SAU Community

Gtr Replica

if i was to replicate a GTR i would go all the way with the motor and everything but then the cost is just pointless. Best part of the GTR's over the standard are the flared front and rear guards make the car look so much tougher

^+1

There are companies out there that do nothing but make replica's of cars. Given in most cases it's purely because the originals are so rare and cost so much.

I see nothing wrong with making a replica, but as others have said if the cost is going to be that high, you may want to hold out a bit and just buy the real deal.

Like this one?? ? :mrt:

post-42920-1254962964_thumb.jpg

I agree with the statement its your money, do whatever you want with it. But the fact that you've asked the opinion of others shows you care about what others think. And to make things easier, most people will not like the "imitated" look. 34GTTs are like S15s to me, they will look awesome with proper kits and they still look like themselves.

LOL Just found this... Check the GT-R badge out.

img03895rl.jpg

img03960ua.jpg

img04038if.jpg

In all seriousness though, save and get the real deal. Even if you can't afford a R34 GT-R yet buy a 33 or 32 GT-R. If not GTS or GTT and wait until you can.

Building a replica IMO is like buying a pair of nikes from Bali. They sort of look the goods but don't feel right...

Ok then.. ill scrap that

what about putting a R35 front on a M35 stagea like that one made in japan?

how much would that cost?

so i could probably have the first R35 GTR Wagon is Aus ... well sort of :)

Kid's Heart used a real R35 front and custom designed the rest of the bodykit (adding the R35 muffler to the stock exhaust) themselves.

I have enquired about a "kit" for my M35, but they are adamant that it is a one off and for show only :P

Would cost a shit load anyway (m35 + R35 front cut in good nick + custom body kit etc).

Would probably be cheaper to get an R34 GTR imported.

Who are you building this so far fictional car for?

Why ask for opinions on cosmetics from the peanut gallery.........you'll be the one driving and paying for it.

Build it to your own taste, then it will be your car. As long as you like it who cares what the "vogue" crowd think.

+1

that is the beauty of modified/built cars. They are styled to their owners tastes.

For me if you make it look a R34 as long as you don't put the badge on it sweet

I'm not to shore but i think you have to cut the rear bar to fit on

Your choice, Your money but it will look cool