SAU Community

What Have You Been Pulled Over For?

MeLSki

So I was driving back from a friends house last night when I noticed a car tail gating me. I turned onto Wanneroo Rd and the lights went off and I was being pulled over. I absolutely panicked because I've never been pulled over ever!!

Did the usual quick check. Seat belt, check. Lights, check. Wasn't speeding, check. Turn stereo off, check. Anyway the lovely police officer did the usual, asked if I'd been drinking, where I was going etc.

Then he says "the reason we pulled you over is because your car is registered as silver. This is not silver."

He went of to breathalise me (cause of course the colour of my car affects the way I drive/wether I'm drunk or not) and I was all clear. He made some silly jokes about having a nice paint job and that my car was dirty and needed a clean and then went on his way.

I was told that I would get picked on by Police allot, now having a Jap Car and I took it with a grain of salt. Last night I realised they really DO pull you over for ANYTHING?!

So what have you guys been pulled over for that you weren't expecting?!

(PS No Incriminating or Offensive posts and only about being pulled over, not about events the police are unaware of - remember Forums Get Watched!)

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ive been pulled over by a police because they just wanted to check out the car..this was when i had a toyota sera. Ive been pulled over many times in it cos they just want to have a look. Lucky they never opened the engine though.

post-54969-1221880393_thumb.jpg

this one time on the way home from work

i was doing 5kms under the speed limit because i saw the cop way back cutting in and out of lanes to get up behind me

he just felt like a chat so he pulled me over

he had a mustache

yeh get used to it mel haha

LOL..is there some correlation between cops with mustaches pulling over randomly than cops without?

yea, cops can pull you over for no random reason as i have found out many times =.=

Edited by ZXY

First time, torana, I got pulled over cause a guy with the same car was doing burnouts, I copped a bollocking from the Sargent.

Second time, torana, they just pulled me over, breath test, no big deal.

Third time, torana, they heard my exhaust from 2 block away and chased after me. wasn't speeding just in 1st gear. 4 cops in 2 wagons just yelling at me over nothing.

Fourth time torana, I "went through a red light" I didn't, cause I saw the cops there so I was careful not too. Fined, yellow stickered.

Fifth time, work ute, speeding, my fault, fined for speed and not having my p's up.

sixth time n13 pulaar, speeding, they let me of cause the car was a responsible car,

seventh time, pulsar, random bt and searching drugs,

eight time, pulsar, wrong place wrong time, a robbery had taken place near where I was parked, searched and questioned ect,

ninth, was going the wrong way on a small one way street, Warned and lectured.

u thnk import drivers get it bad!!!.... when i had a road bike... oh i miss my gixer easy 11`s stock!!....... i gt pulled nearly every ride and thats just cruising around!!.......these are some of the questions i got...so matey wana dob in a drug dealer??..sorry copper im high of life.....oh yeh this one.. gidday champ do you realise ur boxer shorts are showing when the back of ur shirt blows up,do u think traffic wants to see ur undies..wtf...and yeh this one this is my fav...hello bud just wanted to see if ud stop as most of u little pricks dnt...and if you didnt im sure i woulda got you anyway...yeh right im thinkng in your stock commo..hahaha...

Edited by flake32

:laughing-smiley-014: Hahaha,

u thnk import drivers get it bad!!!.... when i had a road bike... oh i miss my gixer easy 11`s stock!!....... i gt pulled nearly every ride and thats just cruising around!!.......these are some of the questions i got...so matey wana dob in a drug dealer??..sorry copper im high of life.....oh yeh this one.. gidday champ do you realise ur boxer shorts are showing when the back of ur shirt blows up,do u think traffic wants to see ur undies..wtf...and yeh this one this is my fav...hello bud just wanted to see if ud stop as most of u little pricks dnt...and if you didnt im sure i woulda got you anyway...yeh right im thinkng in your stock commo..hahaha...

1 - "Too fast" through a roundabout. At night in a residential area, went through it at 50 but wasn't over the limit. The cop was pretty cool & just warned me to slow down in case some idiot was coming the other way too quickly & then I wouldn't have time to stop, and it would be a hassle for damaging the car. This was about a week after I got my first set of mods, thought I'd get stickered but it was fine.

2 - "Randomly" through Northbridge on a Tuesday night. Was coming from SOR, and at the time where the Kwinana Fwy becomes the Mitchell Fwy there was roadworks, so to get onto the Mitchell you had to go through the tunnel & back the other way. Having never been that way I missed the exit so went through Northbridge. Get to some lights & in the lane to turn right there is about 3/4 cars & a cop car at the back. I was going straight to get to the line at the front, then the lights go green. Take off normally....then I notice the cop car has decided to not turn right & follows me for about 500m before he puts his lights on. Pulled off to the side & they come in behind me. Get out of the car & this short arrogant cop tells me I don't need to, while his partner who looked about 6"6 & 120kg did a couple of laps around my car. They let me go because a few cars had come up behind their car which was still a bit on the road. But chances are if I had of turned into a side street first I would have been stickers because I got nothing but attitude from this first cop, despite me not doing anything wrong or dis-respecting him. I would say this is a typical situation where they love to abuse their powers :D

3- Going down to the local shops to buy some fricking potatoes, about 5:30 in the afternoon. Cops doing speed checks on a road literally 100m from my house, seen them before I'd even turned onto the street & drove on towards them. Obviously not speeding but one of the cops heard some flutter & just as I was passing them he was trying to get my attention to pull over. I'd expecting them to hold up a sign or something so wasn't sure if they wanted me to or not, but I pulled up on someone's lawn & the cop walked down about 50m.

Mentions he just heard my bov (which it wasnt), then asks to have a bit of a look around. Tells me he's giving me a work order for the sound on gear changes, my tyres (which were fine but he said the pits would tell me for sure) & the best of all, my front mount as he said he thinks the suspension springs were cut to fit the piping :) Had to drive back to where his bike was (he had a bike & there were 2 cars just off the street), and they all heard my locked diff but he didn't add that. Gave me 2 weeks to get an inspection...it was that which led to me having to go through the permits process & I had a yellow sticker for 5 months, got it off on my final attempt at about 4pm on a Friday afternoon.

I'd always said if I did something wrong, got pulled over & ended up with a yellow sticker I would take it & deal with it, but to get one just for going to buy some potatoes....for f**ks sake.....

4 - Over in Queensland about 15mins after I'd picked up my car from TNT. Noticed a bit of backfiring going on, took off at some lights in a 60 zone & gave it some shit to about 100 too see if it would do it under full boost & backed off & cruised down. Noticed a black ford behind me & to the right at the lights, but didn't expect it to be an unmarked cop car. It was, and I was expecting to get nailed.

Constable in uniform comes up & asks for my license & why I was just pulled over, gave it to him & can't remember what I said...but probably admitted for taking off a bit quick from the lights. Just then his partner, suit & tie spec detective comes up & goes on about how I must have been doing a lot more than the 70 I said I was doing as they got up to 100 to pull me over, that the road was 60 & talks about how much the fines are for 40k's over in Qld. Pulling out some magic, I mentioned I'd just moved from WA (true), and that a 4-lane road in a non-residential area on the city outskirts would be at least 70 or 80 there so that's why I mentioned I said I was doing about 70.

Didn't admit any wrong, and considering I was living in staff accomodation in Qld I didn't really have an address for managed to get away with a quite stern warning. Was talking to them about getting Qld rego & things like that as he was talking about the fines & where I can find info on getting it, which might have distracted them a bit on what I just did :) But yeah just showed them respect, stayed calm, stuck to my story & was honest with them.

That experience I feel evens out my previous 2 police encounters, got f**ked over when I did nothing at all wrong in either situation & got away with something I deserved punishment for (wouldn't have deserved as much as it would have been, that road should have been 80 minimum which would have put me about 20 over). That's it, and I've had my car for about 3 1/2 years.

on the way home from hockey training all sweaty and gross got pulled into a booze bus they didnt even ask if id been drinking just started straight on the car only thing they could find wrong without holding up major traffic was the number plate on the wrong side ( had just passed an inspection with it there too) so gave me a stern talking to and breath tested me ( took three tries cause of training) and sent me on my way

Got pulled over twice, at the same corner, 5m away from my house.

1st time was due to me going round a round about too fast. 40+Km/hr too fast? Checked over my car, which everything is legal, and i've got paperwork for the mods. They were pretty nice, and gave me a warning on how i should go slower around a round about. There were 3 people in the car, seems like either after lunch, or showing the "newbie" how to pull people over.

2nd time was going at about 50+ on a 60 road. The cop chased me without lights on, tailgated me, and turned on his blinkers. I was like .. WTF? He told me i was going too fast. Again. 50+ on a 60 road. I told him i was going below 60 and he said it can't be, as he had to chase me down at a 100km. In my mind, i was thinking "DUH. If you were going at the same speed i was going, you'd never ever catch up to me." But i was nice, and just declined i was speeding. Next thing he says is, "You're going at almost 60 in a 50 zone." I knew he was finding a reason to give me shit. Oddly enough, after all that crap he said, all he did was walk around the car, check my ride height. Told me something about my wheels being too big, which i had the correct profile tyres on, although just a bit wide, which wouldn't affect my speed. He gave me a breath test, and sent me on my way.

5meters away from my house.

...He made some silly jokes about having a nice paint job and that my car was dirty and needed a clean and then went on his way...

Wow...I'm surprised...a chick gets pulled over by a cop and no defect, no ticket. ..didnt see that coming. Yes that was sarcasm :)

lol mr keets... me thinking of getting a blond wig and maby gettn boobie implants to avoid yellow stickers..........i already can squeeze in to size 8 hipsters so im half way there.....just gotta figure what size juggs im after...set like lucy pinder would b hot as.....

LOL !! Myself, had my car for 10 months and have been pulled over once for a genuine RBT. Policewoman did'nt even look twice at my car, on my way in in 15 seconds. Perks of living in a country town where the V8 utes have it worse than the handful of Skylines.

hang on.. can that idea my coillies are very stiff so theyd probly be hitting me in the face alot and id get pulled ova even more cause i couldnt see where i was going......im going with a set like hally berry...fck id be hott....k il stop it now srry guys xxxx...

Well when i first imported my car, after i got it complied before it got number plates me n my mates took my car for a spin n parked up at a nice park.. cops drive by and notice it doesnt have any plates and pull up, to enquire who the car belonged to, I quickly owned up to it being mine and some fast yes sir no sir's got it down to being able to toe my car home but not before they noticed my friends 180sx with bald tyres and yellowed that

anyway after some more discussion they decide to let me drive home.. with them tailing very closely behind me waiting for me to do something wrong, i swear i have never driven so perfectly in my life, get home and to their amazement they hope out of their car claiming that was the best driving they had seen in their life

anyway thats about where the goodluck with my car ended =P got it road registered got pulled up about 6 times in the first week of driving it which wasnt that often, i swear they must look out for new plates or something and pick on them.. one of the times i got pulled up was a classic by a officer claimin he was watering his garden off duty on a corner and seen me "exiting a round about at high velocity" and was just giving me a friendly warning not to drive like a dick

shortly after that i lost my licence for a fairly long time and have done almost every bolt on mod possible since.. so itll be interesting how things go when i get back on the road, ill have to try out the "yes officer the rb30det with the top mounted gt35R with the 3.5inch exhaust is how this car was produced" line ;)

Wow...I'm surprised...a chick gets pulled over by a cop and no defect, no ticket. ..didnt see that coming. Yes that was sarcasm ;)

lol Keith! He even goes "if you don't let the dpi know, police will continue pulling you over, however you are a pleasure to talk to" and winked at me LOL I was like 'uhh...ok...thanks' :laughing-smiley-014:

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• What's wrong with the OEM filter. They do the job perfectly. As to your actual problems. Stop driving the. Take it to a mechanic. If you actually do have a fuel delivery limitation and you are putting it under load, you could be killing it.
    • Enjoy Japan!  Need someone to carry your bags........??
    • I don't know the answer, but my uneducated guess is this will not work (or, not as you want it to). I would wire the SLD into VSS1, I bet that is what the limiter uses However, I also bet the ECU compares VSS1 and VSS2 and throws and error if they are different. Best suggestion I can make is wire it into VSS1 and see how you go, I guess the error will only appear above 180 when then SLD is active. If it appears at lower speeds put a switch into the SLD earth (or power supply) and only turn it on when you need to go over 180.
    • Hi all, So, looking to do some general maintenance on the car, as it has developed a some slight (related?) problems; Three problems that I think are related. 1999 R34 GTR RB26 - engine will sometimes cut out while left on idle, but will keep going if I keep throttle input. Usually after having driven a while. Its random, somedays wont happen at all, others will happen once or twice in a half hour drive. - Second issue is that while driving, the car will sometimes not be able to get past 3k rpm, no matter how much throttle input I apply. - Lastly, car will sometimes be real laggy climbing through rpm, but if I apply lots of throttle problem will seem to clear and go back to normal. All issues come and go, again somedays no sign of any problem, other days will just be stuttering around for ages.   I think it might be either the fuel system, or maybe the AFM?   Either way, I am going to clean the AFMs, and replace the fuel filter, use some injector cleaner in the next few fill ups, and might look at doing the fuel pump aswell.   Question I have, is filter such as; https://www.efisolutions.com.au/pro-fuel-filter-30-micron-an8-orb-black Fine to replace the normal filter? Their product page says as a prefilter only and not as the main EFI filter, so I'm guessing I would still need the stock one? Can I get an aftermarket one that has AN8 fittings to replace the OEM one? Or is the OEM one just something you have to live with?
    • I say this and there’s a Nistune r34 GTT MT ECU for sale on eBay.de but I need to figure out compatibility between the AT harness and MT ECU - TCS considered. I figure this HKS SLD is a quick bandaid anyhow.