SAU Community

Gtr Twin Plate Clutches

Nismo Twin plates have a sprung centre dont they?

Sure do Nismo Copper mix seem to be the Flag ship clutch thats out there and available for GTRs etc

They all say same pedal feel same behaviour as standard and can launche up to 740ps (what about 500kw i guess)

engines all day every day and last for ages also So at around $2500 seems to be a awesome option

Some actually say the pedal feel may be a touch too light , can anyone comment on this?

A side note any one use a STRCD OSGiken Aluminium hat these dont seem to have dampened clutches

any comments on this as i believe all clutch must be dampened for the street Solids for track racing???

Cheers peoples

It does feel a little light, essentially like the standard clutch but I don't really see that as a problem, guess it's all up to the driver. You live in Adelaide, drop me a PM, we can meet up and you can take mine for a spin if you really like :)

im using the same...NPC billet is the mother of all clutches...properly set-up to each cars requirements is the way to go when buying a clutch. Im not a fan of out of the box, one size fits all clutches. Even a properly set-up custom single plate will out perform most of the multi plate off the shelf offerings.

Do you use 5 puck carbotic discs or cushioned ceramic discs ?

My friends GTR went from a single plate organic face (fine for the power it had) to a Nismo Coppermix II i think. Its not really a clutch thats friendly to drive day in day out IMO.

It bites like a bitch. As usual you learn how to drive them, but when I get in it, i find myself concentrating very hard just to get it off the mark without spinning or nearly stalling.

It does feel a little light, essentially like the standard clutch but I don't really see that as a problem, guess it's all up to the driver. You live in Adelaide, drop me a PM, we can meet up and you can take mine for a spin if you really like :worship:

a little my foot went through the floor the first push i gave it :( its even lighter than my econobox pulsars clutch.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
I run a Competition Steel Hatted Os Giken Twin Plate in my R32 GTR TS2CD

Heavier on the pedal than most about a 7 out of 10

Plate rattle is quiet in comparison 3 out of 10

Clutch Grab is a positive and awesome 10 out of 10

pedal feel is excellent and driveable in traffic 6 out of 10

replacement plates (rebuild kits) 5 out of 10 (cost bit over half of new clutch)

Durability of Clutch 10 out of 10 (this clutch has seen, im sure over 1000 launches)

Tell us a bit about yours so others can determine what they would like to buy in the future

My hope is to work out whether to rebuild my clutch or go new

Thanks everyone in Advance :P

Finally Installed the Nismo Supper Copper Mix Twin Plate Clutch

In A Word SHIT!!!

Stupid thing Shudders like a bitch when cold , not super light like standard and feels generally horrible

has turned a sweet driving GTR in a horrible bouncing mobile and this is far from the reports on this clutch

If i does not improve it goes in the bin !!!

Plus it smells horrible when you work it hard

Far from happy with what was suppose to be a standard feeling high horse power clutch

Any Comments , positive helpful ones please?!?!?!

A few months in, I love the way my ORC operates. It's noisy and a touch grabby, but it's light and the generally feel is great. I drive the car everyday.

However, I think something is wrong with the installation. Gears are significantly harder to select than they should be and the throw outbearing has started whining loudly. The louder it whined as time went on, the easier gears got to select - it's peaked now though, been the same for a while. It's still very sticky selecting from neutral when stopped.

People have speculated that it wasn't installed correctly or that the throw used isn't correct. I'm hesitant to spend the cash to do it as the workshop that did it swore they did it correctly (cost me just under $1k in labour) - and twice - trying two different throw outs, instead saying that the clutch is faulty.

Further to my original comments i have been giving the clutch quite a bit of a work out and im feeling a lot more positive about this clutch it seems as if its running it self in so to speak something i would not have thought it would do

Nevertheless i will keep people informed on the progress and maybe just maybe we will see the standard like clutch

people have decsiribed the Nismo SupperCoppermix as being

Cheers SIR032

Currently running a Carbon twin plate clutch which is lightweight to engage, good feel and offers a better bite. Not sure on the brand as it was in the car when purchased (if memory serves me well he stated it was a HKS unit but I'm unsure).

Audible rattle noise when engaged but thats part of its character which I dont mind at all!

Good luck with it.

Hey guys going to be purchasing a new clutch for my 33r vspec in the next few days, from you experience which clutch would be preferrable.

OS Giken STR2C for $2257 off greenline

ORC 559 Series - Twin Plate Clutch - 550ps for $1835

Any feedback would be appreciated as i intend to purchase soon and have had no multiplate clutch experience :S

Cheers in advance

ash

Alright peoples !!!!!!!!!!!!

Further to my using the NISMO SUPPERCOPPERMIX TWIN PLATE CLUTCH in my R32 GTR more and more

I have Jumped to conclusions WAY too early and have to write the the clutch has considerably settled in

i No longer have bad shutter! and at low or high RPM the clutch will grab hard

and is very much exhibiting Standard like feel with awesome Grab at any throttle position and RPM range

this clutch took a reasonable amount of "RUNNING IN " to begin to become quite at home in the Daily Driven GTR

I will give my conclusion to this clutch once a full Launch and heavy hills run has been Completed

Thanks for Reading peoples?!?!?!?!?

• 3 weeks later...

Sure can $2600 RRP

I Paid $2200 from believe it or not AUTOBAHN

I installed the clutch myself in the garage on the floor

Its my tenth GTR clutch change including mates GTRs of course

and $100 in Castrol Syntrans

Easy ass really well its a bit of work crawling in the floor etc

but Rather do myself and take my time then pay $500 to a mechanic, who usually Stuffs things up !!!

:laugh:

UPDATE : is still a little shutter and does smell a bit if you get a launch wrong

But so far Launching Hard as no mercy for the Drive Train

Really Positive , starting to allow a little slip to take Harshness out of a Launch

Update soon on the progress from a hills run