SAU Community

Car Climbing Out Of The Dyno - Advice?

CEF11E

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

High 11's? Ease up...

You can run a mid 11 in a 32GTR with factory turbo's for gods sake, been done before.

You have more power, less weight in a 32-t and you're trying to say its going to be slower with what will be a very similar 60ft?

Adrian/2rismo ran a mid 11 on a factory turbo R33-t, given there was nitrous involved, but goes to show what can be done rather easily if you can drive.

So the fact someone in a 1500kg 33-t with around 260rwkw (ran mid 11's) proves already that your mid-high 11's is wrong for another 40-50rwkw more, and less weight...

That's all i need to know that it's possible. Just because no-one has tried doesn't mean a thing.

You must be dreaming to think no one is out there trying with 400hp. A manually shifted rwd skyline running ~121mph (400hp) and dipping into the tens would be a minor miracle. Dedicated drag cars will only just squeeze a ten with that sort of terminal speed and yes I can list first hand examples if you want.

The guy asked what he should expect, I would put money on the car running 11.5+ like everyone else!

Nothing wrong with rollers if you know what you are doing :)

As stated already - most likely tyres, never use semi's. Just get some cheap rubber on stockies or something.

If you get the ramp rate right and so on you don't even need to strap :)

Mine with over 300rwkw never gets strapped

When my car was last tuned, the guys were happy to see the back of it as it did something like 70 runs with cams, adjusted cam gears, remove cams and just winding in more boost. All with a set of RE55s and i drove straight to PI from emchanics on a saturday night and did a 1:52 Sat morning. So with 260rwkws it doesnt seem to be an issue and the tyres were healthy...so there must be a way to get semis to live

Show me a full weight, manual skyline running 10's with 300rwkw.

Didn't think so.

I'm also very interested to know a few running R32 GTST 10's with 400rwhp, he also is going to be making more power with the nitrious so your claim is irrelevent.

VL's sure, with a auto, glide, gears and some slicks. Far from the dudes street skyline.

In reality, high 11 or low 12 for the average driver who limited experience at the track in street trim.

Edited by monga

I'm also very interested to know a few running R32 GTST 10's with 400rwhp, he also is going to be making more power with the nitrious so your claim is irrelevent.

VL's sure, with a auto, glide, gears and some slicks. Far from the dudes street skyline.

In reality, high 11 or low 12 for the average driver who limited experience at the track in street trim.

Umm what? Wanna try re-reading or you talking to DCIEVE?

I'll summarise again incase you missed it...

Factory 33gts-t turbo

260rwkw with the NOS being used (you aint making that power on a stock turbo unless NOS is ON)

11.6 (IIRC)

Manual

Semi's (not slicks).

So no glide, no slicks, less power, more weight and still 11.6... but hey, its not possible apparently even though that's exactly how it was done? :)

Each to their own really on this it seems

i had 480rwhp and only managed a 11.1 @ 131mph. but i was using chineese Just Jap G4 coil overs and a set of BFgoodrich drag radials that were bald and past the expiry date.

i would think this car would run 11.7 all day long and if it had a perfect drag setup it would get to a low 11 and with gods help will it only run a 10 :down:

i had 480rwhp and only managed a 11.1 @ 131mph. but i was using chineese Just Jap G4 coil overs and a set of BFgoodrich drag radials that were bald and past the expiry date.

i would think this car would run 11.7 all day long and if it had a perfect drag setup it would get to a low 11 and with gods help will it only run a 10 :down:

RockoGTR's R32 is 480rwhp ran 10.4@134mph on Nexen tyres. I have the car here for sale if anyone wants it?

480rwkw... yes!

480rwhp... no!

unless it was stripped to a bare shell and even then it would probably be too heavy

agree...i ran a best of 11.2 @ 126 with about 340awkw on Federal 595 (not rs) tyres full weight.

we only ever used 1 strap dynoing my car at CRD...through the car...even at 500awkw. Never an issue.

my car will be going on the rollers on Tuesday and it is running 595RS semis. hopefully there wont be any issues with it as i don't have any spare non grippy rubber for them to use.

if found the 595rs to be a semi semi (ie not as soft as r888 or 555 etc) so you should be ok, ive dynoed a few with the 595rs without drama, mind you they were only high 200 rwkw cars.