SAU Community

Some Good News For Sa Motorsport!

mr_rbman

mmmmmmmm, well i saw this as only positive but i may be naive.

When i read it last night i looked at it as an extra and still presumed/hoped the gillman complex would be going ahead (thinking 3 track options eventually would be awesome like all the eastern states have.)

now i live in seaford rise so i'm a southerner, it takes me 1 hr and 15 mins to get to mallala and it would be the same time to tailem bend as i wakeboard at wellington (which takes just under an hour to get to) and tailem bend is only another 10 mins further.

you southerners whinging about how far away it is needs to come for a hills run with me so i can show you the back way to get to murray bridge/tailem bend, there are some great roads which you guys clearly don't know about!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see this complex wouldn't attract full on drag cars but for the everyday modded street car who wants to have fun legally i think this is a great option, i'm all for it but still want to see an andra drag strip down the track

It takes me longer to drive to Mallala than to Tailem Bend - or rather I should say it takes me longer to get home from Mallala (due to peak hour traffic all the way) than it does to get home from Tailem Bend. But likewise I am known to use the back roads instead of the Freeway.

The way I see it two venues are better than 1 and it seems we have been holding out/hoping for the Gillman complex for a several years now and the government will NOT approve it.

cross roads isnt south though

lol, im talking norlunga/willunga/mclaren vale etc where main south road is our main traffic way. we would have a hour drive into the city, 20 minutes to navigate through the city (anzac underpass, road works, city traffic, speed camera's etc etc) then a hour to get out to TB.

lol Gary Glitter....do you know where TB is?

Why do you need to come into town?

Willunga - Mt Compass - Strathalbyn - Wellington - TB

and Cross Road must be north I suppose then :D

lol pete, i dont count much of anything past flagstaff 'true' south either :D

from then on, its yuppy town till you hit the true northern ghetto, holden hill onwards haha :(

Edited by Import S13

and Cross Road must be north I suppose then :D

still a smartass i see :(

yes, it must be north then..... like was mentioned above, true south is from basically the victoria hotel through to the far south of victor harbour. cross roads is still flatlands, once you climb the hill you hit the start of "south".

the reason i mentioned town aswell was if im hauling a trailer with a car on it i dont want to be taking the windy tight hills way as you have to slow alot more for corners and any short term gain disapears. i want to come up to the foot of town and go via the sth eastern freeway where i can just gas it up to 110 and sit there. if you have traveled that route with a trailer you would know that it is actually quicker :P

still a smartass i see :D

yes, it must be north then..... like was mentioned above, true south is from basically the victoria hotel through to the far south of victor harbour. cross roads is still flatlands, once you climb the hill you hit the start of "south".

the reason i mentioned town aswell was if im hauling a trailer with a car on it i dont want to be taking the windy tight hills way as you have to slow alot more for corners and any short term gain disapears. i want to come up to the foot of town and go via the sth eastern freeway where i can just gas it up to 110 and sit there. if you have traveled that route with a trailer you would know that it is actually quicker :(

I've said it once, and I'll say it again

Rhys... you're a dick.

-D

Rhys you're a complete cockstain. How you find it amusing to call yourself Bevan Spencer is beyond me.

Have you even considered that someone on this forum might be related or know one of the many victims?

Not funny at all really and to put it into your own terminology it = EPIC FAIL

this thread is now getting interesting

Not really, it's the same old shit with this forum. A few members aren't quite fond of the way a few other members have conducted themselves in the past so any time the latter post, the former feel the need to post up their disdain for those members, even if it has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Then a few others get on the hatin' wagon and there are some personal and general attacks thrown around then the offending posts get deleted and all parties silently vow to continue their epic struggle the next time they see their forum enemy post.

On a side note u suck andrew :( o yeah i said that

ur interupting krishys ep of "sau days of our lives"

so what its the same old story, all soap oprahs repeat the same issues over and over anyway

Edited by Inline 6

and Cross Road must be north I suppose then :P

Ignore Petes suggestion. why head south from willunga to mt compass, then head north east to Strath?

its 10 kays longer and should only be done in a prime mover when your oversize.

how about

morphett vale crew , clarendon, meadows, strathabyn,wellington,TB

Further south, Willuga, Meadows, Strahalbyn, Wellington,TB

deap south victor harbour, goolwa by pass, strathabyn, wellington,TB

all take 1:15 - 1:30

no traffic and no cops.

Mallala and Gilman.

at least the same time and lots of cops and lots of traffic.

how about

morphett vale crew , clarendon, meadows, strathabyn,wellington,TB

Further south, Willuga, Meadows, Strahalbyn, Wellington,TB

deap south victor harbour, goolwa by pass, strathabyn, wellington,TB

yeah that's probably a better route.....just trying to tell him that coming into town is a waste of time