SAU Community

How many studs ? 4 or 5 ?

OK, I am a little peeved with some comments regarding this pic that was originally posted as part of a thread entitled "Is this worth buying" posted in the VIC section.

How many studs do you see. OK, I see three as well.

Question is.... How many studs can be on this wheel?

Note: This wheel supposedly belongs to an R32 GTR.

I cannot believe that this is a pic of a 5 stud pattern. Please tell me if I am wrong.

El Bee

Whats the commotion about?

Of course it`s bloody 5 stud. I mean... *cough*... there`s 2 studs hidden coz of the "dish" of the center section of the wheel.

Bugger the 3 studs... a more pressing matter is why is this thread in existence???

could it be a 4 stud wheel/disc with upgraded 4 pot calipers?

I find it hard to believe 2 wheel studs can be hiding under the lip. 2 of the 3 visible look like they're directly opposite each other, the spacing is too wide IMO.

I assume this is on an auction site, otherwise i'd be asking for better pics. I'd be wary but if it's sold as a GTR and you don't get a GTR, you'd want your money back.

Originally posted by strutto

5 Stud!

Based on the angle between where the nut countersinkings meet the edge of the rim and the fact that it is a 7 spoke...

strutto is right, the position of the nut countersinkings in relation to the spokes clearly shows it is indeed a 5 stud rim.

Can you "4 stud guys" tell us why you say it`s a 4 stud rim?