SAU Community

H4 Oil Pump (high Flow L24-28 Part #15010-s8000)

noddle

Stewart Wilkins does an Hi Volume pump, brand new for $170.00 including GST plus postage that he uses in all his rally rebuilds. He tells me it is every bit as good as the genuine H4 pump out of the Auto 280ZX Turbo. http://www.swmotorsport.com.au/

It's probably as good a price as you will get in US$ plus postage.

I have a couple of under models, the manual L28ET came out with an H3.3 & some L20ET's came out with the H3.3 or H3.

What's in your motor now???

Cheers, D

Stewart Wilkins does an Hi Volume pump, brand new for $170.00 including GST plus postage that he uses in all his rally rebuilds. He tells me it is every bit as good as the genuine H4 pump out of the Auto 280ZX Turbo. http://www.swmotorsport.com.au/

It's probably as good a price as you will get in US$ plus postage.

I have a couple of under models, the manual L28ET came out with an H3.3 & some L20ET's came out with the H3.3 or H3.

What's in your motor now???

Cheers, D

L24, running a turbo, I'm wanting to add a oil cooler.

from my research, the H4 comes out of a 280zxt AUTO (these had oil coolers), these are high volume, not high pressure.

I believe the rotor is 40mm not 35 like the normal one, do you know if the Stewart Wilkins has the longer rotor, or a tighter spring to up the pressure ?

Nigel

L24, running a turbo, I'm wanting to add a oil cooler.

from my research, the H4 comes out of a 280zxt AUTO (these had oil coolers), these are high volume, not high pressure.

I believe the rotor is 40mm not 35 like the normal one, do you know if the Stewart Wilkins has the longer rotor, or a tighter spring to up the pressure ?

Nigel

Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

No understand you???

The SWR pump is an High Volume pump & where is there a spring anywhere in the pump???

What longer rotor???

And the spring that I know relating to pressure is in the relief valve.

JFYI .................. The H4 pump is getting thin on the ground & my question to what has your motor got now was in relation to the oil pump, not what your doing???

Cheers, D

Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

No understand you???

The SWR pump is an High Volume pump & where is there a spring anywhere in the pump???

What longer rotor???

And the spring that I know relating to pressure is in the relief valve.

JFYI .................. The H4 pump is getting thin on the ground & my question to what has your motor got now was in relation to the oil pump, not what your doing???

Cheers, D

Hi,

I took this from another site, as you can see, the H4 (left) has a longer rotor, thus moving more oil per turn

( http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=150165 )

the spring I'm referring to is the one in the relief valve, I believe some have a higher pressure spring, thus making the pump , pump at a higher pressure,

I need to look at what pump I have to see what numbers are on it, but when I brought it 4 - 5 years ago, it was for a L24,

Nigel

post-13098-1252327348_thumb.jpg

post-13098-1252327420_thumb.jpg

post-13098-1252327430_thumb.jpg

Edited by noddle

Hi,

I took this from another site, as you can see, the H4 (left) has a longer rotor, thus moving more oil per turn

( http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=150165 )

the spring I'm referring to is the one in the relief valve, I believe some have a higher pressure spring, thus making the pump , pump at a higher pressure,

I need to look at what pump I have to see what numbers are on it, but when I brought it 4 - 5 years ago, it was for a L24,

Nigel

I'll check mine today and get back to you on the pumps, because I have both here.

As for oil pressure, just pack the spring with a washer or two and don't go overboard, it's amazing what one washer will do to the oil pressure. Start with one and see what you get. It's a trick we used back in the BMC A & B series engine days.

Remember where Nissan got their 1200 Bluebird engine from, it was a re designed Austin A40 engine, from blueprints they bought from BMC in UK.

Cheers, D

• 2 weeks later...
i have an h4 pump

its ok needs rebuild (engine siezed) thus it had rubish go through it ..

as is $100 ono?

Marc

I would assume to 'rebuild it' would to be 'replace it', I've used a second hand pump years ago, that's why I brought a new one back then..

Same pump was also fitted to z18et and z24 motors, just for informations sake

Do you have part numbers for these ?

Nigel

Edited by noddle