SAU Community

What Have You Been Pulled Over For?

MeLSki

According to the police i have a pretty long driving record ..... 17 offences or something i can't remember how many the police officer that pulled me over last said.

Just general stuff - there was only once where i think the police officer was unreasonable - i was on my way to Bunbury for a wedding and my mum was in the car there was a cop on the side of the road doing Laser. I was in the Skyline and a Landcruiser passed me and cop let him pass but pulled me over - my mum thought it was obviously a bias towards the type of car i was driving and i gave her such a laugh when i took off after getting my ticket accidentally spraying the officer with gravel that she offered to pay my fine.

As mentioned been pulled over plenty of time and never once got a yellow sticker in the Skyline - paul drives it one night and gets pulled over and they threatened him with the yellow so he pleaded with them not too because i would kill him. LOL

I do think if you are female and turn on the charm you do get away with a bit more than the blokes can ;) i'm most depressed there are more and more females joining the force :D

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ive been pulled over by a police because they just wanted to check out the car..this was when i had a toyota sera. Ive been pulled over many times in it cos they just want to have a look. Lucky they never opened the engine though.

post-54969-1221880393_thumb.jpg

Hey i see that car all the time in curtin

Didnt know it had sissors doors!

Last time i saw it some chick was driving it..

I do think if you are female and turn on the charm you do get away with a bit more than the blokes can :D i'm most depressed there are more and more females joining the force :P

agreed ;)

Hey i see that car all the time in curtin

Didnt know it had sissors doors!

Last time i saw it some chick was driving it..

Yeh, my sis drives it now since i got my zed. Its had a real lucky run considering the modifications done on it. She gets away with it all the time..must be a chick thing ey.

i'll take it on a sau cruise next time

Edited by ZXY

Never being pulled over, my stock car blends in well with the surrounding commodres, fords & camrys... Its like the Cops never notice me at all... which is good I guess ;)

Heres a couple of examples,

1 A couple of months back, I went to JB Hi-Fi in Osborne Park, & I parked right next to a cop car, & while I was getting out, the cop came back, he didn't even notice my car & just opened his boot, took out some paper work & went away again.

2 Was coming back from work after a closing shift ~ midnight on Saturday, on Wanneroo road & there were cops breath testing people, as I approached them, the queue for the breath test line opened up a new space, but instead of directing me to go onto it, the cop with the glow stick thing, gave me the wave to go through & put the commodore behind me onto the queue instead (that car had a bunch of people in it).

*punches dani in the face* ;)

i dropped my gf off at home and driving home on the freeway. wrx drove past me pretty fast so i followed from berragan drv past leach or canning. there was road works so i slowed down and the wrx got behind me, after we past he changed lanes and boosted it off, 5 secs later i see light flashing so i change to the left lane and it follows so i was pretty angry coz i stayed the speed limit and the wrx boosted it off he didnt even slow down when the light were flashing. so the P plater in the 34 gets pulled over and yelled at for about 10 mins. after that the cop just gave me a warning and took off fast.

second time me and my friends were going to freo esplanade and got lost. had my gf, my lil sis and me in one car and my friend in his car. he called me and told me to turn the car around coz he thought he knew where to go. i turn into a street and some guy yells get off the fone, so i reved it and went down the road and did a u turn. next thing i see is 2 guys on the road holding badges and my friend pulling into a carpark. we both got a ticket for being on the phone while driving. the cop came and he started off a bit rude but my gf and little sis talked to him and told him our situation[bit of flirting] so he became nice and told us how to get there and if we got lost to turn around and come back coz they would still be in that area :laughing-smiley-014:

.....just gotta figure what size juggs im after...set like lucy pinder would b hot as.....

"C" FTW...but what ever suits really, their all good...are you coming on the cruise? lol ;)

lol Keith! He even goes "if you don't let the dpi know, police will continue pulling you over, however you are a pleasure to talk to" and winked at me LOL I was like 'uhh...ok...thanks' :laughing-smiley-014:

Harden up and come on the cruise chick. :D

It's time to set my cup down. See you'all tomorrow

Bearing in mind I'm not a bad driver... Here goes.

1: RBT. My mate gets flagged through in his Liberty, I was shitting myself cos I'd had my license for an month and I was scared of cops. Guy looks at my car for a bit and sends me on my way.

2: Pulled over in Malaga at 11:30 at night. Yeah, I understand why, but I wasnt doing anything stupid. No burnouts, speeding, just cruising through with my mate in his car. Breath-tested, car checked out, and asked about "list" on my drivers seat (Map from the Easter Cruise). Let me go

3: This is my favourite, and MARKO_R34GTT can back me up here. For some STUPID reason, I thought it would be cool to try and see how fast my car would go up to. Wound it past 180 before slowing down to 120, then noticed the flashing lights in my mirror. I swore, Marko swore, I said good bye to the car, and then pulled over. Got out and greeted them, before having a nice chat to the detective that got out. He took my details, warned me it was too fast, then send me on my way... I couldnt believe I got off!!

4: Doing 80 in a 60 zone, my friend noticed the cops turning out of a side street, so I slowed down to 55 and went past. As soon as I had gone past the lights their lights came on and pulled me over. The accused me of racing the SSS pulsar next to me (If I was racing, I would have been MUCH further in front!), looked over my car, asked me a heap of questions, couldnt believe my engine bay was so stock, breathalised me, tried the whole good cop/bad cop thing, was half way through writing me a ticket when they asked me why I didnt deserve it. I'm a shocking liar, so I just said that I did deserve it, and that I knew I was speeding. They ripped up the ticket and sent me along... WTF???

5: 60 in a 50 zone. Got the ticket, but was let off for not having P-plates up. They were lying on the parcel shelf though... my bad!! Chick in the passenger seat just glared at me the whole time for some reason.

6: Cop did a U-turn as they saw me entering Wangara at 9:30 at night. I was going in there because one of the guys at work told me about a place that sold cheap air tools and that was the excuse I gave the cop, who still thought I was going to do burnouts! Telling him I was coming back from drift practice didnt help either... The cop in the drivers seat stayed in the car, but yelled at me "Wheres your P's??" very rudely (too important to get out of the car I'm guessing) so I put my P back up (it had fallen down again) before they selt me on my way. Their excuse was "there are a lot of break-ins around here, and you dont want to have any trouble with them"... Not sure why they drove OUT of Wangara after that...

7: This is the latest one. It was about 11pm last wednesday, coming back from my mates 19th. I was annoyed I couldnt drink, I had Tafe early the next morning, and I was really tired. I sat on 140 all the way down until about 5m away from the Ried Hwy turn off someone flashes their high beams at me. Looking in the mirror ready to swear at the arsehole, I notice the flashing lights... I swore at myself. They clocked me at 135 in a 100 zone, which led to a $700 fine and 5 demerit points. This is the one I was talking about in the WA section.

What have I learned?

1: I'm an idiot

2: Don't speed

3: If you dont like being pulled over, stay out of imports and industrial areas at night

4: Show some leg ;)

Moderators: Please modify this post if neccessary.

I've only ever been pulled over once and that was because i didn't pay for my rego on time, so it was my fault. He asked me to pop the bonnet and asked if I had the papers for the mods... I showed him the paper... he actually said "wow, we didn't think you'd have the papers for the modifications" ;)

I think he was just being easy on me though, because I had a service the week after and got told my tyres were in a completely illegal state..

tried the whole good cop/bad cop thing, was half way through writing me a ticket when they asked me why I didnt deserve it. I'm a shocking liar, so I just said that I did deserve it, and that I knew I was speeding. They ripped up the ticket and sent me along... WTF???

Yeah, they did that with me after the 4 cops had me pulled over, The cop was yelling, swearing and spitting. He goes, "why were you driving like a f**king idiot?!?!?!" I didn't want to be a smartarse so I said, "cause I am an idiot" then he changed his tune and goes "Well, you've got a job, your going to tafe, you've got a nice car, you don't seem like an idiot" then let me off...

^^ same here

Ive yet to be pulled over in my R33.

Not sure why tho? But im not complaining! :D

In my previous car (V8 ute) i got pulled over a few times... twice for my 10 000k HID's (They kindly let me off with warnings on both occasions.. and after the second warning i thought i was pushing my luck to much, and changed them to 6000k) and once for going side ways around a corner.

The cop was off duty doing some gardening ! ... he let me off with a warning tho. But he was a mean son of a b*tch,.. swearing his head off, even tho i had a girl in the passenger seat... Not sure if he let me off becuase he was off duty? or cause he had to due to the old hoon laws, where you got a warning the first time you did it...

And now i got two policeman living on my street about two houses away!! haha... one sergeant the other a traffic cop. Lucky they are nice! and told me i had a very clean r33 =)

I got pulled over once for being the only driver with enough balls to overtake a cop car doing 50 in a 70 zone. Didn't get done for anything, but they guy was just driving stupid slow in the left lane, and put the siren on as soon as i went passed in the right.

As far as getting pulled over for having a different paint job tho Mel.. that's not unreasonable. Resprayed cars which haven't updated their rego are possible stolen cars.. most often they won't be, but personally I'd rather cops do their job..

As far as getting pulled over for having a different paint job tho Mel.. that's not unreasonable. Resprayed cars which haven't updated their rego are possible stolen cars.. most often they won't be, but personally I'd rather cops do their job..

so true, really. At least he was cool about it. And I'm a god girl so it's not liek they could've done anything to me. It just spun me out that's all. Funny really, first time i get pulled over is regarding my paint job lol :D

I was pulled over on L's, for going "way too fast for a learner" lol.

I wasn't speeding, I was just accelerating hard lol.

He yelled at mum for having the dog on her lap while she was supposed to be teaching me how to drive lol.

Edit: Oh yeah, and 2 RBT's, 1 on L's and the other on P's. The one on P's was in the zed which smelt like unburnt fuel at the time, so I was shitting myself hoping they didn't have a look at the car lol, would have been stickered for sure, and wouldn't pass the pits easily. The other RBT & the time I was pulled over both happened in the magna. I was just hoping neither of them looked at the tyres on the magna lol.

Edited by s2k12

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• To add to that very useful summary, even in the race/rally r32 gtr I have good quality, new(ish) poly bushes everywhere because that is what rules require, and the handling is excellent. Of course, the car doesn't do many klm but I'd still expect poly bushes to last better in road use than sphericals (especially as I have a couple of klm of dirt road to stuff sphericals up) I would change the front upper arms to spherical if I was allowed to, because the poly bushes flog out often, but otherwise new bushes (and ball joints) and a good alignment can make a world of difference
    • Any chance you can get a Nistune board installed instead and set the speed limit to whatever your tires can handle?
    • Hi all, I need to get this HKS SLD attached to my stock ECU because I've now got the German autobahn and faster European circuits to contend with.  The car is a manual 2dr ER34 with an AT ECU and I've realised the AT ECU has two pins for speed sensor signals: Pin 29: Vehicle speed sensor signal (Vehicle speed sensor 2) Pin *58: Output shaft rotation sensor signal (Vehicle speed sensor 1) - *RB25DET A/T model only Before I go butchering this harness, is anyone sure of which pin is the correct one for signal adjustment? The attached document from HKS indicates pin 29 but I found this situation mentioned in the following thread on a different forum (R34 GTT Auto Trans Speed Cut Problem | Zerotohundred) mentioning pin 58 needing to be altered by member zephuros, albeit it seems to be for an RSM-GP and the info appears to be old.  R34_All_Workshop_Manual-pages-2.pdf R34_All_Workshop_Manual-pages-3.pdf R34_All_Workshop_Manual-pages-1.pdf HKS SLD Vehicle Pin out P59-P70 ER34-pages.pdf
    • Slimline sub on the rear parcel shelf is doable. Pioneer TS-WX140DA is only 70mm high.   
    • People like Johnny Dose Bro might be laughing at my post because I accidentally added 100mm to my numbers. 350-355 is indeed the lower limit. 450 is off-road Skyline spec.