SAU Community

My R34 Gtr Front End Stagea Build Thread

darrinspencer

Ouch... More delays, huh? :starwars:

Oh, I'm seeing Falcons in that Breeze colour everywhere now!

+1

Had a mate roll up in his XR6t yesterday... couldn't help but think "Yup. An R34 front-ended C34 will look ace in that colour"

ah that sucks to hear mate, there are no doubt places that rent out booths to use over your way? i know there are some over here

There is only 2 hire booths in Brisbane. $90-100 per hour plus bake time. So by the time you roll in, mask up and paint and bake it is around 4-5 hours :( Plus the painters cost

Worked on the car all weekend, meet with the painter/mate yesterday arvo everything was planned to paint it today. Get a text this morning at 6.20am, sorry mate can not do. I was furious :)

Spoke with my brother in law today who is a panel beater. His painter is going to do it this Sunday for $200. He sounds cheap, but he painted a mustang recently which got voted Australia's best. So it should could up great if my prep work is any good. Fingers crossed. :)

Fitted new sydneykids bilsteins today. The rear can only go to 340mm, they hit the tyres. Have 5 more grooves to go. The fronts have a few more grooves to go but the bottom platform hits the suspension arms, even after putting a 4mm deep groove in the bottom spring platform.

Should just leave the boody thing standard!!

Looking at new wheels. I am a bit over the R34 rims

Maybe these in 19x8.5 or 19x9's

These are 3 peice that way I can play around with offsets and not have to use spacers on the front.

With the R34 front being wider, I need to run approx 20mm wider offset than the rears to fill the guards.

With a type A or B disk upfront and C disk on the rear, should be able to keep the same dish F & R

Was thinking gold Rays GT-c's but the price is up around $4500 for rims :P

post-14923-1249356348_thumb.jpg

they were on EBAY for a while, just checked, not there anymore.

i reckon they some nice set of rims.

LOL?!?

they would NEVER fit

18x8+52? :happy:

not to mention they are 5x100 ad stags are 5x114.3 :)

^^^ i do love the look of black wheels but am of the opinion that if you are going to spend the big dollars on gorgeous wheels (the 2 option you posted are prime examples) why would you want to hide them by blacking them out?

^^^ i do love the look of black wheels but am of the opinion that if you are going to spend the big dollars on gorgeous wheels (the 2 option you posted are prime examples) why would you want to hide them by blacking them out?

I agree!

If we were all made of money, how about Volk RE30's or CE28N's? Those would be my two picks.

because im into the tough look over the showy look personally, just my personal taste :laugh: The old hi octane r32 gtr is a classic example of how cool black te37s do look :whistling: and lmgt4s have to be black to look good :domokun:

advan rs are one of my favourites too

I am a lover of 2/3 peice rims. Does not matter too much on center colour, but need the polished rim whit as much dish as possible.

That is why I am looking at modular wheels so I can get my offsets right.

I think most have seen my previous R33, ford blueprint with gold rims. plus 15 years ago ta22 celica in ford everglad green with gold B45's in a massive 15x6 with 195 tyres. That was huge back then LOL

Would also like a set of Duluck six spokes, but they have stopped making them

post-14923-1249425474.jpg