SAU Community

What Have You Been Pulled Over For?

MeLSki

well not really a pullover as such.

was goin onto fwy north entry in city. booze bus. so much for random breathtestin. 7 cars went straight through. up goes the sign when i rock up

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dad was driving my car on the way home from buying it. We got stopped for having to number plates up (car doesn't have any, not rego'd). Cop told my dad he didn't look like the kind to be driving this sort of car... Too old, i really Lol'd. Showed the permit and had a laugh and went on home...

Im not from WA but im trolling around as usual, I was riding through Maccas drivethrough on my Giant STP bike and cops saw me and pulled me over on the other side for going through a car specific drive through, not having any reflectors or bell on bike and they said if they catch me with these missing accessories again they will have to ring my parents to come get me lol, I tried to explain that the bike didnt come with em cuz its made for hill riding but they dont seem to understand.

• 1 month later...

been through a few booze buses, only been checked once, i do the 'have the window down with head sticking out waiting for them to test', they look at you, and say 'on your way' been a few times where they have been stopping every car, so I'm just waiting, gets up to me, they let me straight through ???

Pulled up to a booze bus abt 8pm ish on Ocean Reef Rd in the wifes 34 a few months back, they were stopping all cars, traffic builds up, i had 1 small camera mounted to the front of the car and 1 inside (i wonder what i was doing :) ), was sh*ting myself, Skyline will camera mounted on the bonnet, it's just asking for trouble, and if they watched the footage :thumbsup: .

Nothing, just let me go without even testing me ??? they didn't even notice the cameras.

i know my luck will change 1 day

Been pulled over for not keeping left on roe highway peak hour !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

50 dollar fine !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Were u doing the speed limit or under it? If you were doing the limit, could they fine you for that??? :D

• 2 weeks later...

Last saturday I was at a set of traffic lights (I had neons on) and an undercover police car drove through the lights, my mate said they were staring at me so at my friends suggestion i turned them off. I turn at the lights as i was going to and thinking they are long gone I turn my neons back on, it appears the cops did a U-turn and decided to follow me, my mate notices them behind me again so I decide to turn them off, and take the next right (which is where i was going anyway, to get some dinner) and go into the shopping center and into the KFC drive-thru, being a saturday night it's full so the cops just pull up next to me and tell me to park my car.

nothing much, just a warning - not even an RBT. But I found it funny that they pulled up next to me when i was (almost) in the drive-thru :)

i dont know whats worse when your driving when the cops spot u.

the fact u turned ur neons off when u saw them which means ur basically admitting u shouldnt have em on lol

or just leaving em on??

its a tough decision, luckily u had a cop on a good nite by the sounds of it from the stories of other people that have been pulled over lol

or they wanted KFC as well as long as u get away with it is all that matters

• 2 weeks later...

This is a funny one.. !! got pulled over for going arround a T intersection (letting the back end slip out). Out of the coner of my eye i see a FORD TRANSIT POLICE VAN i said f*k you got to be kidding. Then because i was like aww SH1t and i know they all saw decided to do 70 in a 80 zone and for that reason the van caught uo to me and got me.. haha the officer's were top blokes because they eaven gave me a that special leacture. about how this car and thoes P's dont go together and how thy stick out like dogs balls ... they didnt eaven bring up me going sideways.. probs because i would talk my way in to the shit cas i only had my licence for 2 months..

any ways thats my 1st time and last time iv ever been pulled over exept for the rbt;s but there good..

Last saturday I was at a set of traffic lights (I had neons on) and an undercover police car drove through the lights, my mate said they were staring at me so at my friends suggestion i turned them off. I turn at the lights as i was going to and thinking they are long gone I turn my neons back on, it appears the cops did a U-turn and decided to follow me, my mate notices them behind me again so I decide to turn them off, and take the next right (which is where i was going anyway, to get some dinner) and go into the shopping center and into the KFC drive-thru, being a saturday night it's full so the cops just pull up next to me and tell me to park my car.

nothing much, just a warning - not even an RBT. But I found it funny that they pulled up next to me when i was (almost) in the drive-thru :P

i had neons on my old car and i could turn them off adn change brightness etc. i was at my dads in mandurah as i turned left at an intersection cops had been coming down the st. they did a u-turn and put the lights on. they full on checked out my car. i nearly got a yellow sticker and $150 fine because the globe at front was showing. they where like there very bright and were they on the car when you brought it etc. i just acted dumb and got off it but i dont know if leaving them on or turnign them off is the better idea. they are fully legal if the globes aren't showing so i guess it would be fine

had my first experience with the police tonight. drove past them as they were about to let someone else go on the other side of the road. they went to the effort of doing a U turn n pulling infront of someone to chase me down as im cruising home jsut round the corner from my house . usual oh just a random breathe and licence check . havent infromed the dpi that ive changed the colour of the car yet so lucky they were nice guys . helps if your not a smart ass to them i guess.

got pulled over in kingsway picking up a friend,,, i was on waneroo road and this car kept tailing me after i did the u turn to go to maccas cop lights were in my review... asked me what i was doing i said getting some mcdonalds, they replied, u live closer to tuart hill dont lie, i replied my friend lives in madely why would i go back and fouth, the lady cop said what ever and drove off LOL i was quite confused.

My 1st time of getting pulled over.

Happened just today @ 12:30ish, having just finished work, I was going on one of my usual "cruising by myself" cruises down on Kwinana Freeway going at about 100km/h (speed limit), as I was about to take the exit onto Leech highway, I saw the blue red flashes behind me, so I drove & stopped at that middle strip area between the freeway & the exit road.

Was pretty nervous at this point, I thought I was going to get done for speeding. Even though I was only going at ~100km/h, most of the other cars was going at like 90 to 95km/h which made me look fast compared to them. They must have saw the high way patrol car & all slowed down.

Cop took his time getting out from his car & stuff (must be checking my rego # or something), so while he was doing that, I took standard procedure; which was, window down, turned my music off (wasn't really loud to begin with), put emergency light on & got my license out.

Cop came over with his flash light, greeted me & said he pulled me over for a license check.

While I was handing over him my license he said I should have pulled over on the emergency stop lane on the side of the exit road instead of stopping at the middle strip section between the exit road & the free way as its not safe to stop here. I just said yeah, sure & nodded.

While he was looking through my license he saw my work uniform & asked whether I just finished from work, so I said yeah.

Then he notice my C-A restriction on my license & flashed his torch inside the car & saw my auto gear selector & didn't say anything. He walked to the other side of the car & flashed his light to check my 'P' plates & road registration sticker. Finally he came back & just told me its all good & I'm good to go & he walked back to his car.

& I drove off granny style :devil:

In summary the whole checking thing only took about 1/2 min & it was mainly just him flashing his torch & going over standard stuff & me just saying "yeah, sure, ok"

Overall, no complains from me, pretty good 1st time experience. Although I would still like to keep this "getting pulled over" business to a minimal.

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Does the old one line up OK if you try to put it back in? In the 32 (different geometry) it is hard to reinsert the ball joint with the sway bar and spring attached. But ultimately.....this wouldn't be the first aftermarket part that is not right....
    • Yep and yep ! Every time I now take out the R33 I get a lot of thumbs up as well, and my car was also a daily until last year. Still get people coming up and asking about it. A while ago the most memorable being a V8 commodore driver who approached me in the bunnings carpark and asked me why the were so fast and what kind of V8 it had in it. Couldn't resist and told him they were only a straight six the same capacity as the 161 red motor. The look on his face was legendry. However the shine has gone off cause as well as the appreciation there is now a lot of harassment from other drivers in there VW/Nline/Ae86 with body kits or whatever the hell they are, while all I want to do is cruise.( well sort of drive with spirt ) I always try and get the hell away from them by driving slow, putting on my lawn bowling hat and leaning over the steering wheel to look as old fart as possible.
    • There really isn't enough to help remotely....the nav screen likely takes it's visual feed from another unit that is not plugged in properly now (that is how the cima worked at least). Sounds like at least the reverse cam works. It is a possibility the screen is dead of course, minor knock while it was apart. I had to replace the Cima screen because it would not display anything in the morning when below 0.  
    • Yeah, I get that. I try to be as cost-efficient as possible with cars, and typically prefer to buy them at the bottom of their depreciation curve. I was looking at those Bilsteins too as they're roughly in the same price bracket as the BC's - lack of adjustability and being soft put me off, not that I want anything too hard. That's my issue with the Skyline, it's too expensive and it's reflected in my driving. I don't mind going full pelt as long as there's a gravel trap to catch me. Really, proper safety equipment is needed for total confidence. Well this just turned up for the BMW. I'll try and get the front together tomorrow and take some pics of the absolutely horrid rear end; perhaps I'll have a crack at the rear on Wednesday. I need to make the car drivable before the weekend as I'll be driving it over to London.    
    • Hi SAU community  Wondering what my 93 Very RARE TH1 Blue R32 GTR VSpec is worth these days?? Build is fairly dated now All Mods are Compliance Approved  Runs RB26 done only 10000ks Greddy T88 done only 8000ks HKS Cam 1000cc Injectors Full Titanium Exhaust Nismo Intercooler Nismo Oil Cooler HKS Oil sump Tein Super Street Coils Cusco Sway Bars RAYS TE37 19x10.5 DYNO street tune makes around 700hp on 98octane