SAU Community

Aftermarket Electronic Throttle Controller

All an electronic controller does is intercept the signal from the throttle pedal, and amplify it going into the ECU (or whatever electronics controls the butterfly). You could do the same thing just by pressing the gas harder. It will simulate better initial response.

I've heard a lot of scuttlebutt that says that the VQ35DE ECU closes the butterfly at higher RPM, regardless of pedal position. If these controllers can fool the butterfly into staying WOT all the way to the limiter, then they're definitely worth it. Every retailer I've asked so far has been unable to answer this for me.

If you're in Sydney and you want to give it a go, give AAI Motorsports a call. They're the official importers of Buddy Club, and they're offering an obligation free "try before you buy" test of their unit.

e_ETB_page_01.jpg

Attention all owners of cars with drive-by-wire systems. This little gadget aims to remove the laggy throttle response.

Simple Installation: Only takes less then 10 minutes install to virtually any car and 100% reversible.

NO CUTTING – NO DRILLING

TRY BEFORE YOU BUY

We're so confident that you will feel a difference, so call us on 02-9643-5111 to arrange an obligation free test fit on your car.

It lacks the fancy LED of the Pivot unit, but it's adjustable and does the same thing.

I hear that it works by you pressing 20% down on the peddle and it does 30% more so it "feels" like your zipping around.

But thats just what i hear don't know if its true

thats not entirely true. if you full throttle it from a standing start, the ecu doesnt open the throttle all the way. its programmed to be A. gentle to save gearboxes blah blah and B. to give 'maximum' torque all the way through the rev range by not having it at WOT when you floor it and C. for emissions. this device will open the throttle wider than the ECU is programmed to do.

From what I have read on the Sprint Booster it is very different to the Buddy and the Pivot mentioned on this thread. The Sprint is only a single unit plugged in line with no other Black box (no idea what happens in them) fitted as part of the system.

thats not entirely true. if you full throttle it from a standing start, the ecu doesnt open the throttle all the way. its programmed to be A. gentle to save gearboxes blah blah and B. to give 'maximum' torque all the way through the rev range by not having it at WOT when you floor it and C. for emissions. this device will open the throttle wider than the ECU is programmed to do.

OK, if it opens the throttle more than otherwise possible it could perhaps be worthwhile.

Sorry, but the buddyclub looks like it works exactly like the sprint booster.

FYI, the sprint booster when sold about 3-4 years ago for my cousin's GTi also had a "try before you buy" promotion, because participants are easily convinced that their car seems to have much improved throttle response, akin to installing a much lighter crank pulley or something.

But anyway this buddyclub throttle reponse box looks like the throttle response can turned on and off and can be adjusted to your liking, so it seems much better buy than the sprint booster. How much is it going for? A sprint booster used to be sold for $400 for almost any e-throttle car.