SAU Community

Boost Gauge Problem Help!

MUZT3K

hey guys his the situation...i got to the servo tonight to fill up and when i got out of the car i heard some weird hissing sound from the engine bay, i opend it up and traced it to the hose connecting to the boost gauge thingy, now i just got this car so im new to turbos so excuse me for how i explain. now i notice the tip of the rubber hose was split so i tryed taping it up with electrical tape and the gauge is reading abit different so im guessing some air is leaking...what i want to know is, can i replace the hose, can i get it from like autobarn or somthing, and if i drive it the way it is will it effect the car in some way. thankyou so much for you help.

Cut off the hose where its split, and simply plug whats left it back into the factory map sensor for the boost gauge ,if there's not enough left just get a new hose, you will find it starts at the rear of the balance tube.... it's dangerous to drive around with a line such as this that has access to the atmosphere, unlimited boost.. bang there go your turbos and maybe engine too. And on engine vacuum it will suck dirt and shit straight into the engine bypassing the air filter.

all good, i took your advice of cutting it and i re-attached it. its so tight now and its reading better then before so must of been a tad loose. i drove it for about 500meters until i noticed it was f*kd do you think anything could have gotten in or would somthing have already happend? thanks for your help.

oh ok, so is it easy to fit, how much are they are where can i get one. thankyou.

yeah they're real easy to fit, all my tubing up there is silicon.

You should b ble tp find them at any jap wrecker shop or u can ask autibarn, im not sure.

Try Oakleigh mechanical or Nissbits in ringwood, or revzone would hav them for sure

ah ok, il give it a shot. il try this place in oakliegh kangaroo rd there always cheap and have everything.

thanks for your help guys.

btw is it possible my engine is screwed now coz it was left open for a little bit?

ah ok, il give it a shot. il try this place in oakliegh kangaroo rd there always cheap and have everything.

thanks for your help guys.

btw is it possible my engine is screwed now coz it was left open for a little bit?

Yeah Oakliegh mechs got real good prices,

and nah lol, your engine is fine, worst you would hav got was a vacuum leak, but if its split where the boost guage is, it will only affect the boost guage reading

i had the same problem with my 33 when i got it. i just cut the hose but about 2 weeks later it broke again so i got a new hose.

as for what moodles said about it being dangerous to drive around with it off, that isn't very true. yes it could suck some dirt into the engine which is bad (but it could only do this at idle or low load), however it will not cause unlimited boost, and when you are on boost it will actually be blowing air out that tube, so no dirt can get it. also it would be making low load run a bit lean, but at higher load, such as when it is making boost it will actually make the car run a bit more rich, which isn't a bad thing other than using a bit more fuel.