SAU Community

Track Tyre Covers/totes

A few weeks back i needed to transport some track tyres to Wakefield Park/Goulburn in the R35, even though i used some old drop sheets, i got dust and crap throughout the car. Two tyres in the back, one in the front and one in the boot. It was a mess! So i went on a mission to find some spiffy tyre covers. But I just couldnt find what i wanted in Australia, but i found some in the USA (via ebay)....

tote1.jpg

tote2.jpg

VERY VERY happy with the quality and how easy they go on. They come with various velcro fittings and a carry "handle" which makes things easy. Highly recommended. They cost about $20AU each landed. Search for "tire tote" on ebay USA if you want some.

These should easily fit over most tyres (they are 285/18's in the pics).

Much better priced than the tire rack ones.

Good find!

How do you figure that? The tire rack ones are US$19.90 per pair - so US$10ea + delivery.

Would work out about the same.

And to think you sell Maths software....

How do you figure that? The tire rack ones are US$19.90 per pair - so US$10ea + delivery.

True the tirerack ones are about the same. However i think the shipping was insane, as it can be from some of the ebay sellers too. You really need to shop around on the shipping.

True the tirerack ones are about the same. However i think the shipping was insane, as it can be from some of the ebay sellers too. You really need to shop around on the shipping.

Andrew as above, a while back i looked at these from tire rack, but the shipping wasnt reasonable IMO.

Maybe they've changed since I last looked, which was a while ago, so I wouldnt be suprised if they had.

....Oh and I dont sell maths software, havnt done direct sales for quite some time.