SAU Community

R32 N1 Gtr Rh8/rh9 Drag Car

Nur33

• 2 weeks later...
hows this build coming along ?

Hi

The cars coming along very well, just finished getting all the sound deadening out and cut the rear parcel shelf and wall out, and cleaned all the imperfections out, it look very nice. Construction of the cage will begin very soon, still tossing up the idea to stitch weld the chassis and add more bracing in the cage.

As far as engine goes, ideas change like the wind, but most likely be running a JUN bottom end (maybe), also would anyone like to swap, I got a Brand New Trust T88 Mainfold with new 50mm Trust Waste Gate Never Been Used want to swap for a HKS T51R V-Band Manifold and a 60mm Wastegate.

I Have just order a heap of carbon goodies for the car to make it look the part:

-Carbon Grill

-Carbon Front Diffuser (Abflug Style)

-Carbon Rear Diffuser (Top Secret Style)

-Carbon Tomei Style Headlight intake.

More Pics coming soon.

Cheers

Benny

This is a very nice project.

Love to see some more pictures.

The only Achilles I can see in your setup is the gearbox. It will get you in the 9 but be very difficult to get into the 8 with it.

How fast has Mark and Paul done in this box?

Theo Woollett, got into the 8 with the ppg dog box, but it took him a very long time. His gearbox maintenance bill, if he was not sponsor, would have been very big too.

While you are still at the drawing board stage, it might be worthwhile to think about a sequential gearbox (OS88 or Hollinger). It will save you a lot of money and heart ache in the long run.

That was my 1st thought aswell

I didnt think there was much difference in HP rating between the 38gk and T62r

The 38gk is an 1100hp turbo and the HKS 1200hp

Either way I doubt either would be big enough to run 8's in a GTR

huh ??.... reece mcgregor used a T51R SPL to run 7's

althought this wasnt using radial tyres... "Dunlop SP Sport Dragway Special Tyres"

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

Here's some quick update pic's, cars nearly finish the stitch/tac weld stage, rollcage commencing next week. Also new carbon parts should be arriving today or tommorow.

Cheers

Benny

post-56933-1251245057_thumb.jpg

post-56933-1251245122_thumb.jpg

post-56933-1251245192_thumb.jpg

post-56933-1251245256_thumb.jpg

post-56933-1251245289_thumb.jpg

post-56933-1251245315_thumb.jpg

post-56933-1251245339_thumb.jpg

post-56933-1251245367_thumb.jpg

Hi Guys

More pics of the carbon goodies that turned up today, i would like to give a big thanks to John at Rota Australia for his great Service and Help.

Ordering Soon:

-Carbon Boot

-Carbon Doors

-Carbon Prop Shaft

Cheers Benny

post-56933-1251344450_thumb.jpg

post-56933-1251344474_thumb.jpg

post-56933-1251344500_thumb.jpg

post-56933-1251344521_thumb.jpg

post-56933-1251344559_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Hi Guys

More pics of the carbon goodies that turned up today, i would like to give a big thanks to John at Rota Australia for his great Service and Help.

Ordering Soon:

-Carbon Boot

-Carbon Doors

-Carbon Prop Shaft

Cheers Benny

Whered the diffusers come from?

• 3 weeks later...

Quick Update,

The car is coming along great, our initial completion date was January, but you know how these things go delays, waiting for parts and have not had the time off to do anything. Anyway rollcage has been given to a professional welder, looks awesome will be stiff as a board. The Custom Jun Stroker kit arrived this week along with some Jun Hi-Step Cams, so engine will hopefully be done very soon (cant wait). The problem we have at the moment is the interior, we cant decide whether to carbon overlay everything or flock it. I wanna go with carbon, it will just take ages to do thats all.

Possible Parts Update list:

-Wilwood Front Brakes & R33 GTR Brembo Rears

-Full Ikeya Formula Suspension setup.

-6 Boost Manifold & HKS 60mm Wastegate

-Whiteline Swaybars

-Plus much more

P.S needs coilovers for car for drag setup HKS Drag Coilovers would be nice, if anyone has any for sale, also chasing a 3.5" or 4" titanium or stainless catback exhaust.

Also will someone please take this Trust Manifold and Wastegate of my hands!!!!!

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Tr...12#entry4911612