SAU Community

S14 With Neo Rb25 Drift Car.

Was good to finally see this thing in action :thumbsup: had followed it from the NEO days, was gunna come say hi but like i said you looked like you were pretty busy so i didnt interrupt :)

I'll make sure I do next time mate :) was awesome to finally see the beast anyhow!!! Your vid of the car back with the NEO and 38mm gate was serious inspiration lol..... Finally got tuned and can't keep the thing on the road, suspension shit itself, brakes shit em selves, clutch just shat itself lol.... Awesome so far lol

The stock nissan bottom end doesn't have any inherent weaknesses at the power levels most people run, it has the nissan seal of approval unlike many aftermarket rebuilds that grenade 5000kms later and it is also extremely cheap.

Imo almost all motors that do grenade are due to oiling issues be that starvation killing the bottom end, assembly issue (wrong clearances etc), limiter bashing unbalancing things or a tuning issue causing detonation via one of many ways killing the bearings and pistons.

So knowing this I don't know why everyone doesn't just go a stock untouched (unmolested) rb30 bottom end, chances are you will kill it from one of the reasons above well well before you destroy it due to high revs destroying the rod bolts/rods or destroy the pistons/bearings from just simply too much torque.

The stock nissan bottom end doesn't have any inherent weaknesses at the power levels most people run, it has the nissan seal of approval unlike many aftermarket rebuilds that grenade 5000kms later and it is also extremely cheap.

Imo almost all motors that do grenade are due to oiling issues be that starvation killing the bottom end, assembly issue (wrong clearances etc), limiter bashing unbalancing things or a tuning issue causing detonation via one of many ways killing the bearings and pistons.

So knowing this I don't know why everyone doesn't just go a stock untouched (unmolested) rb30 bottom end, chances are you will kill it from one of the reasons above well well before you destroy it due to high revs destroying the rod bolts/rods or destroy the pistons/bearings from just simply too much torque.

While I agree with you on the most part, keep in mind this is a drift car...

been going alright so far.. oil control has been settled for now with the use of an Accusump which works well... should have got one a long time ago.

stock NA RB30 bottom end has been proven to be reliable up until around the 600 hp mark.. fairly impressive really! obviously limiter bashing and drifting puts more strain then most of motors so we'll see how it goes.

• 4 weeks later...