SAU Community

Regency Experiences

Steve

Btw, I love stagea's, one of my favourite cars!

SWEET! Thanks for the advice and comments Platinum. Very kind of you. I happen to have a partial contact at RPM so I'll give them a call, and have the Turbo Timer completely uninstalled.

I guess with the Turbosmart bleed valve I can try what you recommened, just uninstall it the night before I head down to Sturt Rd, and reinstall it at a later date. The previosu owner has taken out the solenoid to get more boost (currently 10psi without solenoid is putting out the same power as 12psi with solenoid installed).....

For a sweet-as Stagea photo check out forum member CoolPC in the Stagea Discussion area, thats the car I bought! Flew up to Qld and back on 13th July and did the deal, the wagon is currently being transported down.

Again, cheers for the information. :evil:

Hey fella, nice work on the purchase, was thinking of one of those before buying my 33, I think there is a few more than 3 in adelaide, but not 3 well tough ones, as i can't wait to see a PHAT as FUNK one here.

As for workshops, i personally use and would recomend Graham West on Marion Rd, good down to earth bunch of blokes that do some quality work, and they can help with whatever you need.

See you on da streets, peace out

Deluxe :uh-huh:

Thanx Deluxe! Great advice, I'll have a chat to that workshop too and see how they might be able to look after me (Im a southern lad so its reasonably close to home, just a 'boost' away! :matrix: )

Always wanted a R33, but 1 kid, another on the way and a puppy dog now dictate that a wagon is the go, how could I go past a 4wd RB25Det? Just couldnt! Ive only seen 2 stag's on the streets, so there definately arnt that many down here. Mine is silky white pearl, with a neat & mild bodykit and HKS badge on both front quarter panels.

If any of you see that sweet-as gold 150rwhp Fireblade in the hills on any given sunday, I'll try not to embarrass you! :uh-huh:

Yeah get rid of what ever you can - they are generally pretty cluey about looking for stuff like bleed valves/boost controllers :)

That all depends on the 'requirements' that you have to meet....

My Z was passed with an EBC (via the ECU) and a bleed on the transmission modulator line. The inspectors knew that these things were there, as they were discussed during the inspection. The use of the EBC was justified by the fact that the wastegate on the turbo was of a lower opening pressure than the OEM L28ET one & the bleed on the trans modulator line was easily explained by the fact that I told them that I'd already blown up 2 modulators by over-pressurising them (which is true)!

I'm now running the stronger VL turbo modulator, but have left the bleed there 'just in case'.

Having said all that - I'd recommed the removal of such devices from a 'new' car that must meet more stringent ADR's.

Thank you all for your kind information and suggestions.

I'll take off from the car all that I can for the identity inspection.

Better to be safe for this inspection rather than be sorry (and be sent down to the evil Regency).

I'll put everything back on when I have the 80000km service in conjunction with a FMIC installation and turbo-cat dump pipe install.

Cheers all, Brendan

• 2 weeks later...

you have pm regarding the stock exhaust. With the window tint was it completely illegal as in rear quarters and back or was it just the front driver and passenger?

that is bs. To my knowledge (as done by a Regency guy when I was pulled up for a defect check), the exhaust test has to be done with the sensor at a 45 degree angle, at least 1 metre from the tip of your exhaust. Also, I was told by cops when my S15 was tested, that the legal limit is 94dB, but they let me get away with 96dB no problem.

The limit has been 90db for some time - according to DOTARS (and ADRs) which set the standard.

If you own a MC or truck, or older car you can have lounder though.

Decibels are an exponential variant, not linear.

for every increase of 3db it equates to doubling the amplitude. eg, 9db is twice 6db, 12 db is double 9db etc. thus 92.9db is almost twice as loud as 90db.

I do agree though, when there are many trucks, motor bikes and cars on the road allowed to have exhausts alot louder than 90db, its sort of double standards. Welcome to the world of rules for the sake of rules.

Sorry to hear they are jerking you around. If you are having trouble finding a stock exhaust, try somewhere like D1 Garage or JMS - I am sure they will have the bits necessary to help you out.

do u still need that exhaust?

im willing to rent it! :D

im due up in 10days.

anyone know a workshop where i can go so they can look at my turbo?

i think i have a bleed valve which is illegal.

or a home job, ill pay for someone to look at it, i dont want to waist going back!

cheers

luke

very quiet... so quiet the inspector didnt bother with the test... he just made me rev it out and commented 'that's as quiet as a mouse' and ripped the defect sticker off!

rofl glad to hear that

do u still need that exhaust?

im willing to rent it! :wave:

im due up in 10days.

anyone know a workshop where i can go so they can look at my turbo?

i think i have a bleed valve which is illegal.

or a home job, ill pay for someone to look at it, i dont want to waist going back!

cheers

luke

the exhaust is nozilla's, so you'll have to ask him....

i had a bleed valve that I removed myself.... so i'd be happy to check yours out for no charge.... but all you have to do is replace the bleed valve with a tube.. if that makes any sense?