SAU Community

Nismo Wing On R34 Gtt

Hi guys

I'm considering abt keep or get rid of my NISOM wing on my R34 GTT. The car is black and the wing is the real set from jap came with the car, which means it cost a lot!!! Around $800 for the real 3 piece set in Jap!!!

I have pics here, so what u guys think? Back to standard one? Or keep it?

Looks like this, but all in black.

post-52244-1248271048_thumb.jpg

post-52244-1248271523.jpg

It's quite a task to remove the factory aero wing, i believe theres about 8 bolts (2 on each rear quarter panel and 4 in the bootlid) So unless you completly can't stand it, i'd carefully consider

I remember one guy on here, said he paid up to 2K to remove the wing, weld the holes and respray the 3 panels, so it's a costly project unless you want rust coming through

Most people on here hate that wing but i love it haha, it looks nice if you got a big bodykit to go with it

All the best

Danny

Mmmm gotta say dude, in my opinion its yuck. Worst spoiler ever made. May be expensive, but i would pay someone to take it away for me.

I say take it off, sell it, you could get some money for it.

Each to their own of course though

It's quite a task to remove the factory aero wing, i believe theres about 8 bolts (2 on each rear quarter panel and 4 in the bootlid) So unless you completly can't stand it, i'd carefully consider

I remember one guy on here, said he paid up to 2K to remove the wing, weld the holes and respray the 3 panels, so it's a costly project unless you want rust coming through

Most people on here hate that wing but i love it haha, it looks nice if you got a big bodykit to go with it

All the best

Danny

Looks like u and me are the only two in the world who like it dude, are u going to buy them? Caz everyone ask me to get rid of it~ I'll make it cheeeeeeaaaaaaaap for u.

try 7 on each quarter panel and 2 on the bootlid

no joke

dude get rid of it

its way too big a it destroys the rear look of the car.

i had it on mine and its the best thing i ever done

unfortunately there are 6 bolt holes on each guard for those ugly side pieces, so even if you change to a stock/gtr wing you will need someone to patch it up..

cost me $1350. all holes led filled was $350 and undercoated(a friend of a friend done it) could cost upto $700.

and i got the rear reprayed for $1000.

check my gallery pics you'll see the difference.

Why? Sorry man I didnt get it?

I was commenting on the other guys post,

sorry I'll be more constructive for you

in my opinion it's a big undertaking to remove the nismo spoiler and should only be done properly, no shortcuts.

There will a total of 7 bolt holes on each rear quarter which will need to be patched up, if you are going for the wingless look the 4 bolt holes on the boot will have to be filled in as well, if you want to add a spoiler than don't worry

that still leaves the 14 bolt holes which will need to be patched up for the rear quarters.

welding plates behind and bogging the holes will be cheaper but rust can still happen and the rear quarters can warp if a rush job is done so paying the little bit extra for a proper job will be better for the long run (ie; the panel shop should solder the holes up, not weld plates in and bog, blend paint from the roof back etc so it was as if the car never left the factory with that ghastly spoiler)

No offence, worst spoiler in the wrld. Id rather have none, no wait... id rather drive a little laser around then a skyline with that spoiler on lol :laugh:. I feel sorry for the ppl who waist there money on this wing. But then again its der decision,

NicK