SAU Community

Bolt In Roll Cage's

Stock GTR

I've been trying to find a bolt in cage to suit my 33 GTR. I'm wondering if anyone distributes them in Melbourne. I would prefur to buy in melb just in case there are any fitment issues.

Does anyone know of cusco distributers etc that could source a cage?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Warren

I've been trying to find a bolt in cage to suit my 33 GTR. I'm wondering if anyone distributes them in Melbourne. I would prefur to buy in melb just in case there are any fitment issues.

Does anyone know of cusco distributers etc that could source a cage?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Warren

Don't know about Melbourne, but there is bond roll bars in Sydney that make kits up either bolt or weld in.

Bond Roll Bars

Thanks. I might give meridian a call.

I'd prefer to stick to a bolt in for reasons of resale value. Also easier to remove if I get hassled by the cops. I only wan't it for the track, but I guess an engineering certificate will be ineviatable.

Can you recommend some workshops fit for the job? SE suburbs.

Brown Davis and Merridian are both E or SE arent they? And both should know how to make em legal and be able to point you in the direction of someone for a cert... i think a ADR legal 6point cage for my datto was gonna be 2k or so, was a while ago tho

Not all cages are legal - they need to be built to a list of specifications more than just 'block the doors' and bars affecting windscreen...

The diagrams and the other stuff in the PDF explain all of that.

I have a half cage in my R32. It was done by Brown Davis in bayswater for about 1k.

It can be removed by just taking the front seats out. They give you all the paperwork for CAMS and ADR stuff. The catch is that you need to register it as a 2 seater for it to be road legal. Not hard to do but if you re-register it as a 4 or 5 seater after that then it has to have an engineers cert even if you only put the stock belts etc back in.

I've left mine as is for now though.

i think the cusco 6 point saftey 21 cage is alrite. it is a bolt in, + i dun think that u have to re-register the car as a 2 seater because the rear two could still be accessed. i am gettin one for myself. :)

I wouldn't get a jap built cage if I were you. Technically they can't pass CAMS scrutineering, due to the bars being too thin, aswell as too many bends.

My cage was built by Brown Davis, and I am very happy with it.

I have a half cage in my R32. It was done by Brown Davis in bayswater for about 1k.

It can be removed by just taking the front seats out. They give you all the paperwork for CAMS and ADR stuff. The catch is that you need to register it as a 2 seater for it to be road legal. Not hard to do but if you re-register it as a 4 or 5 seater after that then it has to have an engineers cert even if you only put the stock belts etc back in.

I've left mine as is for now though.

Any pics Russ, similar to mine?

I wouldn't get a jap built cage if I were you. Technically they can't pass CAMS scrutineering, due to the bars being too thin, aswell as too many bends.

Agreed re: Jap cages - none of them meet any AUS requirements.

If they don't - you gotta wonder why... if its a safety issue then stands to reason to pick a AUS made one to AUS specs (which are tighter than japs)

Too true, but it's funny that a Cusco Safety 21 is not CAMS approved but it is ANDRA approved.

Brown Davis did my cage for the 34, can't fault it.

I recently got a bolt in half cage put in my GT-R by Meridian Motorsport, did a top job, wasn't cheap, but the quality/finish is A+

Couple of pics:

dsc09927c.jpg

dsc09926rjg.jpg

dsc09925.jpg