SAU Community

My Import Experience - R34 Vspec Gtr - Top Secret Imports!

KR4-GTR

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi guys and girls,

Today I placed an order with Top Secret Imports to bring over my new car - a Bayside Blue R34 V-spec GTR!

This will be my first experience having a car picked out and brought over from Japan. I have made this thread to document the process, my thoughts and general experience as updates arise. Everything will be documented - from the moment I place the order until the moment the car is in my garage.

I have chosen to go with Top Secret Imports (www.topsecretimports.com.au) due to their great reputation and numerous recommendations from friends. I have been dealing with Garry. Top Secret Imports are a licenced motor dealer and are able to simplify and perform the whole import process for you (Jap deregistration, quarantine, DoTaRS approval, shipping, Aus and Jap customs, cleaning, transport, compliance, registration - everything!) Garry understands exactly what I am after and I feel comfortable trusting his judgement to bring me over a fantastic car.

For now, we play the waiting game. As the cars pop up available for sale over in Japan, Garry will send me the details, prices and pictures. Top Secret Imports dont just obtain their cars from the auctions, they also source them from dealers and private sales - so there is a large variety to choose from. All cars are thoroughly checked by their consultants in Japan and detailed reports / pictures are provided.

Upon delivery, the car is guaranteed to be mechanically fine and in excellent interior and exterior condition (including the front V-spec lower lip and also the cars alloy wheels). The car will also be in accident free condition with no structural faults, rust damage or large repairs, or resprays. The vehicle will have no large scratches or dents, will not have worn upholstery or carpets and will not be missing any interior, exterior or mechanical parts.

Garry advised that as per the companies normal practice, the $1000 deposit I paid today (24/10/2009) and also the payment of 2/3 of the cars purchase price (required after vehicle has been located and purchased in Japan) is 100% fully refundable if the car is not in the same condition which Top Secret Imports originally stated upon purchase / or if the car does not meet my expected standard when delivered in Australia.

A very exciting time, will keep you all updated!

Cheers!

koool...

Hey mate I was driving past gran turismo motorsport on spencer st melbourne, there is a bayside blue r34 gtr in the front window not sure if it has the specs your after but it might be worth checking out.

All the best with your purchase.

hey chris good to hear your getting closer to finding your new car im sure its gonna be neat as considering the one i bought off you was, your old baby is going good i recently had the exhuast done and now looking for a set ok GT-Cs to go on

but ill be looking forward to see your new car so keep us updated

Hey mate I was driving past gran turismo motorsport on spencer st melbourne, there is a bayside blue r34 gtr in the front window not sure if it has the specs your after but it might be worth checking out.

All the best with your purchase.

hey mate, cheers for the info!

i just gave them a buzz, it is a non vspec :woot:

i actually flew down to melbourne (im in a hotel room at present!) to take a look at one i saw on car sales. wasnt the one for me. took a look at two others, skipped both of them too.

bit of a shame because i had plans ready to drive one back - booked a hotel for 3 days, money ready to finalise, paid for the VIC VIP reports on them - etc..

but yeah, if anyone knows of any others around here - please let me know and i'll check them out!

anyway, hopefully garry finds something else soon! :)

cheers all!

Edited by KR4-GTR

Cheers Eugene - trip has been one big kick in the balls but i'll keep on searching - i'll know which one is 'the one' when i see it and it will just make delivery that much sweeter! Im sure Jayson as above knows how picky i am especially when it comes to my cars. :) THats one kick ass GTR you have there mate, we'll have to meet up again when you get the GTC's! Have you done any other work since you bought her?

Anyway, on a brighter note - after missing out on the R34's - I just went nuts and indulged myself by jumping straight into the purchase of 4x R35 GTR's instead. I have attached a quick pic :laugh:

post-54322-1260960308_thumb.jpg

Edited by KR4-GTR

On a side note, one of the GTR's i took a look at today was absolutely beautiful - condition wise and mechnically. HOWEVER - the seller did not know it was a non vspec.

SO - if any of you guys are hunting around for a non vspec bayside blue GTR - shoot me through a PM and i'll link you up with the seller.

Cheers! :laugh:

Hey Chris,

Mind sharing the other 2 cars you saw?

Post their Car sales links if possible and let us know why it Failed the 'Chris' Test ...

I am really gonna take you as my Idol searching my Nur (Hopefully Z Tune lol ... ...)

Gotta keep us Updated Buddy. :laugh::)