SAU Community

2009 Show & Shine

Sl!m

SAU NSW Proudly Presents…….

THE 2009 R32 GTR 20th Anniversary Show and Shine!!

Come and enter your car or visit us on Sunday the 13th of December at Fairfield Showground (Fairfield Showground, Smithfield Road, PRAIRIEWOOD)

Remember THIS IS NOT AUTO SALON! You don’t have to have a show car to enter. If you are proud of your car then we are happy to have it entered in the Show and Shine! This is to show off what real skylines look like from daily drivers to track cars and dyno queens! We want them all.

We are organising for some special cars to be in attendance for the Anniversary of the GTR, including the Gibson Motorsports R32GTR from the famous Bathurst 1000 victory!

There are limited spots available !! So make sure you get your entry in.. the cost is a super low $10 PER CAR!!!

Prizes and Awards on the day will include:

Best R32 GTR,

Best R32 (non-GTR),

Best R33 GTR,

Best R33 (non-GTR),

Best R34 GTR,

Best R34 (non-GTR),

Best V series (V35/V36),

Best R35,

Best Early Classic (pre R30),

Best Late Classic (R30/R31),

Best Non Skyline.

Also option entry to one of:

Best Interior,

Best Exterior,

Best Engine Bay,

Best Engineering,

Worst in Show.

Note: these may change between now and the Show and Shine

Keep this date open!! More details to come.

thread with entry details is over here: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Sh...es-t292951.html

Spectator entry on the day will be a gold coin donation.

Regards,

SAU NSW

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do I enter ? do I have to be a member ?

No, you don't have to be a member, but membership IS encouraged and the benefits spread wide and far!

Entry forms will be available soon, just keep your eyes on the first post of this thread...

Ill let everyone look at my car on saturday and decide if its worthy lol.

ill have to get the front bar resprayed and drop it back down for that tuff look not speed bump beater mode.

Pffft, the car doesn't HAVE to be perfect, just loved! This isn't an AutoSalon-style event where every little detail will be looked at, it's more of a chance to show what you've got, speak to fellow enthusiasts, chill out, exchange ideas, etc.

Can we do something about the "Best Late Classic (R30/R31)" category?

Maybe split the two up to make the "Best Early Classic (pre R30)" , then "Best Classic (R30)" & "Best Late Classic (R31)" to be fair?

Every other model has its own category. I understand that theres not many 30s or 31s around anymore, but if anything that should add to the award.

I've done some considerable work to my daily 31 since the last Show N Shine & it seems tough when an R30 can enter which has been garaged for like 20yrs (which was incredibly tidy & immaculate mind you) & fit the "Classic" title like no tomorrow.

Totally deserves the place, but that then counts the rest of us old-skool boys out.

Maybe even introduce a "Best R31 GTS-R" to match up with the Best GTR category?

But either way, count me in! Again! :)

Pffft, the car doesn't HAVE to be perfect, just loved! This isn't an AutoSalon-style event where every little detail will be looked at, it's more of a chance to show what you've got, speak to fellow enthusiasts, chill out, exchange ideas, etc.

To quote someone here... possibly Chubbs...

Stone chips are real trophies :P

Can we do something about the "Best Late Classic (R30/R31)" category?

Maybe split the two up to make the "Best Early Classic (pre R30)" , then "Best Classic (R30)" & "Best Late Classic (R31)" to be fair?

Every other model has its own category. I understand that theres not many 30s or 31s around anymore, but if anything that should add to the award.

I've done some considerable work to my daily 31 since the last Show N Shine & it seems tough when an R30 can enter which has been garaged for like 20yrs (which was incredibly tidy & immaculate mind you) & fit the "Classic" title like no tomorrow.

Totally deserves the place, but that then counts the rest of us old-skool boys out.

Maybe even introduce a "Best R31 GTS-R" to match up with the Best GTR category?

But either way, count me in! Again! :)

Hey Dean - I see what you mean, but we have had lots of discussions (read "fights"!) among the committee about classes already. Bottom line is we want to avoid have too many categories so we have tried to keep to groups which will have reasonable numbers of entrants.

The vast majority of cars in the club are r32, r33 and r34 skylines so they got 2 categories each. From there were amalgamated a number of potential categories R30 + R31, V35 + v36 and all pre R30 (about 4 different models).

But in any case, for almost all of us, the SnS is about taking part, not taking home the glass trophy!