SAU Community

Update!putty Road 2009!

Sl!m

!!!DEPOSIT $20 IN THE SAU BANK ACCOUNT IF YOU WANT TO EAT AT THE PUB - OTHERWISE MAKE YOUR OWN ARRANGMENTS!!!

Hi All,

It's that time of year again!

Around this time each year we all get up nice and early, trek out to a rural McDonalds for an early morning feed and a chat with some new and old friends; then get ready for a great day out and about with like minded people!

This is one of our annual events and it tends to be one of the most popular; probably because it's pretty cheap which leaves us with more money to spend on the car. Compared to some of our other events, this is probably the most laid back, no 'social drinks' before the cruise, no drag strip, no race track, just a bunch of skylines, some stageas, random Nissans and usually one or two other types of cars cruising together enjoying one of the nicest roads NSW has to offer.

We will cruise from Windsor macca's at 10:30am sharp and SAU NSW Committee members will lead the way and be scattered throughout the pack to ensure people don't get lost and of course to make sure everyone is behaving themselves, as this is a public road. We will TRY and organise some maps as well... just in case…

After the rest we will head to singleton for lunch, where we will spend about 1.5 - 2 hours in singleton.

Note Singleton does have a Shell not far from lunch that does sell 98 ron.

After Lunch it will be up to you as for what you do now. Usually some people decide to head off to sample a few of the local fermented grape juices and perhaps some old mouldy dairy products. Or just head back to Sydney whatever way you want..

SAU NSW has decided to use the Putty Road event as a Charity Cruise, to help raise some money for a local charity, give some thing back to the community and help out those who really need it!!

We voted last year and Cancer Council was the chosen charity to donate too, this year we are choosing the second place option, which was the RSPCA.

EVENT DETAILS

Date: 24/10/09

Meeting place: Windsor Maccas, corner of Groves ave and Windsor road, McGraths Hill (Why do they call it Winsdor Maccas?). Right next to Winford Motors with the big Wizard out the front.

Meeting time: 9:30 for Breaky and a 10:30am SHARP departure.

Cruise Route: PUTTY ROAD BABY!

Destination: Imperial Hotel, Singleton. (lunch stop) Corner of John St and Elizabeth St

Parking: there is parking at the pub and on surrounding streets

Time Frame: Allow all day.

Cost: Members = $5 per car & Gold Coin Donation per passenger (or more if you like), Non members = $10 per car + gold coin donation from passengers.

Please note that CAMS require that we have a fee paid by non-members. This also then means that you can be covered by CAMS Public liability for the duration of the event. But you will have to abide by the rules and regs for the day. These will be available on the day or earlier by PM me or any of the Executive Committee.

Meeting Point!

Meeting in the carpark with the circle and tick. This is an old photo, so for those that dont know the area there is now a KFC here as well.

puttycruise.png

Charity Details

RSPCA - http://www.rspca.org.au

SAU NSW Membership!: If you would like to Join SAU NSW on the day please complete a membership form and bring it with you, along with the payment amount to join the club

SAU NSW Merchandise!: Merchandise will be available on the day, t-shirts, jackets, hats, stubby holders etc... Please check merchandise thread for prices and pictures.

Please let me know if you are bringing some one with you so I can book tables at the pub.

Who's Coming!

<List removed....just come along!>

puttyrd.png

puttyroddirections.png

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In!

but not in the mazda...stupid fixed seats, harness, no sound deadning, no heat or air con, no radio, I'll ride shotgun in the failvia plz spando?

Not so smart now are we mister i don't need to brake into turn 1 at OP!!!

Oh, and giddyup!! Can't wait!

Not missing this one. count me in for sure.

had an absolute ball last year. everyone should come to this.

no maybes people. just get out there and enjoy the sun nice road and a fantastic lunch at the end and the company of some excelent people.

In!

but not in the mazda...stupid fixed seats, harness, no sound deadning, no heat or air con, no radio, I'll ride shotgun in the failvia plz spando?

oh you are so soft, hair dresser :P this event has a cams permit so we are bringing the race car

E85 limits me to 250-300kms. Might have to bring a drum with me......IN!!!!

lol my foot limits me to the same. at best. we can always bring a tow rope