SAU Community

Finaly Got Defected

kwl33

got a defect notice on my way home tonight for my BOV.

100 bux, which I dont think is too bad as he didnt notice a lot of other things he could have got me for.

Only thing was, he said the BOV is venting engine fumes, when I tried to tell him its just the intake air, he flatly refused that theory and tried to tell me if the BOV was connected to the catch can, it would be fine!

I just shut my mouth and agreed... :P

He also took a few photos of my engine on his phone which I thought was strange.

atmo BOV's vent charged air, hence the ticket...

the term charged can be taken which ever way you like it...

fact is many turbo's leak some oil straight down the intake pipe and its this vaporised oil that is the issue and is flamable also...

That'll be an easy 1 to clear even if you dont have the stock bov. Actually QLD cops are pretty good and normally they defect the obvious (e.g. bov, balded tyres etc.) unlike the other states where people like us gets raped so easily.

Dan: Well if you're screaming out for attention, you probably can expect a lot of it!

got a defect notice on my way home tonight for my BOV.

100 bux, which I dont think is too bad as he didnt notice a lot of other things he could have got me for.

Only thing was, he said the BOV is venting engine fumes, when I tried to tell him its just the intake air, he flatly refused that theory and tried to tell me if the BOV was connected to the catch can, it would be fine!

I just shut my mouth and agreed... :D

He also took a few photos of my engine on his phone which I thought was strange.

Wow BOV's are straight up illegal here, catch can or not, but yea photos are pretty standard it's so they have proof if you try to fight them in court

Air recirculation pipes that are plumbed back into the intake pipe are usually directly from the breather on the top of cam covers.

By atmospherically venting the Air ByPass Valve gasses or BOV gasses you are by definition venting engine fumes-somewhat small amounts- into the atmosphere with the overcharge of compressed air that the BOV bypasses from turbo so yes he is correct. You can place an oil catch type filter to the air outlet of the BOV but this is a mute point as it looks bloody ugly & is nothing but a fire hazard, & still is illegal. Plus it sounds a total Wank with the gasses being passed directly into atmo also like these new flutter types screaming look at me- look at me- which now the cops do lol

The only legal way to use an aftermarket Blow Off Valve is to use a plumb-back type & thats directly from QT.

Ok so If I plumb it back into the air box, is that legal as its enclosed? or does it need to be into the pipe work?

On a side note, My ol VL commonwhore used to drop huge doses that last for 10 seconds which was funny :thumbsup:

Edited by kwl33

Ok so If I plumb it back into the air box, is that legal as its enclosed? or does it need to be into the pipe work?

Rather pointless seeing as you have an airbox for cold air induction reasons yet you'd be releasing rather hot compressed air into there.

Just get a plumb back one. I have a dual port GFB bov, plumbed back and still get sexc flutterz.

Just hide your bov, Mines hidden between my fmic and throttle body pipe just under where the battery sits.

Ive been pulled over for it but they couldn't find it so got no defect :D

I just told them I didnt know what the noise was.