SAU Community

Jap Car Imports, Fawkner

ChakGTR

dont u have an xr6 now? see the new owner of ur gtr drivin round the area all the time

yea i have an xr6 now.

Yea he loves to cruise it, good on him :(

But i still havent see it round :D lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to checkout an evo here tommorrow.

When i called, i asked if i could test drive... He almost laughed... and said "oh no i'll be too busy, you will ahve to come during the week for a test drive"

wtf?! What kinda service is that? guessing he doesn't want to sell a car.

When i called, i asked if i could test drive... He almost laughed... and said "oh no i'll be too busy, you will ahve to come during the week for a test drive"

You'll find him much better in person. He doesn't try to press the car onto you which is refreshing. The cars sell themselves.

My friend brought an Evo 6 off them last year, was in great condition and the price was reasonable.

The service was relatively good compared to some other places we've been to.

Well on that Saturday i went around and checked out the car. Mind you i was extremely interested and have funds waiting to spend.

He just throws me the keys and says go look at it.. Im like ok.. Looked around for 10-15 then said can we go for a test drive.. Mind you i was the only person there. He then proceeded to tell me

that they dont let people test drive the cars unless there is a $500 DEPOSIT in which if the car drives bad i get back.. But if it drives well i'd be expected

to purchase the car?

I'm sick of these importers thinking that because they import "rare" cars they don't have to try sell them. I would never ever go back to him.

Yeh, Deniz is a top bloke. Did the compliance on my 33 when it came in to the country. Good service and no short cuts were taken anywhere!

What is the website for this guy he sounds good?

Well on that Saturday i went around and checked out the car. Mind you i was extremely interested and have funds waiting to spend.

He just throws me the keys and says go look at it.. Im like ok.. Looked around for 10-15 then said can we go for a test drive.. Mind you i was the only person there. He then proceeded to tell me

that they dont let people test drive the cars unless there is a $500 DEPOSIT in which if the car drives bad i get back.. But if it drives well i'd be expected

to purchase the car?

I'm sick of these importers thinking that because they import "rare" cars they don't have to try sell them. I would never ever go back to him.

Same thing with me, we thought he meant that he charges us $500 for a test drive and we don't get the money back if it drives good. He rang him up the next day and he said we'd get the money back, going for a test drive on Friday for an R34. He was very honest about the car and gave some advice, he gave me no bullshit on the car.

Dad cross referenced his ABN against the Australian Security Investment Comission and looked at Consumer Affairs to see if any bad shit came up against his name too, waiting on Consumer Affairs but so far everything has come up clean. There is another ABN registered under a different company though which is a bit fishy.

UPDATE: Consumer Affairs come back clean, he looks legit.

Edited by Solid Snake

As i said...never asked me for a deposit...HE drove the car.

Maybe its because you arent looking at a GTR? :(

As I've said ive personally had no issues with him.

Only kinda rule he had regarding the deposit was that if my finance didnt come through in two weeks id lose it...and i had no worries with that already bing pre-approved for the whole amount before i even looked.

...Maybe you need boobs? :):D

As i said...never asked me for a deposit...HE drove the car.

Maybe its because you arent looking at a GTR? :(

As I've said ive personally had no issues with him.

Only kinda rule he had regarding the deposit was that if my finance didnt come through in two weeks id lose it...and i had no worries with that already bing pre-approved for the whole amount before i even looked.

...Maybe you need boobs? :):D

I have boobs, but not woman ones LOL! Thats with him driving the car too mind you. Also, I'm prepared to pay the entire amount in cash/bank check, no finance, no bank loan.

Edited by Solid Snake

Quoted cuz i just remembered - no he most likely won't do test drives on Saturdays.

Why?

Because he the ONLY PERSON there. Mechanics have saturdays off otherwise bob looks after the place while hes gone. Not every dealership has a heap of salesmen :)

I have boobs, but not woman ones LOL! Thats with him driving the car too mind you. Also, I'm prepared to pay the entire amount in cash/bank check, no finance, no bank loan.

Hey big spender...

Ended up gettin a R32 GTR off him... Very happy with everything, Dennis tells it like it is... As someone said before the cars sell themselves... Did a vehicle inspection test and the dude said it was the cleanest he'd ever seen... Shouldv'e just taken dennis word n saved myself $290.... As for the test drive thing..Yeah i had to put up a $500 deposit to test drive.. But he was sayin guys used to come in all the time just wanting to test drive cars n wern't serious about buying..

I don't blame this dealer for wanting a deposit, there would be so many wankers who aren't even looking for a car and just want to test drive it. As a business, you'd get so sick of that when you're trying to make money. I'm sure you could say you hated the driving position and it would be legitimate call for your deposit back. Or show them some proof that you have the moolah and they might be less inclined to think you're a tyre kicker.

Looking at it one way, I'd prefer to know that the car I'm buying hasn't been thrashed on test drives by twits who can't afford it.

If you want to test drive cars without issues or deposits go to Car City in Ringwood. They usually have a couple of imports floating around.

I don't blame this dealer for wanting a deposit, there would be so many wankers who aren't even looking for a car and just want to test drive it. As a business, you'd get so sick of that when you're trying to make money. I'm sure you could say you hated the driving position and it would be legitimate call for your deposit back. Or show them some proof that you have the moolah and they might be less inclined to think you're a tyre kicker.

Looking at it one way, I'd prefer to know that the car I'm buying hasn't been thrashed on test drives by twits who can't afford it.

If you want to test drive cars without issues or deposits go to Car City in Ringwood. They usually have a couple of imports floating around.

+1

i bought my car off denis last year and it was in pristine condition.

completely standard apart from the body kit

very honest dude

i was there for like 4 hours with him just talking shit (i had no licence and had to take the train which is only around the corner and he told me to stay as long as i liked)

will definately deal with him again

Youre referring to the black one with 60 odd thousand on the clock?

I'll admit even i was impressed by it...

Congratulations on the purchase, when do you pick it up?

I bought the gun metal grey one... It was much cleaner than the black one...62thou K's...

Picked it up 2 weeks ago.... Still happy.. Although the battery did die on me last night...

Ended up buying a R32 GTR off them in gun metal grey....Gettin it checked over and roadworthy next week...

You didnt get that 94 model with the XT7's on it just recently did you?

I bought the gun metal grey one... It was much cleaner than the black one...62thou K's...

Picked it up 2 weeks ago.... Still happy.. Although the battery did die on me last night...

Happens sometimes, particularly sitting on a lot where they dont get driven much.

Glad youre happy with it.