SAU Community

Haltech Interceptor For The M35 ( Envy Imports )

Jetwreck

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck finding a core that size.

There is a reason it is a custom job.

PWR make their own low resistance cores from scratch, so they can do whatever size you need.

You may also want to check that it WILL fit.

As stated, I have not made a mock-up from cardboard yet (funds are going elsewhere more important - so I won't be anytime soon either), so I would suggest that you make sure it will fit before going any further Andrew.

Cheers! i'll run them drawings by my friend for a custom job :banana:

will have to go thru his book of cores to use now!

keep me posted....before summer would be awesome. Might be better to keep to the original diameters in the pipe though as it will reduce modification for a straightbolt on version....yes/no?

P.S. At the size posted Cam, what are you going to do about the thermo fan? Will it fit?

P.S. At the size posted Cam, what are you going to do about the thermo fan? Will it fit?

Should fit with the standard thermo fan... maybe.

I went that size because it looks like it may fit under the bulk of the thermo fan.

The fan motor stops us using the taller coolers (unless you remove it for a slimline unit), which is why I went 80mm deep.

Should have almost the same volume as one of those huge Greddy units.

I should mention that the ARC cooler is 100mm and fits behind the RS front bar easily, so you could, in theory, get away with an intercooler that is about the height of the Dolphin unit 190mm IIRC, and be 600mm length which would give you closer to the Greddy volume, but would be very unobtrusive.

Craig, Ive got and electronic boost controller on mine and it still drops off boost a little in the top end I think its because the turbo is too small and doesnt flow enough at high rev's

Hi Dan

Have you checked your PCV valve? When Craig changed his he said he had more boost and mine was seriously bleeding off as it was totally rooted. My PCV valve was sticking open and only getting 9psi.

Just pull it out, turn it upside down, if the plug falls down and leaves it open then it is stuffed.

Cheers

Andy

Hi Dan

Have you checked your PCV valve? When Craig changed his he said he had more boost and mine was seriously bleeding off as it was totally rooted. My PCV valve was sticking open and only getting 9psi.

Just pull it out, turn it upside down, if the plug falls down and leaves it open then it is stuffed.

Cheers

Andy

I replaced mine when my turbo was smoking b4 I got the gt30. Mine to was bleeding back into the motor under boost.

hmmm....!!!!Don't want to say anything but........how bad?....when was your last oil change?

lol the turbo is fine dude, but yes it DOES need an oil change. which ill do soonish........

• 1 month later...
How is the Haltech going Craig?

Has the tune given you the benefits you wanted?

what has the biggest gain power or economy?

Cheers

Andy

LOL....F$#KING GOOD QUESTION ANDY

Economy is awsome.....getting inbetween 9.5 and 9.9 on the freeway....could only ever get 7.8 to 8.2 before.

Power from 2,500 till 5,000 is absolutely awsome as well!!!!!!....pity I cannot rev it above about 5,000rpm without it losing power or backfiring...apparently this is normal because knowone ever rev's there car past 4,000rpm :D ....so I am told!!!!......lol...your f$#ked if you have a high flow like me according to them....being that I highflow only starts working properly at 3,800 on the M35.

I have no good news other than I will get it sorted and one day my car will rev to the limiter again!....even though I have been told that this is not normal for people do :) ....will I release the information one I get it sorted back to Maltech? NO!!!!! :D ....well no unless they are willing to pay for it as I am having to pay for the R & D myself....you would think that this being the first M35 they would be anxious to do this.....but no!...... apparently I am a pain in the arse because I want my car to rev to 6,500rpm without backfiring or losing power.

Will I ever go Haltech again? Up to them.....but if I get it sorted first.....F$#KING NEVER!!!!

What conclusions have you come to Craig?

I have issues with my ecu also as the throttle lag is bloody dangerous. Im hoping to find a spare ecu in japan and ship it to KSrom for a chip. From what ive read they have fixed the lag and im guessing the airflow r&r issue. As they are so cheap, they are possibly the best option if you already have a copgyback,(cant write p*ig? totalitarian website developers!) at least untill someone here cracks the ecu.

Edited by scotty nm35

What conclusions have you come to Craig?

I should have gone E-Manage and don't listen to sales bullshit again!!!

1. Checked with the dyno guy to see that he had clamped the voltage on the signal from the airflow meter. - Done

2. Checked this is even worth going ahead with by doing a long trip to see wether fuel consumption was better - Done

3. Have tried dropping the boost all the way back to 7PSI.....still has the same problem just with less power. - Done

4. Cleaned airflow meter, throttle body and fliter - Done

5. Need to find someone to make up a bigger airflow meter unit to reduce the voltage and see wether that work....will have to go back on the dyno though.

6. Go down to VIC one day and see wether Cihan can fix.

8. Suggestions ...... I will try anything

All else fails I will sell the Haltech or burn it.

Edited by Jetwreck