SAU Community

Rocket Switches

Hey

Just bought a GFB dual stage BC and it needs [obviously] a rocket switch installed. Just wondering where everyone else is putting their switches

I've looked around the web and can't find a din panel available in Aus with switch mounting holes, plenty with 3 gauges but no allowance for switches. A couple are avaiable in the states.

Bit reluctant to drill holes in the dash etc so wondering what others have done.

I thought about putting a plate where the ashtray goes but couldn't find something reasonably ready made to do the job and didn't want to bodgey something up.

Ideas?

Thx

Edited by bradmax

What I did with mine is looked for another lower binnacle section and ashtray from a wreck/half cut and drilled the holes into these, while keeping my original one in the shed. This way I can return it to normal with no holes whenever I wish.

I placed switches in the lower binnacle, and my shift lamp controller in the ashtray.

I actually replaced the ash tray in my R33 for it... looks quite good i reckon..... But if you have wires long enough u can always but it right near the drink holder in tee little area there... Mine below =]

SSS.jpg

when i got my car, it had one to the right of the coin slots in the centre console.

i took it out though. as if i want that thing staring straight at a cop. it was bright red too lol.

post-29392-1246329935_thumb.jpg

I've mounted 5 very small rocker switches in the bottom of the useless drink holder for various things... no one knows they are there until I tell them...

But it wasn't the easiest thing to do, and then you're left with 5 holes if you decide to take them out...

Drill holes in your head lining so they are on the roof like a real fighter jet

thats a great idea what about the sun visor? haha

when i did mine a got carbon ones so they wernt bright red and dont stick out like bog balls, i replaced my ash try and placed 3 carbon missile switches in a row, what i did got and old centre console out of a wreck that was the same colour and hacked out the shape of the ash tray face and stuck in place :laugh:

if you want them hidden, i have the CD slot for under head unit that i modified to have the switches sitting a lil bit back so noone can notice them. when one of the switches is on, a lil neon lights up behind them.

switches mounted on a perspex insert i made to fit in the holder. will take pics 2moz

I installed two black rocket switches where the useless coin holders were and a push botton switch where the antenna switch used to be to the left of the steering wheel. All look very neat and barely stand out :(

post-35676-1246445775_thumb.jpg

Edited by PM-R33