SAU Community

Seductive Skylines

what got us into these japanese works of art????

i was 11 my sister had just told me that she had a new boyfriend

i wasnt to keen on this idea but i quickly changed my mind once i heard the rb

engine roaring loudly from 3 streets away . as he rolled down the street in the 32 gtst

slowly with the engine purring the hairs on my neck raised intrigued by this merciless

sound and the sharp lines from bonnet to boot i was in awe of this beast. after 9 years of riding in this

200kw weapon i now was now on my way to picking up my soon to be brother in law in

my r33 gtst with a smile from ear to ear and i have moved only forward cause everyone else is behind me... :)

anyone remember gran turismo 1? member the maroon 33 when u had the racing mod done loved it always then i always wanted one and for the past 5 years the car has been my pride and joy !

shit yeah not to mention its one of the most powerful cars on the game

haha yeh think i might have to play that game tonight lol cant wait till forza 3 comes out but yeh that was the game that made me want a skyline then my mate bought one back in 2000 when there wernt many 33s around i went in it and absolutly loved it and nuffins changed since then!

what got us into these japanese works of art????

:P

...sent my son down to the local car shop to look for a Zoom-Zoom

...and he came back with a BR-O-O-M-BR-O-O-M :D

...well at least the advert for a neat Midnight Purple R33 GT-R :D

shit yeah not to mention its one of the most powerful cars on the game

Just a shame the less powerful GTO would absolutely ass rape it in a straight line :blink:

I spent many many hours tweaking the gears ratios to compete with that thing. Annoyed the hell out of me.

But back OT... Same. The GTR in GT1 got me into them :blink:

GranTurismo 1 ftw. I remember when I was like 5 or 6, going to my mates place to play his PSone. On the rare occasion, his bro would let us touch, then use his memory card (with the best cars you could get in the game :P). GTR was then set forever and ever ;)

It certainly wasn't love at first sight for me

I was never a car person, cars flew completely under my radar until FnF came out at the movies, although I now look back in shame, to a hormone fuelled punk teenager like myself at the time this movie was a wet dream and it triggered my interest in imports

I wanted a supra (back in the day p platers had no restrictions), but they were too expensive for me at the time so an unassuming silver R33 caught my eye at the car lot and the rest is history

I've now had 3 skylines and a 350z

I'm having my mid life crisis now so I don't have to look like a tool having a mid life crisis later on :P

oh, and inital D - gunmetal 32 ;)

Thats what got me interested in skylines & cars in general.

Too bad in the show the dude who drives the GT-R sucks, he lost every major race we see him in (3 in total; vs AE86, vs FD3S, vs EVO 4) & ends up crashing the car twice (in the AE86 & EVO 4 race) :P

My mother was co-driving in one in Targa Tas, and the guy took me for a run down the road in his road R32 GTR, Was already pretty obsessed (Sound, Group A racing etc) and the way that it just came into a corner and the back sat out, and just ripped itself out of the corners.. Then going for a ride in Morg's 350+ atw monster (RIP) and the way it would step out in 4th gear, accelerate sideways, and not once feel like it was actually going to let go