SAU Community

Anyone Here Love Fishing?

wilorichie

Hey guys

Went fishing one night out at the gold coast with my brother - We caught a friggen weird fish ahah, dont know what it is.

Was casting out just south of the bridge that heads into the city at the coast.

We only caught one of these weird ass fish -

It was a silvery/grey colour with light goldish shadings in areas. It was in the dark and it sort of looked like the top of its body was greenish.

It was about 40-45cm and weigh maybe 2kg

It had no scales and it was not a catfish... It's skin felt... like normal skin :S

It was slimy as hell

The head was fairly large - It was really ugly.

It made noises when we had it out of the water

I can't think of anything else to describe it - I have put a photo below of the shape I remember it by... Dont trust me drawing haha.

post-50568-1238029084_thumb.png

It was so werid... Anyways... Was just wondering if anyone has seen or know what this fish it - Got me curious.

It was worth the catch becuase we had a good laugh over it for a couple of days.

Hey guys

Went fishing one night out at the gold coast with my brother - We caught a friggen weird fish ahah, dont know what it is.

Was casting out just south of the bridge that heads into the city at the coast.

We only caught one of these weird ass fish -

It was a silvery/grey colour with light goldish shadings in areas. It was in the dark and it sort of looked like the top of its body was greenish.

It was about 40-45cm and weigh maybe 2kg

It had no scales and it was not a catfish... It's skin felt... like normal skin :S

It was slimy as hell

The head was fairly large - It was really ugly.

It made noises when we had it out of the water

I can't think of anything else to describe it - I have put a photo below of the shape I remember it by... Dont trust me drawing haha.

post-50568-1238029084_thumb.png

It was so werid... Anyways... Was just wondering if anyone has seen or know what this fish it - Got me curious.

It was worth the catch becuase we had a good laugh over it for a couple of days.

I believe you caught a tailor my friend. Good catch :D good fighting fish, was it jumping out of the water and trashing about like crazy when you were realing it in? These fisha re great fighting fish, i assume you were either using a heavy mono trace or wire trace as these bite straight through standard line 90% of the time.

Haha ladies ladies..

Actaully my brother said "It's a baby whale" to his girlfriend as a joke and she was "OHHH REALLY.. Thats why its head is so big?"

LOL!

RE: Tailor

Nah mate it wasn't a tailor - This fish had no scales. Tailor usually have quite big scales hehe...

Anyways... After googling for quite some time I came across a nine-msn news page.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=450287

I'm 99% sure that was the thing... It's ashame I didn't take a photo becuase I'm going by what I saw at about 11pm at night with hardly any light haha.

One thing that is strange though.. as it's a 'puffer fish'... But this fish we can't stayed the same size in and out of the water. It was also quite larger than this one in the picture.

Side note: Check out what the toxin's in this fish do to you!!!

"The fish contains a poison known as tetrodotoxin, a neurotoxin which paralyses a person's muscles and for which there is no antidote."