SAU Community

A/C for 32 needs fixing

Baileylsd

i had this issue as well... mainly happend after i installed my stereo... i found it was because the hose was closed behind the console where the stereo is. Theres a little sensor type vent thing in the console/dash surround which looks like about 3 slits... at the back of these slits is a hose... i uncrimped this and it worked fine again... altho now it takes AGES to get cold... i think it just needs regasing.

Hey there

I just got my AC fixed 2 weeks ago, my compressor died - Compressors tend to go anywhere up to 250 for a 2nd hand one from a wrecker, but can be picked up as cheap as 150..

If you need it checked out, go to a place called "Norms Auto Air" (03) 9876 8611 @ 5/401 Maroondah Hwy Ringwood

He's a genuine bloke and will look after you, there are so many sharks out there in the Automotive AC industry!!!!!

BTW Tell him chicane with the red R33 who's compressor died sent you :cheers:

hey all just readin this thread and thought i would post a reply seens i am an air conditioner fitter and repair as well as a auto elec

well my r33 just did a compressor last week new ones i found are ex japan thats through my nissan dealer and well he said they are bout 1000 dollas delivered which isnt taht dear cos most on various aussie cars are bout 500 to 800 bucks

just for the comp

now if it is the comp you will need a regas and if want it to last as long as possible you should replace the reciever drier 'the little cylinder on the left hand side nex to the air box' as well

now i dont know how much one ( still waiting on call back)is but you should only get a new one so it all works good

if you can get hold of both of them they really arent that hard to fit just time consuming but its a good money saver for you cos the air con bloke only has to vac it down and regas it

all you need is a new orings for the hose fittings and some sealant for them or oil them up

its as easy as that

pm me if you want some ideas on what could be wrong

well dude i could lokk at it but i live like 100 or so kays from melbourne and well its hard to sus with out the proper shit like guages and stuff but then again it could be electrical failure

any way do what you wanna its your call sms me