SAU Community

M35: Emanage Ultimate

zei20l

lol yehhhhmellow.gif

i liked it, mine doesnt feel to jittery

yeh it doesnt do anything.. but i figured out full time RWD read the attesa thread.

yeah i saw that

i'd jack the car up all round (a la hover stagea) and see if the fronts are turning at all

this will tell you if its taking all the pressure out of the transfer case

• 2 months later...

we need to change the title of this thread to "fixed the slow takeoff issue!" haha :)

so on a normal car like mine.. and someone who isnt really interested in stalling it up are there any gains from this mod if you just like to nail it off the line?

we need to change the title of this thread to "fixed the slow takeoff issue!" haha :)

so on a normal car like mine.. and someone who isnt really interested in stalling it up are there any gains from this mod if you just like to nail it off the line?

Short answer, YES !

Edit: OK, see Aaron's answer above for a slightly longer version :)

Edited by Commsman

Short answer, YES !

Edit: OK, see Aaron's answer above for a slightly longer version :)

an even longer version is this

after a couple of hundred Km of driving, you'll notice your boost will drop, and perhaps other stuff.

you can get around it by putting in a momentary switch in line, press the switch, tap the brake, and your off again.

similar to what leons done!

I tuned in this "limp" styled mode, and its heaps better lol

an even longer version is this

after a couple of hundred Km of driving, you'll notice your boost will drop, and perhaps other stuff.

you can get around it by putting in a momentary switch in line, press the switch, tap the brake, and your off again.

similar to what leons done!

I tuned in this "limp" styled mode, and its heaps better lol

Should I even bother with this? Did you and Scott put a switch in?

nah dont worry about a switch with the emanage. just go for another tune once you notice the weird limp mode. or when you next mod something.

i dont think scott put a switch in yours, i we definitely didnt in ours.

hmm.. so there is some sort of limp mode enacted? thats odd.. i might just solder on some connectors so i can rejoin it if required.. the ECU is mounted vertically on the wall of the chasis by the passengers feet isnt it?

hmm.. so there is some sort of limp mode enacted? thats odd.. i might just solder on some connectors so i can rejoin it if required.. the ECU is mounted vertically on the wall of the chasis by the passengers feet isnt it?

yup. just infront of, not to the side. the one to the side is the Trans ecu

while we are on the topic of emanages.. do you have to run the ultimate on the m35? is the factory tune aggressive at all or very safe? considering i run LLPG injection and an exhaust i am trying to work out if its worth my time putting one in..

how hard is the install and tune?

the only other mod i am interested in is high flowing the turbo when and if it dies :)

appreciate your help.

while we are on the topic of emanages.. do you have to run the ultimate on the m35? is the factory tune aggressive at all or very safe? considering i run LLPG injection and an exhaust i am trying to work out if its worth my time putting one in..

how hard is the install and tune?

the only other mod i am interested in is high flowing the turbo when and if it dies :)

appreciate your help.

hmm, if your car is running fine now on LLPG, and your car is fairly stock, I wouldn't recommend going Emanage.

My car was running pretty good on LPG after the conversion but after installing Emanage and getting it tuned the changeover process turned to shit.

This is not the tuner's or the Emanage's fault. I think the LPG system is tuned to run fairly rich to start with to eliminate any fuel feed issues.

However once the emanage is in and the car is tuned and the mixtures are leaned out, that's when issues starts to happen.

Pretty much everytime I start my car, and the gas kicks in the engine would stall or suffer from fuel starvation (engine is barely turning over and even if you floor the pedal it won't rev at all, the AFR goes out the roof). This issue occurs almost 100% on hot days and after you've driven you car for a while (i.e. the engine is hot).

However, on very cold mornings the car usually kicks over to gas perfectly. Which leads me to believe that due to the nature of LiLPG, its most likely that my feed issues are stemming from the fuel evaporating in the fuel lines?

Anyway, I've discussed this with Seaview Gas Conversion - the same mob that did our cars. They asked me to go visit APS performance (across the road) and get the car on a dyno so they can do some checks. I'll also be asking them to fit in the biggest f**king fuel jets available as my current ones are restricting me to 250awkw....(even less as when I had the car retuned last month Cihan said the AFRs are all over the place and couldn't tune it safely over 5k rpm).

Edited by ironpaw

hmm interesting.. let me know how you go on the dyno.

my car is kind of the other way round.. on cold mornings less than approx 7c on cutover it will almost stall and sometimes does.. on hot days cutover is much better and pretty much seamless.

i took it to the snow a month ago and to avoid the issue i simply manually cut back to fuel before stopping the car.. then drove it for about 5 mins before manual cutting back to LPG..

All in all i am very happy with the LiLPG car goes real well only criticisms is i only get about 230-250's per tank (all traffic) and i get a gas smell when i use the heater.. (need to take it back and find the leak).

But all this aside i want some more grunt!! bleed valve is coming going to set to 1bar so that might tie me over for a bit :)

Edited by Sage222

hmm interesting.. let me know how you go on the dyno.

my car is kind of the other way round.. on cold mornings less than approx 7c on cutover it will almost stall and sometimes does.. on hot days cutover is much better and pretty much seamless.

i took it to the snow a month ago and to avoid the issue i simply manually cut back to fuel before stopping the car.. then drove it for about 5 mins before manual cutting back to LPG..

All in all i am very happy with the LiLPG car goes real well only criticisms is i only get about 230-250's per tank (all traffic) and i get a gas smell when i use the heater.. (need to take it back and find the leak).

But all this aside i want some more grunt!! bleed valve is coming going to set to 1bar so that might tie me over for a bit :)

I get the same issues, except I barely get 200km out of a tank. 230-250 is pretty good LOL....

And yes I'm getting the gas smell when I use the heater...wtf??? coincidence!??!

gotta be a minor leak in the engine bay.. gonna get out the suds this weekend :) (spray some soapy water on the fittings while the engine is running and you will get bubbles if its leaking).

I actually get 14L per 100 on the freeway! wrapped about that.. though urban is shite!

Though filling up at 51c per litre i cant complain!

Edited by Sage222