SAU Community

High Flow Turbo Vs Stock Turbo For R-33 Gts-t

hi mate

firist i like to say ur mechanic is an idiot and know jacks**t

i have uploaded pics that u can see the difference between stock and highflow. if u cant tell the difference ur an idiot and should sell ur skyline asap.

post-15174-1239760004_thumb.jpg

post-15174-1239760015_thumb.jpg

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i asked isn't a high flow better and he said no,there's no power difference and all it does is make the turbo sound likes it winding up more.

:laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014:

Awesome mechanic.

also, you turbo charged your VN and say it is faster than your skyline.

well.. 3.8L turbo charged, with I assume some sort of aftermarket management etc, compared to a 2.5L stock car (apart from exhaust).

When you turbo charged your VN, did you use a "new stock skyline turbo"?

I still think it's funny he said "there's no power difference and all it does is make the turbo sound likes it winding up more"

Did he really say this or are you spinning stories.

:laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014:

Awesome mechanic.

also, you turbo charged your VN and say it is faster than your skyline.

well.. 3.8L turbo charged, with I assume some sort of aftermarket management etc, compared to a 2.5L stock car (apart from exhaust).

When you turbo charged your VN, did you use a "new stock skyline turbo"?

I still think it's funny he said "there's no power difference and all it does is make the turbo sound likes it winding up more"

Did he really say this or are you spinning stories.

it was a Garrett GT-30 turbo,FMIC,vortex fuel pump,forged pistons,much better head gasket as the stock ones kept blowing, but no aftermarket management and it ran perfect but if i did get a aftermarket ecu christ knows what i could have done with it,i sold it to a mate and he hasnt had a problem with it at all.

yes he really did say that,i don't lie,fabricate or spin stories.

funny aye! it must be school hoildays again

and WTF is that suppose to mean?

i come on here and tell you what my mech has said to me so that must mean im some school kid on holidays does it?

hi mate

firist i like to say ur mechanic is an idiot and know jacks**t

i have uploaded pics that u can see the difference between stock and highflow. if u can tell the difference ur an idiot and should sell ur skyline asap.

is that meant to be can or cant tell the difference?

He ment can't.

Come on guys lay off him a bit.

thanks,it just shows what wankers guys can be calling me a liar and a school kid all because of what another guy has told me.

im a 24yr old married man with 2 kids and to be put down like that just pisses me right off,thanks a lot guys thanks a lot.

it was a Garrett GT-30 turbo,FMIC,vortex fuel pump,forged pistons,much better head gasket as the stock ones kept blowing, but no aftermarket management and it ran perfect but if i did get a aftermarket ecu christ knows what i could have done with it,i sold it to a mate and he hasnt had a problem with it at all.

yes he really did say that,i don't lie,fabricate or spin stories.

dude

when u write stuff like that poeple are goin to take the piss out of you. hows it goin to go "harder" if it hasnt got aftermarket management unit (ecu) it will be running like a dog. i know this coz when i did all the blot on's to my skyline b4 taking it to the tuner's it ran crap. an excel could beat me.

the reason i said "it must be school hoildays" coz if anyone said to me a stock turbo is better than a highflow i would think they are dumb and if u belive it, you must be dumber which = school kids on hoildays with no time on there hands

... brand new timing belt.

my car is stock except the exhaust system.

my mate not too long ago took of my rocker covers and painted them and noticed the throttle housing was putrid so he cleaned it all and took off the plenum also cause it was dirty and he put it back together and the difference was the car was revving at 1200rpm instead of 850rpm where it normally was.

could that have anything to do with it?

A couple of things:

The timing belt wasn't put on incorrectly with a jumped tooth was it?

Are you saying that it now idles at 1200rpm?

You may have a disconnected line somewhere that is causing the high idle and leaking boost - it is running rough at all?

dude

when u write stuff like that poeple are goin to take the piss out of you. hows it goin to go "harder" if it hasnt got aftermarket management unit (ecu) it will be running like a dog. i know this coz when i did all the blot on's to my skyline b4 taking it to the tuner's it ran crap. an excel could beat me.

the reason i said "it must be school hoildays" coz if anyone said to me a stock turbo is better than a highflow i would think they are dumb and if u belive it, you must be dumber which = school kids on hoildays with no time on there hands

and who are you to say it doesnt go harder?

it didn't run like a dog,the only difference was it was chewing through the fuel and if i put the boost up too much it would start knocking,and it did go harder see when i was young and stupid on my p plates i use to race my mates until i got caught,now you tell me how this is....my stock vn couldn't beat a newer model v6 commodore,i get it modified without after market management and i was beating v8 commodores?

so dont tell me it did not go harder.

you didnt drive the car so you wouldnt know.

i didn't believe him,why do you think im on here asking about it?how am i suppose to know that a high flow would be better for my stock skyline running stock boost?again that's why im on here asking.

people on this topic said it might cause more lag if i put it on cause im running standared boost.

thats why im on here to find out which would be better for my car,theres no point of getting a high flow if its gonna cause more lag unless i wind my boost up in which i have no intention of doing.

Edited by blitz r33

man

my push bike could beat the new v8 commodores.

okay put the differences aisde mate

about ur skyline sounds like u have a boost leak which makes it loose power. check all piping vacume hoses. best way to check put it on the dyno it will cost u $80 for a power run and they will check ur boost presure and AFR

man

okay put the differences aisde mate

about ur skyline sounds like u have a boost leak which makes it loose power. check all piping vacume hoses. best way to check put it on the dyno it will cost u $80 for a power run and they will check ur boost presure and AFR

thanks for the info,i will book it in for a dyno,the closet one is in coffs harbour:coffs dyno & tuning but they charge around $200.

man

I take it you've never been in a 6L or 6.2L? Considering the VE SS's do mid 13s standard.

Back on topic though, definetely go chuck it on a dyno. Worth the dollars to get it checked and find an issue if there is one.

• 10 months later...

Hey guys, interesting to see the photos comparing the stock and hiflow turbo. i bought my s2 r33 a couple of years ago now, the previous owner had told me the turbo had t3/t4 internals though i didn't really take him seriously as the rest of the car was dead stock. i decided to pull off my dump after reading this thread, you can see what it looks like yourself. the wheel looks like it sits somewhere in size between the stock and the hiflow, so it may well have been upgraded. also, i did get out a mag wand, and the turbine wheel itself does not seem to be steel (only housing attracts the magnet). does this mean i have a ceramic wheel? so is this stock or has it been upgraded? also i see that zilr's turbine housing has 21U and mine has OP6 stamped on them, what do these numbers mean?

post-41565-1267518916_thumb.jpg

cheers, Daniel

Edited by daniel23a

The OP6 housing is bigger than the 21U housing. Appears to be a highflow since it has 11 blades where as normally they have 9.

Edited by PM-R33

could be a garrett CHRA, inconel rear wheel if ur lucky :D

F1 exhausts are made from that metal, glow on idle and translucent at redline :down:

hmmm, maybe i need to do some further investigation... what other signs should i be looking for that it has been hiflowed? how can i determine if it is inconel?

tony -thought the stock impellors were stainless anyway? cheers