MeLSki

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Just then I got pulled over the for the first time ever in the GTR since my H.L incident on Marmion St, near Meville Bowls.

Officer comes to the window with a breathalizer,

Officer: Do you know why we pulled you over

Me: 'I dunno. I wasn't speeding...Because you felt like it??' (I was going to say coz I drive a Skyline but meh)

Officer: 'No, because you were revving the shit out of your car'

Me: 'WTF, revving the shit?!' (@ 10:45pm close to residential area)

Officer: 'Well we heard you half way down the street. I think its time for a yellow sticker'

I give officer my licence and he walks off. I get my good ol pen and pad ready to go ape shit on his arse like the cops last time (forgot to bring SD card for camera), however I decided to wait for him to speak first just incase he wasn't a flamin mongrel (though accussing me of something I didn't do already put him in that books pretty much like the Cannington coppers before).

Officer returns with his female partner in toe...

Officer: 'Well it's your lucky day, we have better things to do' (What happend to yellow sticker time? Did it suddenly end? Or is it that maybe in the police records it shows a crazy asian will end up recording you and make you look like an arse on You Tube, ruin your reputation & have the video on head of traffic's Wally Brieley's desk on Monday morning)

Me: 'Well the car is street legal anyway mate'

Officer: 'How am I suppose to know, I'm not a mechanic' (which then leaves the question, how can you yellow sticker a car if you don't know what you're doing)

*Female Officer starts flashing torch at tyres and boost controller display*

Me: Alright, good night.

For those wondering, it seems taking your car to as high as 2,500 rpm equates to 'revving the shit out of your car'. I wasn't speeding or breaking any law what so ever. Would have made a good video if I had remembered my SD card. I think it was the cops lucky day imo.

Look forward to my next encounter :)

• 2 weeks later...
Just then I got pulled over the for the first time ever in the GTR since my H.L incident on Marmion St, near Meville Bowls.

Officer comes to the window with a breathalizer,

Officer: Do you know why we pulled you over

Me: 'I dunno. I wasn't speeding...Because you felt like it??' (I was going to say coz I drive a Skyline but meh)

Officer: 'No, because you were revving the shit out of your car'

Me: 'WTF, revving the shit?!' (@ 10:45pm close to residential area)

Officer: 'Well we heard you half way down the street. I think its time for a yellow sticker'

I give officer my licence and he walks off. I get my good ol pen and pad ready to go ape shit on his arse like the cops last time (forgot to bring SD card for camera), however I decided to wait for him to speak first just incase he wasn't a flamin mongrel (though accussing me of something I didn't do already put him in that books pretty much like the Cannington coppers before).

Officer returns with his female partner in toe...

Officer: 'Well it's your lucky day, we have better things to do' (What happend to yellow sticker time? Did it suddenly end? Or is it that maybe in the police records it shows a crazy asian will end up recording you and make you look like an arse on You Tube, ruin your reputation & have the video on head of traffic's Wally Brieley's desk on Monday morning)

Me: 'Well the car is street legal anyway mate'

Officer: 'How am I suppose to know, I'm not a mechanic' (which then leaves the question, how can you yellow sticker a car if you don't know what you're doing)

*Female Officer starts flashing torch at tyres and boost controller display*

Me: Alright, good night.

For those wondering, it seems taking your car to as high as 2,500 rpm equates to 'revving the shit out of your car'. I wasn't speeding or breaking any law what so ever. Would have made a good video if I had remembered my SD card. I think it was the cops lucky day imo.

Look forward to my next encounter :laugh:

Wish I had these kind of balls.

Guys we need to stop ragging on cops hey, Bubba's right they do need to be educated more and it is frustrating when you get done or yellowed for something you are pretty sure is legal or when you feel it's just an accusation, but no bagging cops out hey.

I mean who's the first person you're going to call when someone smashes your window, steels your deck, trashes your car, or steels your skyline all together? Yeah I reckon that'll be the cops... so don't bring on your own karma :laugh:

Constructive critisism like Bubba's comments are granted. But stupid comments like "cops are sh!t" aren't welcome

I forgot to pay my rego and copped a summons on NYE :laugh:

They weren't traffic cops though so it was all pretty casual. Young pommy copper had me pop the bonnet, went over my permits, had my start the car and rev it a bit to make sure the bov wasn't too loud..

We then proceded to have a chat while we waited for the older cop to get out of his car. We discussed such things as, his dislike for aboriginals, working on the holidays, the spec's of his gun. Was quite amusing.. until I got the summons in the mail yesterday :D

Guys we need to stop ragging on cops hey, Bubba's right they do need to be educated more and it is frustrating when you get done or yellowed for something you are pretty sure is legal or when you feel it's just an accusation, but no bagging cops out hey.

I mean who's the first person you're going to call when someone smashes your window, steels your deck, trashes your car, or steels your skyline all together? Yeah I reckon that'll be the cops... so don't bring on your own karma :P

Constructive critisism like Bubba's comments are granted. But stupid comments like "cops are sh!t" aren't welcome

not to Say your not wrong but in many many many 99% cases everyone does calls the cops BUT (theirs always a but)

What do they do Nothing in 99% cases they dont lift a finger and if they do they come late / sorry not much we can do about it ,We will try to keep a look out! not sure if it the encounter i had but thats what i have to say!

Bubba that sux! You thought you were in the clear didn't you!!! Naughty Boi!!! :sweat: Why didn't you pay your rego? Just forgot? I handed a cop an expired licence and he didn't say anything :) later found my proper one in the glvoe box. Thought that would come up on the check?

Just got forgotten in the Xmas confusion :( It was paid 40mins after they pulled me over.

They pulled me over because they saw the wrong colour sticker! If they were traffic cops they probably would have pulled me over because I was driving a Skyline and then given me a yellow sticker :D

Thanks Dan. I would have done that but for some reason that button doesn't work for me. I can only read forums and hit fast reply. The others don't work ?!

the other night i came off freeway onto burns beach rd booze bus was parked round corner. Now about 20 cars came round corner with me as lights went green i was the only 1 pulled into bus rest where waved through (guess the bright yellow skyline with vented bonnet was to attractive for them)

Cop: Evening sir random breath test

Me: Pretty random that the import is the only car to get pulled in

Cop: Strange the way that happens

(he leans in window looks at APEXi dash to notice 300km speedo)

Cop: So how fast this thing go

Me: Speed limit (come on what did he expect me to say)

Took nearly 5 min to get through bus as 4 cops decided they wanted to check out the car. Seriously they target us all and hassle us mainly cause they want to have a look at the cars or simply they r jealous.

the other night i came off freeway onto burns beach rd booze bus was parked round corner. Now about 20 cars came round corner with me as lights went green i was the only 1 pulled into bus rest where waved through (guess the bright yellow skyline with vented bonnet was to attractive for them)

Cop: Evening sir random breath test

Me: Pretty random that the import is the only car to get pulled in

Cop: Strange the way that happens

(he leans in window looks at APEXi dash to notice 300km speedo)

Cop: So how fast this thing go

Me: Speed limit (come on what did he expect me to say)

Took nearly 5 min to get through bus as 4 cops decided they wanted to check out the car. Seriously they target us all and hassle us mainly cause they want to have a look at the cars or simply they r jealous.

lol dude your attitude wouldnt of helped either

hahah nice replies tho...

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• I'll bite. I no longer own any euro's, but I thought I'd share two of my favorites I owned. My 500hp B5 S4 and my 800HP E55 AMG. Yes I did attempt to drive the E55 in Canadian winters, that lasted all of a month as it was a death trap.   
    • To be fair this is the wife’s car. However, I have been accused of owning more cars than I have pairs of undies. Luckily I change my undies more frequently than the cars.
    • Cheers Lads Looking at changing up a few things maybe go 2.8lt, bigger injectors with more a modern Turbo. Possibly transbrake and convert to E85 with Haltech ECU. Any thoughts on those Mods changes or better ideas? Want to try keep the car Street/Strip While also being weekend drivable still.  
    • The time has come, once again, for us to celebrate all things GTR! Motive DVD's GT-R FESTIVAL for 2024 is fast approaching, and we couldn't be more excited to be part of this awesome event once again! As usual, SAU NSW will be be part of the event, with our traditional club display on the day! If you would like to be part of it, firstly, you'll need to make sure you secure your Display Entry into the show via the below link by Motive Video: https://gtrfestival.com.au/ Other tickets are also available, ie. VIP Entry or Drag Entry, for you to also choose from. Once you have your ticket locked in, make sure to send us a PM via Facebook so we can add you to our list of display cars! When you message us, we will gather some more details from you to make sure we can spot you on the day, and guide you to the right place! If you'd like more information regarding the day, please refer to Motive Video's event page, or, you can get in touch with us and we will help you as best as we can. As always, general details are below: Date: Friday 24th May / Saturday 25th May Location: Sydney Dragway Time: 6.00pm Friday / 9.00am Saturday We look forward to seeing you all on the day! One of the things that really sets our club apart is our commitment to being true enthusiasts. When on normal roads we strive to maintain good relations with the authorities as well as the public in general. When attending one of Skylines Australia NSW events please try to: • Be aware of surrounding environment and act accordingly. • Drive courteously on the state’s roads as a true enthusiast should. • Understand how important it is to maintain the good name of SAUNSW and thus, treat others accordingly. • Any misbehaviour will not be tolerated and you will be asked to leave. Thanks guys and hope to see you there!