Project 31

NOOBZ

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hr30 is 2dr yes? and dr30 is 4dr?

HR30 is a 4 door at least mine is

also you might not have to upgrade the brakes if it is a HR30 as they came with a l20 et 6 cyl turbo engine

aussie MR30 came with non turbo l24 or l28

i have R30 workshop maual if you ever wan to look through it

sorr it aint for sale lol i need it for my HR30

Edited by gazza750

sweet as gazza that would be awesome as im goin to do somethings with the car on thursday and im planning my first lot off stuff to do with it and yeh that manual would be bloody awesome to look at! If not ill just have to source one out!

Yeh cheers bois with the info on the 30, love the fact that its actually a 30 cos ive got a few parts on the car that are 31 and now i no they interchange with everything easly afta looking at everything that it hasnt been customized makes it even betta!

luke man i have no choice i dont have a lot of money and i wont a turbo setup in it!

This is the best way for me to learn and go for startes!!!

sweet as gazza that would be awesome as im goin to do somethings with the car on thursday and im planning my first lot off stuff to do with it and yeh that manual would be bloody awesome to look at! If not ill just have to source one out!

Yeh cheers bois with the info on the 30, love the fact that its actually a 30 cos ive got a few parts on the car that are 31 and now i no they interchange with everything easly afta looking at everything that it hasnt been customized makes it even betta!

check out this part of the forum http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Cl...ylines-f77.html

lot of info on dr/hr30.

you will find lots of parts can be interchange from r31, if i remember right you can also uses the brakes from a r32/33 if you do a 5 stud conversion.

pretty sure sr20 fit nicely into dr30/hr30

ive done the whole thread on the sr20 conversion it was my first thought but dont have that sort of money for it!

One thing i no of is that i would neva go r32 brakes as i have seen a mate ditch it with stock brakes and a stock engine on his r32 gtst.

And if i was to go brake upgrade with 5 stud conversion id be lookin at the r34s and thatll be min bout 2gs and i dont have that yet so im leavin it as is for now, until i get some real big money behind me

you don't need to go 5 stud for 32/33 brakes, you can get blank rotors drilled to 4x114.3

noobz, you could bin a car with big brembo's, it depends what your doing at the time. 32 brakes will be an improvement over what you have now.

Do the rb20 conversion, they are a cheap engine.

But don't rebuild the rb20 with forged internals and cams etc later on..

Just save up for an rb25 and then sell your rb20 once the 25 is in.

lol yeh bois lol

neways i was actually already thinkin bout the 25 lata but didnt no if it was a good choice between that and the sr20 (i no a guy usin a sr20det in a torana thats runnin 8s)

But yeh i might even later wen i save the money for it upgrade the rear axle to a 34 so i have the brembos and the betta diff and stabelisors!!!

But yeh its gona be atleast a 2 year build to make it perfect and running how we wont it so yeh gona be awesome!!!

It has no engine atm that y if u look at the front pic closely, its raised bout 2"s...

neways triston man if u wont ill pm u the list of stage mods im doin to make it more interesting and show u wont im up to at that time hehehe

do you know what engine the car came with std?

If it was an fj20, i would be looking at putting an sr20 in it or another fj20.

fj20 are bullet proof, if looked after. Not sure if the 20/25 box will fit without modding the tunnel.

what do you plan to do with the car? quick street car? track warrior? dyno queen? drag car? etc etc

well today im going to look at and get pics of the rb20 that ive sourced out, so im gona be gettin that dropped in.

Well i have major things for this, not much of a dyno king, but itll be there.

its gona be build for a quick street car, show car, SPL car, and just a couple runs down the drags just to see portenial times...

But yeh goin bak to see the car today as well as checkin out the engine so expect a few more pics up tonite!!!

cheap power is to turbo a na rb30. $300 motor, $1000 turbo converson, cooler kit $500 way under budget and will eat ANY 20. and last longer.

meh my 2 cents, i have built plenty of turbo 31s with 20s and 30s always had stock brakes with good pads. they are fine.

some people go way over board, unless you are doing stupid speed in busy traffic.

easy option for R30 is toturbo the stock l24e L28e motor <if its aus spec

or just rebuildthe L20ET factory motor < if its jap spec

Edited by gazza750