SAU Community

Where Do U Get Ur V35 Serviced At?

hi, just got my 350gt back from nissan wangara and man got charged ~$800 for brake pads n discs for the front (not including the initial service). they were gonna charge me $40 for the wipers but nah cud probably get it for cheaper.

Anyways was wondering if anyone else who owns a v35 n where u get it serviced or any recommendations?

Thanks in advance

Will

Well if your front brakes pads and rotors need replacement then nothing much you can do unless you can do it yourself. That price sounds reasonable considering that's retail price.

I'm in VIC, I serviced mine at City Nissan dealer as well. Cost me $600 for them to do major 50,000km service including tranny oil flush and replace, they also cleaned my new brake pads & rotors which were still making noise while bedding in when I upgrade the brakes.

I paid $500 in labour for my 4 set of brake upgrade (brembo calipers, 324mm front & 322mm rear, redstuff pads all around) and that is not including the parts for the brakes. Parts for the brake could easily be $1000+ for all 4 corner and that is group buy price, NOT retail price. Expect higher for retail price. So in total I have done almost $2000 for major 50km service and replacing all 4 corner of my brakes and brake pads.

• Like 1

Mind you that the $500 labour I paid for is not done by Nissan. it's done by a local brake shop. Nissan may charge me more.

When I did my RWC at another mechanic who charged me about $100 to swap 2 front brake rotors and brake pads, on top of the rotor & pad cost which estimated around perhaps $600-ish plus. That is because he knew I worked for his old school mate so there is some mates rates applied there.

The thing is you can spend $150 for each service at your local mechanic, but what they do is probably just change the oil for you.

At Nissan you may pay premium price e.g. $300-400 but they will replace things that would not have been touched at your $150 backyard service, such as the washers in your oil drain plug, brake pedal adjustment, hand brake adjustment, top up your washer fluid, and any other small things owners are too lazy to replace themselves. Perhaps you can keep the cost down before bringing in to Nissan and replace wiper rubber, top up your washer fluid etc and tell them you've done all that, so they only do the big jobs, ie engine oil change.

Whenever my car came out of dealership service, the brake pedal, handbrake etc all felt like it was brand new, very responsive.

Whenever my car came out of a small workshop service, what they do is only oil change and I know that as I only paid for about $120 alltogether.

So I could be driving my car for 100,000km and not knowing that my brake hose may have cracks and require replacement, or that the washer in my oil drain plug is worn and I'm loosing oil slowly. That's the difference.

I know it cost a lot, and it's your money they're charging, so up to you if you think it's not worth paying a Nissan engineer to put your car on a hoist and charge you $150 labour just to look at your undercarriage to see any hoses may have deteriorate every 10,000km - then you can just do $150 engine oil change at your corner shop until the day you sell the car.

Now I don't pro Nissan dealer and I don't work for them, but there are things that the big dealership do on their service schedule that are not done by some small mechanic shop.

and then there's that resale value - not sure for imports, but my wife's old corolla had full Toyota stamp dealer service, and that helped the resale value a bit and gets buyers very interested when they see the service book. It cost her $400-500 per service every 3 months when we used commute 80+ kms a day... so yeah, that's a $2 grand a year maintenance cost.

Cars can be cheap to buy but they are not cheap to own...

• Like 1

Hmmm.... i get my v35 done at the local, he does whats in the logbook and i get charged about $250 - $300 and thats a wheel alignment too. I've always taken my cars to him so he says he will look after me. But i do think about going to the Nissan dealer now (Thanks to RS73 and his wisdom).

What to do.... support the local guy or pay the big bucks and get the Nissan dealer to do it. And what if your local guy does do all the same things as the Nissan dealer...... What to do......?

• Like 1

if your local (i'm not saying all local don't do logbook servicing) do logbook servicing and cheaper then you better off taking it there....

cos the ones I've been taking mine to when I had R33 is basically only oil change

I got a major service at Imports 101 in East Vic Park (WA) and specifically asked them to adjust the handbrake and as Chris Rogers had said the belts looked 90% gone when he installed the stereo I asked them to replace them. I got a quote beforehand and it seemed fair.

Following the service there was a fresh looking scratch in the centre console I'd never seen before, then the AC belt fell off, wasn't apparent at first as I got it done in July, went to an AC shop thinking the re-gas might have got missed over east but no, the belt. Then a couple of weeks later the main drive belt fell off as I was on a Freeway onramp, as I was close to the AC shop and figured they could do a belt I went straight to them and they replaced it. The AC shop said they couldn't see any problem with car and they've been fine since, so it seems they were poorly fitted at Imports101.

I told Imports101, they seemed nice enough, so thought it was fair to let them know and they said they were happy to have a look and for it to be at their expense if it was their fault but add a couple of minor things to the above and all from one visit, I figured I would be stupid to go near the place again. If the main belt had gone when I was down south for example I would have been pretty much stranded, no engine cooling, was also slightly scary having the power steering cut out on me mid may through a sweeper!

Staff change from time to time and really that is what makes a place good or bad and they could have changed by now but that was my experience.

I'v allways done my own oil changes on all of my cars since I was 16, this includes the V35 which I just did the other day. However with the V35 being somewhat of a more modern car compared to my old ones I think ill get Nissan to do a service on it next time its due just so they chan check over everything. Mind you Im worried about the responce im going to get when I bring them a V35 to service since I doubt they have ever seen one in far north QLD

• Like 1

Hey, i would recommend x-speed, c-red. Coz i havent heard any negative comments about them. I used to go to imports 101 but i have heard some negative comments about them aswell. For minor service i have a local workshop close to where i live and they do a good service. But as rs73 said.. if its a major service you are doing, like a 50,000 k service, then you better pay that extra and go to a good workshop.

x-speed quoted me $430 to fit some new front brake pads (can't remember the make but pretty good ones) and machine my rotors. After shopping around that was a pretty decent price.

• Like 1

sorry for changing the topic a little, i got my car at around 37000 km, now it's close to 40k km. Coz i didnt get the log book with my v35, so according to http://autoworkshop.com.au/index_files/Page802.htm, it requires changing of Oil + Filter. Cabin Filter, Air Filter. Brake Fluid. Coolant.

But there is a sticker on the front driver side sticker, which written next service at 46000 km.. Hrm.. should i get a service now or should i wait till the 46000 km for a 50000km service? Or should i get a 40000km service now?

sorry for changing the topic a little, i got my car at around 37000 km, now it's close to 40k km. Coz i didnt get the log book with my v35, so according to http://autoworkshop.com.au/index_files/Page802.htm, it requires changing of Oil + Filter. Cabin Filter, Air Filter. Brake Fluid. Coolant.

But there is a sticker on the front driver side sticker, which written next service at 46000 km.. Hrm.. should i get a service now or should i wait till the 46000 km for a 50000km service? Or should i get a 40000km service now?

Better now. you don't know you did your last service, they could be guessing when it needs it..... Just looking in my log book and your next one is at 40,000kms, a "D" service.

Print this out if you want and take it with you next service

post-60315-1237691825_thumb.jpg

thankss paul for looking up the service log and scanning it.. so it's basically same as the one stated in autoworkshop.com.au.

Can someone lend me his service log for photocopy and having in return, i m happy to buy u half a dozen of strongbow.. (fell in love with this beer recently)

thankss paul for looking up the service log and scanning it.. so it's basically same as the one stated in autoworkshop.com.au.

Can someone lend me his service log for photocopy and having in return, i m happy to buy u half a dozen of strongbow.. (fell in love with this beer recently)

Go here and buy one. will add value to your car. i would lend you mine but i don't drink :down:

http://www.jpnz.co.nz/afawcs0131171/CATID=...uctdetails.html

Edited by V35_Paul
  • Like 1

shocked u should find the maintenance book for sell!! i googled without result.. :)

but $90? hv to think about it.. it's bundled with service book(which i have a copy from net)

Go here and buy one. will add value to your car. i would lend you mine but i don't drink :blink:

http://www.jpnz.co.nz/afawcs0131171/CATID=...uctdetails.html

shocked u should find the maintenance book for sell!! i googled without result.. :)

but $90? hv to think about it.. it's bundled with service book(which i have a copy from net)

hrmmm.... yeah i was also looking for a service log book too.... the guys at nissan will sell u 1 for $49 i believe but its a general 1 so yeah but that link is interesting however i too dont want to pay $90 for it XD

omg wtf

why haven't you guys mention kensei garage???

A+++ work seriously

c-red is where everyone used to go for roy's work

but roy left and started kensei

it's in wangara

they're like

amazing

and know the v35 inside n out

genuine nissan parts

google them

• Like 1

• 5 months later...