SAU Community

Tokyo Auto Salon 2010 Not 2011...

Angus Smart

Wondering if anyone is going over for this? is there another thread? what are the dates and the like??

it seems jetstar is good for trips? are they worth it? or better off flying someone who will get there..

2000 return for 2 adults seems ok.

Jebus Andrew, 2011? You sure it's not 2010 your looking at. If not that's some long range planning there sir. Hopefully it will be in January again so I can combine some snowboarding. I'll probably go.

^ PM Ash or Richard I guess.

If its 2010 I could be up for it...especially if its snowing in Hakuba, although it was mostly R35s on display at TAS last year. I'd have to budget though...cost me a wack last time and all I brought home was t-shirts and souvenirs. Have you thought about the Nismo Festival instead?

You should hit Hokkaido Mr Keets...

you can pick up tickets thru Skymark for 9000 yen Haneda to Chitose/sapporo..then bus to Niseko..

I have a place up there I could do for cheap plus beers..doesnt come with candy but!!

meh. TAS is ok. worth doing once I guess. but I'm way over it these days. it's no where near as good as it used to be. and there are heaps better car related events to do and see in japan. and thankfully plenty that aren't on in the peak of winter! (unless you want to go boarding in which case it's perfect).

so yeah, I won't be doing TAS, nothing really special on the horizon for it to make me want to go. unless they are putting the 32 GTR back in production with a rear AWD transaxle with 6 speed DSG and a 3.5 litre triple turbo RB26 that revs to 12,000rpm. are they?

What date it the nismo Festival usually on? i'm not that keen on Tas, would rather just go for the snow, and Mark your offer sounds good :)

But i neeeds the candy!!

i shall see how i go for the next few months with money

I will be possibly be attending TAS2010.

Will there be any other possible motorsport events around this time around the Tokyo vincinity?

interested in Nismo festival aswell.

Is there some sort of motorsport calendar?

Thanks

meh. TAS is ok. worth doing once I guess. but I'm way over it these days. it's no where near as good as it used to be. and there are heaps better car related events to do and see in japan. and thankfully plenty that aren't on in the peak of winter! (unless you want to go boarding in which case it's perfect).

so yeah, I won't be doing TAS, nothing really special on the horizon for it to make me want to go. unless they are putting the 32 GTR back in production with a rear AWD transaxle with 6 speed DSG and a 3.5 litre triple turbo RB26 that revs to 12,000rpm. are they?

Welllllllllllll.

http://www.e-autosalon.net/tokyo/for_press/teaser/index.php

Stranger things have happened though.

Its the next illogical step so some would argue its the most logical step.

Transaxel Pre-35 GTR with 1200hp from an RB26, isn't really that hard to imagine.

lol Dr. Evil-rolled

We will have to wait a while for the dates on the Nismo Festival. Probably August before we hear anything. As for snow, if it is at the end of November we'd be lucky. A couple of weeks into December would be good.

• 1 month later...

You definitely don't want to combine snow and Nismo Fest... That's what it was like in 2005. It really sucked cos all these special cars were just sent on parade laps, and some didn't even come out of the garage (things like the open top Grand Prix cars of the '60's). And of course, no smoke or high speeds for the drift exhibition match. :pirate: But anyway it was an incredible experience. And thanks to the chaps of R31 House who drove us there and back.

• 4 weeks later...