SAU Community

Tein Type Flex Or Superstreet

I have mono flex, i recommend bilsteins.(have them in my other car) given you said mainly street, just choose a spring to suit the standard valving or get them valved to suit what ever spring you choose

so you recommend just replacing the springs and keep stock shocks?

no, bilsteins with springs to suit the off the shelf valving, or revalved to suit what ever springs you choose.

oh ok, sorry, got confused, been reading heaps about spring rates and whether to go coilovers or not.

not that i want to start another one of those threads. :blink: lol.

has anyone owned the tein flex? they rougher ride than super streets or softer?

with z32's at least the flex has spring rates 1 or 2 kg harder than the super streets, I assume its the same for skylines, so they're slightly harder. believe its like s.s.=6/4kg to flex=7/6kg but again thats for z32.

flex has a lot more height adjustment than super streets & height also doesnt affect preload (this is good).

that said monoflex is a lot better than both (others are twintube design) but more $.

oh ok, sorry, got confused, been reading heaps about spring rates and whether to go coilovers or not.

not that i want to start another one of those threads. :) lol.

has anyone owned the tein flex? they rougher ride than super streets or softer?

I wouldn't get anything less than Mono Flex. At least then ur getting acceptable shocks for the money. U can get softer springs for em cheap.

If suspension isn't worth that much to U, just get some gold BC Racing coilovers for $1200. They'll do the job and be better than Tein Super Street and have separate height and preload adjustment.

ive got super streets, theyre great for street use. 4kg springs front and rear. very comfy for a coilover, and handle well. lots of damper and height adjustment.

but keep in mind, they may be a bit soft for serious track use. although with upgraded sway bars, theyre a great street setup.

note. i picked mine up for $800. if i was looking at buying for the new price (2k?), i'd probably go for monoflex.

Edited by Munkyb0y

send matt (god speed) a pm and ask him. he just took tein type flex i think out of his car and put super streets in his r33 gtr. if you do get the teins spend the extra mopney and get the efdc aswell as it makes the adjustment easier.

send matt (god speed) a pm and ask him. he just took tein type flex i think out of his car and put super streets in his r33 gtr. if you do get the teins spend the extra mopney and get the efdc aswell as it makes the adjustment easier.

I don't understand how anyone could buy cheap coilovers with EDFC wen U can get much better ones without EDFC for the same price. Most race cars don't even run anything like that.

I have Tein Flex in my car. I love them. Though i only drive the car a few times a month, i think as a daily they would be too stiff on Sydneys crappy roads.

yeah, i think flex have 6kg front and 5kg rear. plus luckily, perth roads are a bit nicer, in some places.lol

Just installed the Tein SS, first impression after 1 day drive is they are soft and can be quite unbalanced even when the damping setting are all the same (9 all round). After coming from a stiff coilover setup such as Nismo R-Tunes, it is gonna take some time to adapt to the new Teins. What surprise me is that the Teins front shock is longer and the rear is shorter than my Nismo's. Imagine the ride height adjustment setting is like a reverse on both ends. Now im running 6Front & 8Rear settings. Since im new to Teins product, is it ok to run it harder when new, for instance would the damping loss it's rebound pressure after 6 months of use compare to those who run softer settings when new?. One other thing, my other suspension setup has Cusco Adjustable Camber Pillowball, Cusco Tension Rod, Nismo Anti Rollbar. I thought by getting the Teins (soft spring+damping) would reduce the noise level of the pillowball effect, to my surprise they sound even louder and felt harsher too on low speed. Nothing was loose before the Teins was installed.