SAU Community

Car Feels Unstable

Amaaru

Hey all,

When driving my r33 it feels really unstable sometimes when goin over bumps and such. Like, I can feel the car moving sideways. Never experienced this in another car.

Any suggestions as to what it could be? Or is it spose to feel like that lol.

Thanks in advance

I should also mention that is has stock suspension.

Another thing is I was told the front left sway bar link is broken by 1 mechanic. But the next mechanic didnt mention it at all but said the front bush was split (which has since been replaced).

can be due to alot of things... worn shocks, soft springs, worn cradle bushes, hicas mucking around, low tyre pressure.. high tyre pressure.. start at one end, work your way through and replace everything... your talking about a 20 year old performance car... doesnt matter how clean it is, or how low kms it has.. stuff wears over time and flogs out.

• 3 months later...

I have developed this problem. Everytime i hit a bumpy road, rear of the car goes sideways, to the right.

I have had Tyre Factory check my suspension etc and all was OK

Did Wheel alignment. Wasted more money.

What now????

HICAS with a broken fuse or in limp mode can make the car feel very unstable around corners / bumps / potholes etc too ...

Do you have working HICAS or a lock bar?

Ye as mentioned your standard suspension is most likely worn (well some of the components anyway). Mine started doing that, getting really jelly like when going over bumps etc. One day I took the wheels of the car and found most of the shocks leaking!

Just take the wheels of and have a look around for anything suspicious. And as mentioned if you take it to pedders and they do their safety check and state what is worn, that way you can check it.

HICAS with a broken fuse or in limp mode can make the car feel very unstable around corners / bumps / potholes etc too ...

Do you have working HICAS or a lock bar?

Sounds like HICAS is my next step. Checked shocks, tires, wheel alignment.