SAU Community

My three years is up

Chucky

Finally onto my open licence and without loosing a point !!!

Sure I drove a non-turbo silvia for the first 1 1/2 years and a gts-t skyline for the remainder. I've had fines and warnings for stupid things likes driving without headlights on and driving "erratically" - before the new laws were passed.

I guess i've had some luck with speeding fines but other than that I drive quite sensibly.

How many of you guys are on your opens? and in which state?

Yeah, I have been on my opens for 6 yrs now, have had plenty of fines and had my license suspended once. All this while driving minis and geminis. In the two years of Skyline ownership I haven't lost a point, oh yeah have never been in an accident either.

Originally posted by Zdenko

just got of my p's 2 weeks ago and i got 2 points left!!! NEVER LOST IT ONCE

im so proud

Hahaha thats a good start!

I have never drivin over 2 months without a fine! so never remember being on gull points.:(

Have had my licience for 8yrs (last 2 with the skyline), last 5yrs working as a field tech. doing about 1100km p/w of driving, have NOT lost 1 point and no accidents. Not even a parking ticket, lol :D.

Have coped 2 canaries though (with previous two cars):)

Originally posted by Al

Have had my licience for 8yrs (last 2 with the skyline), last 5yrs working as a field tech. doing about 1100km p/w of driving, have NOT lost 1 point and no accidents.  Not even a parking ticket, lol :D.

Have coped 2 canaries though (with previous two cars):)

That is almost identical to my story! 8 years with a license, last 2 being with the Skyline. I spent the last 2 years working out of town (so not quite a field tech), and therefore did a huge amount of driving - yet I have never lost a single point on my license, had any parking tickets or any accidents. I have been pulled over for speeding a couple of times though (once was 30km/h over in an 80 zone and he let me off cos it was late and it was a straight road)

I've only copped 1 canary - but for me it was on my Skyline :(

ive just lost my liscence for the third time, im on a good behavour liscence, which is 2 points for one year instead of doing the time, when i do get my liscence back i have to do 3months automatic suspension for 45and over, and then they take a further 9 points of my new licence when i get it back, if i dont do anything wrong, by mid 2006 i should have a full 12points, what can u do but slow down, im lucky because they wanted to take me to court and reveiw my licence and take it away from me for three years due to having 3 or more major fines in a space of three years, over 45, burnout, etc, ive got three burnout, two over 45

Originally posted by B-Man

NSW Gold Licence Holder for 18 years.

Currently, only 1 point down on my licence.

Geez I'm old !

I can beat that, 19years, no points down

I am older:p

and WTF is a gold liscence, is it like a amex gold card - give you special discounts on fines of something:)

He he - another oldie - I was beginning to think that Neil, Dino and I were the oldest phukers on this forum ! :) he he

Yeah - Gold Licence - You get a discount on the number of points taken off for speeding :D j/ks