SAU Community

Done Deal on Black R32 Gts-t?

Hey All,

Im new to the forums and i just wanted introduce myself

and to ask a question about the Skyline i am buying in about two weeks.

Okay here are the specs:

JULY 1993 R32 SKYLINE GTS-TURBO,METALLIC BLACK

68950 KMS,5 SPEED, POWER WINDOWS ,POWER STEERING,ELECTRIC MIRRORS

CLIMATE CONTROL AIR CONDITIONING,CD AND CASSETTE ,LIMITED SLIP DIFFERENTIAL,

HICAS 4 WHEEL STEERING,16" ENKEI ALLOY WHEELS,TURBO TIMER,HKS STRUT BARS (FRONT

AND REAR ) SPORTS EXHAUST SYSTEM. 2 YEARS WARRANTY, 6 MONTHS REGO.

$19000

Do you guys think this R32 would be a good buy ? the main thing that appeals to me is that its pretty much stock which is what i want (which may seem odd to some or ... all) and also the dealer warranty.

Thanks very much.

Looks ok from the pics (but that doesn't indicate much).

I think the price is abit high, and dealers from what ive seen usually buy the cheapest skylines (eg ****ed) then sell. The clock...I dunno, it very well could be true, but personally i wouldt beleive it.

On the other hand, I have my R32 for sale, and getting it sprayed hopefully this weekend. Mine has *alot* more to it, and abit cheaper if you're in syd and want further info PM me :)

well these days you can get R33 with that price.

I think you should get a good R32 for a lot less if you shop around. But again, if it's an originally stock R32 (not something that has been modified then put back to stock by dealer) then good chance that the engine will still be in top condition. It'll be a good base to mod it up slowly by yourself, or keep it stock and maintain its originality for car collection purpose.

I see where you are coming from Brody, I am having an NRMA inspection on it next week so thier sure to pick up something on it if it did turn out to be dodgy... but if their report comes out good i should be cheering shouldnt i ? :)

rs73 i was looking at R33's for a while, but i just feel that they are too big for me at the moment so i thought id start of with smallest of the Skyline Family and work my way up as years go buy... ;)

I have my doubts over nrma also, when had mine done they missed a few things, but really yeh its good to have it done regardles for peace of mind.

If its mostly all stock, you could easily get it down to say 15...Honestly please consider mine (im getting des. i need $!), it'l even have fresh paint!

If the inspection checks out ok then it seems like a good deal, especially if you can haggle them down a bit further. Considering its a late '93 and the 2 year warranty and the (if it is actually correct) relatively low clock pretty nice find i'd say.

i think its expensive, there are plenty for sale on these forums in just as good if not better condition for $4000 less

if you really want this one, get them to give you 12months rego, and haggle the price down another grand!

- the 2 year warranty, isnt always that great after you read the fine print......mine had excess and max of $1000 for any one thing

all you need is the 3month compulsory dealer warranty in my opinion

Nissky looks to have a great r32, so despite also selling mine, take a look into his or mine. As another mentioned, most warrantys form dealers arn't what theyre made out to be. Im yet to find a decent/honest dealer yet.

No point blowing another 2/3k when you don't need to.

Hey Mitchy

Looks tidy.

Standard dealer warranty was my friend, as on the way home the odometer started working intermittently. Took it back with 68000kms showing and got them to fix it. I also got them to do timing belt and other stuff as I said you could not trust that figure.

You will pay more from a dealer, no doubt. Sounds like the haggling is over with.

Enjoy your R32

El Bee

go the R32. I love the shape, what discouraged me when looking for an R33, Too many around. I pass 4-5 in traffic every day. maybe see that many R32's in a month if I'm lucky.

have had a few things to fix, but like any car. I am enjoying mine at the moment. but look forward to the day when I can park a GTR in my driveway...