SAU Community

Gtr Skylines Collectors Items In Future?

APPARENTLY R32s are getting that way in Japan already with vehicles like the Nismo, N1s and V-specs starting to get snapped up at auction by Japanese rather than being left for the the Aussies or Poms. Personally I doubt that the rarer R32s will go down in value much (if at all) from now on. They had enough of an impact on the Motorsport world and the car industry that they will continue to be recognised long into the future. But if they don't and my car is worth 5k in 10 years... I won't care, because for 5k or 500k it won't ever be for sale.

Ian is absolutely right. The 94 Vspec2's with log books are going for a bomb, I saw one not long ago (a low k unit) up for $74k complied. I was looking at them just before the gfc and was going to spend around 35k for a nice one + ship, duty taxes and comp. Check out carsales.com for a good listing of GTR's. The is an Aussie delivered one on there also which are very rare.

I was offered $10k more the day after i bought mine so i gues they're going up in value :whistling:

I think they'll definitely go up, but I also think they're still to common to consistantly demand high prices. I don't think they'll officially be a classic for at least another 20yrs or so.

I think the biggest probs though are around the lack of English documentation and Nissan verified specs on the GTR's.

Merc for example have an annual book which shows every model, all VIN/chassis #'s, all varients, all options on varients and their current avg price. Something like that ups the prestige of certain cars. I think Nissan need to get their sh!t together and start publishing some English documentation.

what are peoples thoughts on GTR skylines like series 3 etc etc being collectors items in the future

What series 3??

You can get cheap examples of 32, 33 and 34 gtr's because they were mass production vehichles... so outside rare models and immaculate condtion examples they will just keep going down as they get older.

I wont ever sell mine though, so dont really care.

You can get cheap examples of 32, 33 and 34 gtr's because they were mass production vehichles... so outside rare models and immaculate condtion examples they will just keep going down as they get older.

agreed. its a mass production family sedan at the end of the day, so it'll drop like tits with age, unless its a limited edition, in concourse condition or extensively or uniquely modded.

i guess it'll be like a ford falcon... you can pick up a shitty old XA, XB or XC sedan for a grand or less, but the coupes are worth an arm, a leg and a firstborn.

DON'T FORGET!

We also have to do our bit!!!

1) Keeping our cars well-serviced.

2) Looking after panels & hinges

3) Tending to brakes, susp'n, running gear

This makes our cars DESIRABLE > MARKETABLE > HIGH-PRICED!!!

SO ARE YOU A FASHION FOLLOWER or a FASHION LEADER?

what are peoples thoughts on GTR skylines like series 3 etc etc being collectors items in the future....will they eventually be seen to as classics like American muscle cars are?
SERIES 3 R33 GTR? YEH ESPECIALLY THE VSPEC. THERES ONE OF THE TOP MODEL ONES WITH RARE FACTORY OIL COOLER AND STUFF IN THE FOR SALE THREADS AT THE MOMENT.... I WANA GET MY HANDS ON IT ON A INVESTMENT COS ESP IN THAT CONDITION N ALMOST STOCK ITS RARE AS.... TRYIN TO GET A LOAN AS WE SPEEK. Edited by matty09

SERIES 3 R33 GTR? YEH ESPECIALLY THE VSPEC. THERES ONE OF THE TOP MODEL ONES WITH RARE FACTORY OIL COOLER AND STUFF IN THE FOR SALE THREADS AT THE MOMENT.... I WANA GET MY HANDS ON IT ON A INVESTMENT COS ESP IN THAT CONDITION N ALMOST STOCK ITS RARE AS.... TRYIN TO GET A LOAN AS WE SPEEK.

That's the R33 GTR N1.

If you can get that, that would be farken sweet!

My son is 3, If I keep the GTR till he can drive it the car will the be ~30 years old. Will be interesting to see what cars will be like when he can drive it. Maybe the GTR will still be blowing everything away?!?

I can tell you I've bumped up my insurance cover on mine by $30K since I've owned, based on a couple of discreet inquiries...rare ones are already going up in value in Japan. I know of a certain Australian buyer who recently handed over $90K landed and complied for a 5000km R32 GT-R V-Spec 2...

I would presume it was one that I saw go through auction about 6 months ago. Pretty sure it was silver, but there have been a couple of other low-km ones go through since too. I heard that from the workshop that did the compliance. Owner works in the mines, planning to use it as a daily....

lol nah just kidding, I don't know what plans the new owner has :P

Man I had about 4 on the go at the one time, that was one of them. Wish I had bought it then, it was around 30k + ship etc etc. I got an ADM unit anyway so am still pretty happy.

That silver one still had the factory plastic on it from memory.

Edited by RBNT