bucketload of cash on a turbo kit to not enjoy it).

If you want to stomp on the gas and you don't care about how much fuel you use, the VQ35DE+T(T) is more powerful.

If you can afford it, its the best of both worlds.

Yeah right...

Is it because they have the turbo kit on, it helps with say, for example... Low down to mid range so no need to stomp your foot down as hard because of the help of the turbo(s)..?

If you get what I mean..? LOL!

Mmm yes a celsior.

Take one Celsior with leather interior, plus full luxo kit including height adjustable air suspension, add one M90 supercharger kit at 7 psi plus an MV autos shift kit (gearboxes can be fragile sometimes). Extractors, custom exhaust with mufflers to keep a nice V8 note yet keep it unobtrusive. Shave off the rear antenna and reinstall it underneath the car just to smooth out the lines.

Dark coloured mags, chrome lip.

Is it because they have the turbo kit on, it helps with say, for example... Low down to mid range so no need to stomp your foot down as hard because of the help of the turbo(s)..?

Basically, yeah. The guys I know basically drive a gear higher than they did when they were NA and use the torque curve.

A FI setup is generally more efficient than a NA setup to make the same amount of power, especially when the FI setup in question is just a NA engine with a pair of blowers strapped on.

Basically, yeah. The guys I know basically drive a gear higher than they did when they were NA and use the torque curve.

A FI setup is generally more efficient than a NA setup to make the same amount of power, especially when the FI setup in question is just a NA engine with a pair of blowers strapped on.

Yeah cool, thanks for that.

Turbo V35 it is then! Hehehe!!! :D:D

• 1 year later...

Just another idea, what about an Evo 7 GT-A?

The GT-A was considered the luxury Evo, and they tested all the upgraded parts on it before putting on the later models (it has the later model tail lights, etc), and also has a much nicer interior. Being an Evo it has awesome leg room in the front and back, and a massive boot.

The downside is its automatic, but this is also a bonus too because its really driven down their prices. However, it's still an Evo, and the gearbox was designed to suit the car. For an automatic these things are quick!

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/privat...T-A&trecs=7

I love the champagne colour too.

The R33 GTR 4 Door done by Autech?

I'd be interested in purchasing an Aristo, I really would. I wouldn't consider putting power into it though. Could you imagine how much of a dog that would be to drive? Especially since it's intended to be a VIP/Cruiser car. Obvious things like small boost increase, i/c etc would be required just so you have that little bit extra.

I don't know shit about exterior mods but as long as it looks clean and nice, sure.

UCF1x Celsiors are shit.

They cost more than same generation LS400s.

The air suspension is only a liability.

Interior electronics all seem to crap out about now.

Velour interior is shit.

Most examples were ratshit before they were even imported here.

Every contact surface will be rooted, for some reason they seem to pick interior materials that just can't cope with Asian sweat.

Yet you can buy a tidy LS400 with history, factory leather, regular shocks and springs etc for similar or often less money and in general they are in better nick...I know what I'd buy.

Actually probably a locally delivered UCF20 LS400 would be a much better option for a couple more thousand. Longer wheelbase, more room, lot of the issues fixed. Or, since Toyota/Lexus products are ALL heinously overpriced, consider a BMW 540i of the mid 90s.

If it has to be celsior era of ancientness, find a local Q45 Infiniti! Fit president front, rear, mild skirt kit, 19x10/11" wheels and K-sport bag kit, done.

Personally I'd think awd auto S2 Stagea.

Edited by floody

to build a nice cruiser i started out by buying these...

p1.jpg

p1.jpg

whitesoarer.jpg

...sorry i couldn't help myself... i had to post them...

i'm still very proud of them =)

a new nissan cima. though not sure if they can be imported. if they can, epic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Cima

VQ30DET, awesome 3L v6 engine. 206kw and 380nm stock. light weight as well.

or the VK45DET which is a 4.5L V8.

rwd :cool:

luxury.

come in bother manual/auto but i think auto is a lot more common.

4.jpg

vip8.jpg

Edited by Peter89