SAU Community

Nitto Oil Pump (rb26dett)

so once every one is done arguying are u saying that the nitto is a viable option for a street and occasional track car??

Any pump is - N1, Nitto, Tomei - whatever.

Just comes back to your budget in most instances and how you are going to treat it.

anyone care to expand on the technical superiority this product has over the others Jim is referring to above?

Not just sales lines talking about a million hours of development and new fandangled technology. Any hard facts? Any Test Cases? Anything?

cheers

Michael

I read somewhere that the gears in the Nitto pumps are sourced from germany... not that that necessarily means much, but they do have a good reputation when it comes to engineering.

OK guys. Let's set the record strait for all the TRENTs out there:

1: The NITTO RB series oil pump is not owned by CRD. CRD has been involved with the testing and development of NITTO's products for a number of years now including the NITTO RB series oil pump. The pump housing is based on a proven design and is obviously going to look similar to other pumps on the market as they are all designed to be installed on the RB engine. Where NITTO went a lot further than the basic mass produced pumps eg: N1, Greddy, Jun etc is that they spent 1000's of hours redesigning and developing the oil pump gears to cure the high rate of existing oil pump gear failure that is still evident with other brands.

Guys, you have to understand that "the wheel" so to speak has already been invented. What NITTO has done has further developed the RB pump with more up to date materials which are far superior in strength and durability.

2: As to the manufactures of the Jun and Greddy RB oil pumps, the extreme similarities in both pumps would strongly suggest they come out of the same mass producing factory????

3: As for getting kicked out of Greddy that would have to be the joke of the week as I personally have made it known in our industry that I pulled out at the time that Greddy Oceania was set up. All I will say without slandering anybody on a forum is which is the worst form of self disrespect anybody can do is to say that we had differences of opinions.

End of story.

Regards Jim Souvas

Tech Engineer

CRD

PS: Hi Trent! Havn't seen you since Tokyo Autosalon 2008. Give us call if you're ever up in Sydney. Cheers!

Will do Jim, i need another night out :D

i probably should have picked my words better and i appologise but the edit button does'nt work after an hour or so and after re-reading i knew i was gonna cop it.... My point was supposed to highlight the last thing i posted.... similar pump but cheaper.. cant be a bad thing? Not that CRD got "Kicked" from the network.

i will eat my words. :)

anyone care to expand on the technical superiority this product has over the others Jim is referring to above?

Not just sales lines talking about a million hours of development and new fandangled technology. Any hard facts? Any Test Cases? Anything?

cheers

Michael

sounds to me the only difference is a change in material selection.

after testing a few gears its not hard to see how that change was soo easy :)