SAU Community

Direct Bolt On Front Mount Cooler

no. you will need to cut the reo bar, and a hole for the return pipe.

its been covered 100 times. there is far and few that will fit with NO cutting.

good options are blitz LM and the ARC return flow.

blitz lm still requires a tiny trim of the reo but nothing else.

not sure 100% on the arc.

If you want a front mount u have to do it.... there's no way around it.. if you're worried about cutting into some metal then i'm surprised you're not worried about hacking your front bar to bits. It really isn't that big of a thing and if u take the time to position it up a few times before u cut then u will minimise how much cutting is actually required of the reo bar. But more you try and save the reo the more u butcher ur bumper.

^^^ there are FMICs that can do this if your budget is more than $300 for a china brand FMIC.

fitted an ARC return flow FMIC, and can confirm it involves no cutting of the reo. Blitz LM involves taking a notch out under the headlight, but its not noticeable.

are there any images of what has to be cut? im just worried for defect/engenerring purpose's

front bar doesnt worry me much, as its not standard so i dont think there will be much of an issue

Do we need another thread on this?

There is already a fairly long running one now about non-chop coolers...

x2.

And for images, i have posted these pics a few times too.

P9050125Medium.jpg

P9050126Medium.jpg

For R33 Blitz LM. But the installation photos have 33 and 34, and the photo for 34 showed a little less cutting from memory. Cant quite remember though.

As long as you take your time like fore-mentioned it will be fine! Trim it a little at a time and re-fit, untill its perfect. Clean it up, paint it black and it will turn out pretty tight.

P9110129Medium.jpg

If you want a good price and minimal cutting you can't go past Just Japs return kits. $550 http://justjap.com/store/product.php?produ...=339&page=1

Just allow some time and beers when you fit it, the initial fit is not always perfect.

allow a LOT of time, and many beers. Hopefully not too many that you get all emotional about pipes that don't line up, but just enough to hold onto a semblance of hope that it might actually come good.

allow a LOT of time, and many beers. Hopefully not too many that you get all emotional about pipes that don't line up, but just enough to hold onto a semblance of hope that it might actually come good.

the cooler and piping it self on the 33 only took 45 min, but we didnt want to wake the neighbors so had to wait till morning to cut up the reo bar.

i found it pretty simple to put on, just gota make sure you tighten up the hose clamps again...tight being the key word.

that being said you still have to cut the reo bar. but if you were to cut the whole bar, so it was even. then sand it all down and paint it, i doubt you would

be able to tell if it had been cut or not. how are they going to now...are they going to measure it, i dont think so...

its just the reo bar material is hardened and f*kn hard to cut through...