SAU Community

S14 With Neo Rb25 Drift Car.

results are in.

Blue us RB30 orange is rb25. full comparison and nothing else has changed except the bottom end.

turbo is 3076 56t with 0.63 rear... falls over pretty hard and adding more boost doesnt increase it.. so rear is a restriction thats for sure. Need a .82 rear for it.

548970_396306537085122_1736352689_n.jpg

didnt have any issues with the car apart from oil pissing out the catch can due to the sump being 2L overfull... after spewing oil out several times and filling the can its finally reached a happy level where it wont do it any more haha. still a fair bit above the H mark too. i now have a massive mess in the engine bay which i need to clean confused.gif

in terms of power and performance... wow.. its like night and day. can leave it in 3rd in the esses, even if following someone and you have to adjust your line in the entry to a slower one you can back off.. get back on the throttle and it just spools straight away haha. exiting the esses you can shift straight to 4th and it pulls HARD up the straight and just bakes 1 and 2 in 4th. loves it!

have a slight oil pressure related issue... not sure whats going on. have a read here if you care http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/405788-oil-pressure-dropping-when-no-load-on-engine/page__fromsearch__1

all in all... decent shake down. plenty of grip with the rear DW knuckles in now.. not a fan of the front DW knuckles. i wouldnt recommend them to anyone thats for sure. as a drop spindle they are wicked but for big lock with no bind... nope they dont tick that box. I will be cutting and shutting (in a not so dodgy way) and repositioning the tie rod mount on the knuckle so its more in line with my modified knuckles that i do. It should be easy enough to do due to the construction of the DW knuckle as its just made out of welded plate steel. I wont do it before WTAC as theres to much to do and EC isnt a big angle entry track anyway so worry bout it when i get back.

good results

would have expected more kw power with the extra capacity and higher comp ratio

seeing that camshafts alter power band, no chance that changing shafts to suit the 30 while keeping the 0.62 rear would increase power with more psi ?

just a thought

• 2 weeks later...

WTAC run and done.. just got back 3am this morning so im running low on energy.

full write up coming soon.

25 dollar bottom end loved life. smashed limiter and shredded tyres. Missed out on top 16 battles but won the bottom 16 battles beating the NZ guy who won it last year so reasonable effort!

car's a bit smashed up.. quick vid here