SAU Community

What Skyline To Buy?

hey every1

im 17 and new to cars. All of a sudden im interested in skylines. i never used to like them because theres so many around but theyre so nice :D

ill get to the point now haha

in a year or 2 im ganna start working and im looking at spending 12-16k on a skyline (or any other recomendations?)

i only really like r33's and r34's are even better but i dont really know much so i was ganna ask you guys what you think i should look for in a skyline?

would it be enough for a nice sound system, rims, bodykit, rear spoiler? Whats the quickest i could get for the price?

ARGGHHH soo many questions

Shannon

hey every1

im 17 and new to cars. All of a sudden im interested in skylines. i never used to like them because theres so many around but theyre so nice :D

ill get to the point now haha

in a year or 2 im ganna start working and im looking at spending 12-16k on a skyline (or any other recomendations?)

i only really like r33's and r34's are even better but i dont really know much so i was ganna ask you guys what you think i should look for in a skyline?

would it be enough for a nice sound system, rims, bodykit, rear spoiler? Whats the quickest i could get for the price?

ARGGHHH soo many questions

Shannon

12 - 16,000...

could land you a decent R32 GT-R

or a good R33 GTS-T with extras

id say either GT-R or nothing

16000 for a decent R32 GTR? that's pushing it a little i think. They seem to be going for the 18-22K mark, from what i've seen. (though perhaps not in 2 years time...)

Of course, you also need to factor in things like rego (not to much), and insurance (which will be very much for young people). And repairs.

My advice is: start working now, not in a year or 2.

Edited by sneakey pete

lol i wish i could start workin now but u gotta be 19 to be a cop :P

thanks for ur replies btw

how did u guys learn to know what ur talking about

like... ill be on the classifieds lookin at the list of mods and ill jst be like wtf hahaha

16000 for a decent R32 GTR? that's pushing it a little i think. They seem to be going for the 18-22K mark, from what i've seen. (though perhaps not in 2 years time...)

Of course, you also need to factor in things like rego (not to much), and insurance (which will be very much for young people). And repairs.

My advice is: start working now, not in a year or 2.

well in 2 years time he'd be able to buy an R33 GT-R for cheap

insurance is always bad...even for older people....depending on the car...

and the suburb reflects it slightly.

im about 27...i still find it very hefty. Nothings cheap dude................................

lol i wish i could start workin now but u gotta be 19 to be a cop :laugh:

thanks for ur replies btw

how did u guys learn to know what ur talking about

like... ill be on the classifieds lookin at the list of mods and ill jst be like wtf hahaha

Do lots of searching in the different forums to find out a lot of the stuff you find difficult to understand or dont know.

Magazines might help a little too so you can see pics of where things go etc and learn a little more about them other than that just through experience and talking to people who know their stuff :P

I am hardly the most knowledgable on this subject but I'll chuck in my 2 cents anyway.

With that budget and your age I would go with either an R32 GTST or an R33 GTS25T. A GT-R in that price range wouldn't be in great condition (if you could even find one for 16k), not to mention it would cost more to insure, run and I'm sure general maintenace would also be more expensive.

As for the R34, again in that price range you'd be looking at a sedan and/or a non-turbo which I'm sure you don't want.

Then if you want a decent sound system, body kit and other extras that is going to cost even more money, so factor that in aswell.

If you can find a decent 2nd hand R32 GTST or R33 GTS25T with maybe a bodykit and/or an alright sound system already on it and in your price bracket you will probably be onto a winner.

Although if you could find an R31 with an RB20DET (R31 GTST's I believe they are called) you would be pretty rad in my books.

Just my thoughts though. There are many more members on this board who know Skylines alot better than I so I would be listening to them first.

far out guys i never realised how many bloody types of skylines there are!

so the general consensus is that i should look for:

1. R32 GTST

2. R33 GTS25T

why those two? what makes those better than the others in my price range?

once again thanks for all ur input. i greatly appreciate it :laugh:

btw hopefully buy the time i have the money gtr prices will have fallen enough to get one :P

far out guys i never realised how many bloody types of skylines there are!

so the general consensus is that i should look for:

1. R32 GTST

2. R33 GTS25T

why those two? what makes those better than the others in my price range?

once again thanks for all ur input. i greatly appreciate it :D

btw hopefully buy the time i have the money gtr prices will have fallen enough to get one :banana:

dude if you think thats hard to remember it all.......

you should see USA's cars........ toyota in aust only has 9 models for e.g in usa theres like 20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

our country hasnt SEEN cars! in my opinion.........

well the R32 is the older model.......1989 - 1994 .... the Predecessor of the R33...which ran from 1993 - 1998..... and the R34 is the Successor of the R33....1998 - 2003.

the "25T" you see doesnt really mean anything..... the "T" stands for turbo.... and obviously "25" ...

i still say go the GT-R...

because when you buy the GTS-t......you wont help but spend on the car etc......every penny used on that car....may as well be spent on the GT-R

I am hardly the most knowledgable on this subject but I'll chuck in my 2 cents anyway.

With that budget and your age I would go with either an R32 GTST or an R33 GTS25T. A GT-R in that price range wouldn't be in great condition (if you could even find one for 16k), not to mention it would cost more to insure, run and I'm sure general maintenace would also be more expensive.

As for the R34, again in that price range you'd be looking at a sedan and/or a non-turbo which I'm sure you don't want.

Then if you want a decent sound system, body kit and other extras that is going to cost even more money, so factor that in aswell.

If you can find a decent 2nd hand R32 GTST or R33 GTS25T with maybe a bodykit and/or an alright sound system already on it and in your price bracket you will probably be onto a winner.

Although if you could find an R31 with an RB20DET (R31 GTST's I believe they are called) you would be pretty rad in my books.

Just my thoughts though. There are many more members on this board who know Skylines alot better than I so I would be listening to them first.

This man speaks the truth. Spend less on an R32 GTS-t and save the extra cash for a really good GT-R later one, when you're not gonna get reamed so much on insurance and have some driving experience under your belt.

thanks again every1. u guys r legends

at the momment im more impressed with the R33's

im confused with the leters before the r33

e.g BNR33

ECR33

etc....

can any1 help me out with info on em?

Edited by ezy_4_u

BNR = GTR of that model

ECR/HCR = single turbo version of that model

each model skyline has its own vin code and instead of just having R32/R33 etc they have different letters at the beginning to verify exactly what model it is.

e.g HCR32 = R32 GTST

Edited by willL

hmm y dont u ask this question in two years wen u can actually buy the car?? coz i can asure u that u r goin to change your mind 100 times over the next two years

my 2 cents

good point. im curious of what ones are better and why so when the time comes that i can actually buy one i will have a wealth of knowlege to use etc... so i thought this would be a good place to start ;)

12 - 16,000...

could land you a decent R32 GT-R

or a good R33 GTS-T with extras

id say either GT-R or nothing

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!